A Letter To Dan Hannebery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

Re: A Letter To Dan Hannebery

Gershwin wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 11:47pm
saynta wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 4:01pm
Gershwin wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 3:33pm I'd hate to think that the medical department promised him they could get him good and now they can't. Sounds like they fancied themselves with Freeman after Collingwood had failed and now they think they are better than Sydney.
They actually did fix Freeman's hammy's. He will be playing in the VFL this year and is a tip to be redrafted in the mid-season draft all being well.
Bet they didn’t think it would take 2 1/2 years and that he would lose his pace. Is that time period going to be acceptable for Hannebery?
Do you think it is better we do not take risks like Freeman or Dan?

Lots of people feel safe when there is no risk even if it means you never fail or achieve.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Shaggy wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 9:49pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 9:02pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 8:47pm Putting it in a single post would suffice.
ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
You and I are opposite.

It failed with Freeman. This year we have taken more punts with King, Dan and Bytel. It is a longer-term plan hoping our medicos can fix them.

We are sacrificing short term for hopefully long-term guns if we can fix them.

We need guns.

Given where we are today that is such a great strategy IMO.

Never be afraid of short term failure
You're very mistaken with your assumptions as to my view of things.
I am fully supportive of King and Bytel.
I would have been pissed off if they did not draft King.
In fact I was pissed off they were offering 1.3 million for Dylan Shiel for a short term fix which no doubt would have meant giving up pick 4 and missing out on drafting King.
Thankfully Shiel saved them from making another huge blunder.
I regard the decision to delist Freeman as an idiotic mistake and thought he showed enough in one and a half games to be persisted with.
The people who delisted him failed in their assessment IMHO.
I'd much rather have Freeman on the list instead of Hannebury.

Hannebury is an entirely different matter.
Mixing up my view on things by linking Hannebery with the other things you've mentioned is a complete figment of your imagination as I am in agreement with most of what you wrote.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 7:45pm Its akin to judging a political party or a PM or President that is barely into their first year of a 4 year stint. There are plenty of examples to draw upon.

Again, how anyone can say Hanners is already a disaster or a scam is not drawing up real world examples or the anals of history itself.

If it's a disaster at the end of 4 or 5 years then derail those involved if you wish but it's very, very, very early to making any call on whether Dan was good or bad recruiting.
Not sure how Dan will go long term but the FACTS are we have a player in the THIRD year of hamstring injury and we are meant to believe its not an issue, look away, this is not relative to his playing future at St Kilda?

He missed parts of training, no pre season games, now in Richos words he needs "TO BE REBUILT" and you are not concerned?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No, I'm not that concerned. If Dan needs time to get his body right then give it to him. He needs to get the load back into his body. Forget he was a biggish recruit for a second, we would do the same for any player. It's a long term strategy.

The AFL world would be a very simple place player wise if they never got injured and where constantly 100% fit. The reality is is that is the never the case. You have to take the good with the bad with every player. If Dan was 100% and injury free then he would be our best player or top 3. Fingers crossed we get him somewhere very near that.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:55pm No, I'm not that concerned. If Dan needs time to get his body right then give it to him. He needs to get the load back into his body. Forget he was a biggish recruit for a second, we would do the same for any player. It's a long term strategy.
Are you saying it's all a storm in a tea cup ?