Coaches messages for Members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Coaches messages for Members

After the pretty ordinary "coaches messages " of last season, I must admit to being happy with the new ones (naturally a win helps of course) I'm prepared to cut Richo some slack and thus far he has done little wrong. His post game message from round one (in my humble opinion) was an improvement on past efforts, in his assessment of the game and performances. Brett Ratten's post game message from round 2 was excellent, loved his enthusiasm and positive approach. I honestly believe that the coaching panel changes from 2018 can see Alan Richardson take the next step in achieving success at the Saints. I don't want to see him fail, and with Ratts in the box with him, Richo is a WAY better matchday coach!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coaches messages for Members

Why was Tim Membrey singled out??

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
gone fission
Club Player

Richo is finished, don't let 2 wins against terrible sides rattle you. His next step is out the door.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 7:58pm Why was Tim Membrey singled out??
:? :? :?:

stonecold
SS Life Member

gone fission wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:06pm Richo is finished, don't let 2 wins against terrible sides rattle you. His next step is out the door.
Haha, yeah right!!!!! :roll:

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

gone fission wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:06pm Richo is finished, don't let 2 wins against terrible sides rattle you. His next step is out the door.
I accept that it's only 2 wins colleague. "terrible sides" ??? Essendon came into round two with EVERY pundit giving them the win. On paper. our two sides were poles apart, I thought it was a terrific win, and to label the round two win as just a win against a "terrible side" gives NO credit to the efforts of our boys in MAKING Essendon look (as you say) "terrible" I'm by no means organising a "cheer squad" for Alan Richardson, and feel that he did a fairly ordinary job last season (to say the least) BUT I also give credit where I think it's due, and so far, the coaching panel and Richo are doing alright, given the injuries etc. I honestly hope that he's not "finished" and that he has learned from last season, because that can only be good for all of us!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:13pm
We are the members - Tim is Members

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:54pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:13pm
We are the members - Tim is Members
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You, Colleague, are WAY too quick for the old Jiggster!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (nice one mate!)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 7:10pm After the pretty ordinary "coaches messages " of last season, I must admit to being happy with the new ones (naturally a win helps of course) I'm prepared to cut Richo some slack and thus far he has done little wrong. His post game message from round one (in my humble opinion) was an improvement on past efforts, in his assessment of the game and performances. Brett Ratten's post game message from round 2 was excellent, loved his enthusiasm and positive approach. I honestly believe that the coaching panel changes from 2018 can see Alan Richardson take the next step in achieving success at the Saints. I don't want to see him fail, and with Ratts in the box with him, Richo is a WAY better matchday coach!
I'm guessing by virtue of Alan being a professional coach of an elite sporting team he is aware of his weaknesses and so were the club. I'm really impressed how the club didn't revert to type and turn the joint into a circus last season by making Alan the scapegoat. The press would still be feasting on our gizzards and worse still, we would have thrown the baby out with the bath water which would have resulted in an unnecessary reset and rebuild. Blind Freddy could see our problems weren't as bad as they seemed and sacking an individual wasn't going to fix all that needed fixing, or tweaking, for a want of a more appropriate description of the situation.

Irrespective of how things pan out for the current caretaker of the coaches position, for once ever, I think the club has shown maturity and professionalism in it's dealing with a considerable challenge.

suss
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 7:10pm After the pretty ordinary "coaches messages " of last season, I must admit to being happy with the new ones (naturally a win helps of course) I'm prepared to cut Richo some slack and thus far he has done little wrong. His post game message from round one (in my humble opinion) was an improvement on past efforts, in his assessment of the game and performances. Brett Ratten's post game message from round 2 was excellent, loved his enthusiasm and positive approach. I honestly believe that the coaching panel changes from 2018 can see Alan Richardson take the next step in achieving success at the Saints. I don't want to see him fail, and with Ratts in the box with him, Richo is a WAY better matchday coach!
Thanks for the tip jiggster, I didn’t realise that ratts had done the match wrap up video.

What a great vid. No media speak or rehearsed terms - just a passionate summary of the game. He’s a beauty.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 10:12pm
Thanks for the tip jiggster, I didn’t realise that ratts had done the match wrap up video.

What a great vid. No media speak or rehearsed terms - just a passionate summary of the game. He’s a beauty.
G'day suss! You're welcome Colleague! (for the tip) I'm glad that you saw the same qualities as myself in that video. Without getting carried away, I see a potential "double act" forming between Richo and Ratts. Even on the basis of two admittedly scrappy wins, I feel SO much better about our prospects than I did at the same stage last season.