Team v Bombers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Bombers

DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:50pm Surprised Kent still in based on Richos message but not upset by it.
Brown is a great in , sorry Joyce fans but he gave away a lot of free kicks for holding due to panic an inexperience. He will be back soon I reckon
Long needs to calm down and that is why he was probably dropped. You dont give a way frees that turn out to be 12 point plays, especially in close games.
And lets be real, pierce wasn't good so that is the least surprising of all
Watch the long free on replay... you'll be surprised.

portosaint
Club Player

aussie sainter wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 8:39pm Ok with this, but i would have Clarke in for Sinclair. He was a passenger last week
Its a tough one... Sinclair has polish, which we lack.
He does need to find a way into the game though.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Better looking team, however I'd prefer Long or Clarke in the team rather than Dunstan.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:15pm
Saintmatt wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:19pm I’ll never understand why our Match Committee selects Dunstan and Ross in the same team. They’re the same goddam player FFS ... slow, one-sided, plodders who never hurt with their possessions.

Just play Ross as the slow inside mid and change it up with Clark in there too. No opposition is afraid when Dunstan is selected.
Seb is not slow and the coach rated him BOG last Sunday. Dunstan won about 15 hard ball gets and laid about 5 tackles from memory.

You obviously didn't watch last weeks match where Seb burst from the centre, outran a couple of suns players and then sent a bullet pass on to the chest of Bruce for a goal.
I've been a serial offender about potting Seb, for a long time.
Each time he gets the ball, I focus and prepare to bag him.
But against the Suns, he did some excellent stuff, like that one you said.
Somebody has gotten in his ear about NOT bombing it; he's been ordered to look before he kicks, actually do something good for the team, not just for his stats.

Should he keep this up, he will be more valuable than Stuv, and will drag us over the line many times this year.

I'm loving the 2019 Ross.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:06pm
Saintmatt wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:19pm I’ll never understand why our Match Committee selects Dunstan and Ross in the same team. They’re the same goddam player FFS ... slow, one-sided, plodders who never hurt with their possessions.

Just play Ross as the slow inside mid and change it up with Clark in there too. No opposition is afraid when Dunstan is selected.
Won us 4 points last week, and I reckon there are a few oppo players that hear foot steps when he's around. There is one Suns player that will have a bit of fear about him next time he lines up on Luke.

Reckon he will build into the season on the back of a good finish to last season.

FFS
I’d say Luke put in a mighty effort in to last 30
Seconds and it was crazy brave. Not in dispute. But if you honestly think he was even barely serviceable in the previous 3.9 quarters - I reckon we were watching a different game.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:10am

Won us 4 points last week, and I reckon there are a few oppo players that hear foot steps when he's around. There is one Suns player that will have a bit of fear about him next time he lines up on Luke.

Reckon he will build into the season on the back of a good finish to last season.

FFS
Seconds and it was crazy brave. Not in dispute. But if you honestly think he was even barely serviceable in the previous 3.9 quarters - I reckon we were watching a different game.
It's possible we watched the same game, but just through a different lens. Sometimes you get some browny points for impacting the game in different ways and Luke's 0.1 of a quarter contribution won us the game which is probably weighted very heavily in a game that was an indifferent team performance. Luke has to perform this week.

You do realise if the coach was angry and bitter he probably wouldn't pick anyone based on your criteria.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

When bruce moves into ruck........WE are just too small up forward

Stood out like dogs balls last week.......created terrible options coming off halfback/wing

saint4life
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:29pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:50pm Surprised Kent still in based on Richos message but not upset by it.
Brown is a great in , sorry Joyce fans but he gave away a lot of free kicks for holding due to panic an inexperience. He will be back soon I reckon
Long needs to calm down and that is why he was probably dropped. You dont give a way frees that turn out to be 12 point plays, especially in close games.
I am a big long fan and like him but this isn't his first offense relating to this kind of behaviour. I love the aggression but it's not always called for and his involvement cost us a shot at goal and them getting one soon after. Could have cost the game hence why he got dropped. IMO of course.

Acres better bloody deliver. Promising for so long now to break out well do it already.

Will I get banned for a day for the use of bloody?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 8:45am When bruce moves into ruck........WE are just too small up forward

Stood out like dogs balls last week.......created terrible options coming off halfback/wing
It’s not ideal, is it. Maybe Acres goes forward when that happens

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:19am
chook23 wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 8:45am When bruce moves into ruck........WE are just too small up forward

That's what I was thinking.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

[quote="DJ Higgins post_id=1780732 time=1553813398 user_id=22904]
I am a big long fan and like him but this isn't his first offense relating to this kind of behaviour. I love the aggression but it's not always called for and his involvement cost us a shot at goal and them getting one soon after. Could have cost the game hence why he got dropped. IMO of course.

Acres better bloody deliver. Promising for so long now to break out well do it already.

[/quote]

No mate, Well I would bloody hope you wouldn't. :wink:

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:29am

FFS
It's possible we watched the same game, but just through a different lens. Sometimes you get some browny points for impacting the game in different ways and Luke's 0.1 of a quarter contribution won us the game which is probably weighted very heavily in a game that was an indifferent team performance. Luke has to perform this week.

You do realise if the coach was angry and bitter he probably wouldn't pick anyone based on your criteria.
I'm not sure I ever mentioned that being angry and bitter should be a selection criteria but, well done you for bizarrely bringing that into the conversation. Or, if that was a reference to me being angry and bitter - my God - you've couldn't be more off the mark.

I simply made the assertion that I don't believe Dunstan is a solid, regular contributor. He doesn't accumulate massive possession numbers and does little to nothing to hurt the opposition with the ones he gets. He's slow and yet, brave as they come (which I acknowledge without reservation). But ... given Luke's very minimal impact a game (apart from the 1% at the end) - I'd like to think we'd get significantly more value from Hunter Clark replacing him.

Go you red, black & white warriors
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I would love to see a team of our best ball users

Drop all those who cant kick including the captain and Dunstan

Nee!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 12:57pm I would love to see a team of our best ball users

I would love to see a forum topic where posters just don’t parrot the “Geary disposal “ line

Last week he went at 72% disposal efficiency about team average

Last year he was well above the afl average. From memory in the top 150 in the comp

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
StPeter
Club Player

I can't understand the negative comments on this site about Sinclair's game last week.

Not his best but his stats show it to be reasonable. Twenty disposals,, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances, a goal, 5 score involvements.

He is a player with polish which is lacking in many of our players. Always should be one of the first selected for mine.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:19am

Nah, we can put Acres in the ruck. Problem solved. :wink:

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 12:54pm
Cairnsman wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:29am

FFS

I'm not sure I ever mentioned that being angry and bitter should be a selection criteria but, well done you for bizarrely bringing that into the conversation. Or, if that was a reference to me being angry and bitter - my God - you've couldn't be more off the mark.

I simply made the assertion that I don't believe Dunstan is a solid, regular contributor. He doesn't accumulate massive possession numbers and does little to nothing to hurt the opposition with the ones he gets. He's slow and yet, brave as they come (which I acknowledge without reservation). But ... given Luke's very minimal impact a game (apart from the 1% at the end) - I'd like to think we'd get significantly more value from Hunter Clark replacing him.
So there was nothing about improvement in Luke towards the end of last season that makes you think he's worth persisting with past round 1?

I assume you just want him delisted on the spot and his spot in the team handed over to Hunter?

spert
Saintsational Legend

It would be nice to see Clark in the team. The best way to do that is to get a couple of BOGs as a mid at Sandy, and that puts the pressure on for senior selection.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 3:39pm It would be nice to see Clark in the team. The best way to do that is to get a couple of BOGs as a mid at Sandy, and that puts the pressure on for senior selection.
Correct I would think although the coach said both of our draft picks from last year needed to work on a couple of things.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Pretty happy with the changes. Marshall deserves a good run at it at league level.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Reckon Collins might think twice next time he puts his head over it with Dunstan in the vacinity

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 9:02pm

Reckon Collins might think twice next time he puts his head over it with Dunstan in the vacinity
I know, to say NO opposition is afraid is a comment made from the safety of a keyboard.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 9:49am

There wasn't an offence...that was my point, that your point was mute.

Umpire made a mistake, and IMO a terrible decision.

And creating some false narrative of consistent behaviours of Long is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. It's like you've never seen a 50 given away before.

BTW should Newnes be dropped for smashing the ball into the ground and giving away a free after dropping an uncontested mark? Turnaround at a dangerous part of the ground...

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:50pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

There wasn't an offence...that was my point, that your point was mute.

Umpire made a mistake, and IMO a terrible decision.

And creating some false narrative of consistent behaviours of Long is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. It's like you've never seen a 50 given away before.

BTW should Newnes be dropped for smashing the ball into the ground and giving away a free after dropping an uncontested mark? Turnaround at a dangerous part of the ground...
[/quote]
I am a little confused here. My point was mute? Do you mean moot? Not sure why it was. Regardless if an offence was committed if he didn't get involved after the free was awarded to us then we would have had a shot at goal. Perfectly valid point.
Umpires make mistakes that is true so why give the chance to make one.
Long has been suspended multiple times for on field indiscretions. I think he was out for about 5 weeks in 2017 which is hardly a false narrative. But if that wasn't why he got dropped why do you think he was dropped for as their were others out there that had worse games

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 1:14pm
fugazi wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 12:57pm I would love to see a team of our best ball users

I would love to see a forum topic where posters just don’t parrot the “Geary disposal “ line

Last week he went at 72% disposal efficiency about team average

Last year he was well above the afl average. From memory in the top 150 in the comp

Trouble with those stats is they don't show the difficulty of the disposals attempted. Geary will tend to dish off the easy sideways disposal, because he knows ( and the opposition knows) how easily he coughs up any kick requiring actual precision.
I have never seen an opposition back off kick ins to allow a player to receive a possession in the backline the way they do with our captain.
Lets have a look today.
Gears is as courageous fit and accountable as any....but costs us in ball movement and turnovers as much as any on the list.

Nee!