2019 Season a disaster already

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Re: 2019 Season a disaster already

gringo wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2019 7:55pm
To the top wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2019 7:39pm The faults of the past have been what they are - and you can not go backwards in time

To the doomsayers, I ask this ...

Starting from the Draft which delivered Billings, Dunstan and Acres to the Club, List the ages of these players now and how many games they have played

Because that is the future - noting also that the players listed have not had the benefit of established Senior players to support their entry to AFL football as 18 year olds and particularly absent Fisher, Dempster, Riewoldt and Montagna

These players have not had the benefit of being “under the radar” because of the presence of others

What we do currently is look for the signs, as we did post Riewoldt and Koschitzke and the others who gave us the side we had from that time
I guess you are addressing me, I'm no doomsayer, I'm just pointing out that there was nothing wrong with pointing out faults with the club, we all make them. This season will really sort the wheat from the chaff, if we are on less than 3 wins by midseason I can't see Richo surviving, it also means that that generation of players has not progressed in all likelihood. Last year was a poor year by too many players and if we are to go back up the ladder we need guys like Billings, Acres and Dunstan to become what they promised they might be.

My whole point was it's crazy to banish someone for free speech. Home truths aren't the devil, complacency and not learning from mistakes is. It's hard to hear but you can't progress without some self assessment. I can see us progressing if we take he set backs in the right way, but I can also make a pretty good case for being set in the bottom 4. It's not a foregone thing but what started out as a preseason with a bit of momentum has taken a few hits and needs to start turning positive to keep the players on the right path.

I think you on the money with your thinking. We have to make adversity our friend, and make a point and take a stand as a footy team and prove we are not perennial cellar dwellers.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

s*** thread. Adds nothing of value

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Vazelos wrote: Sat 16 Mar 2019 10:35pm The maturity ,honesty and respect shown from both Jaxons and Back from the USA on this matter is very encouraging. This place over the years had standards drop very low at times I am glad to see that has now changed.
People must feel free to express themselves so we must be careful sanctioning comments unless they are really out of line and derogatory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtiJN6yiik

Saint wagga
Club Player

I really liked how Riewoldt didn’t sugar coat how to assess this year. No excuses etc...he wants to see us play good footy with good buy in, commitment, a good game plan. If we see this, the rest takes care of itself ie: we win games we should win, we are competitive most weeks.

For a club struggling as badly as us, we just need to win games, it’s that simple! We win games, everything is different! It starts with Gold Coast. I would say they are the only team in the comp we need to flog for it to mean anything! They are such a basket case, a crappy win against them won’t be much...every other team, a wins a wins a win.