Team v Suns

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Suns

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 11:24pm
fugazi wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 10:07pm Looking forward to seeing Hind in action and welcome back White - good player, old fashioned and tough with a huge boot.

Shame about Steele, but in a couple of weeks we should have him, Hannas, Carlisle in the side with King pushing for selection.
Don't think we'll see Hannebury, Carlisle or King in the seniors this year.
Limited pre-seasons and lack of match conditioning - look at what happened to Gears.
No, I think they'll join Dylan, Paddy, Logan Austin and Stuv until the pre-season.

Development year. It is a shame about Steele though - hopefully he can come back in soon.
I know what you mean, but Armo in the 1s doesn't make it a development year.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
goods
Club Player

chook23 wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 7:58pm some ordinary outs and ordinary ins highlights we have a lot of ordinary players.............

We really do lack some class players
Carlisle, Hannerbry, King, Steven - I would say there is some class there.. just not this week.

stkfc1
Club Player

Munga wrote: Fri 14 Jun 2019 12:24am
samuraisaint wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 11:24pm
fugazi wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 10:07pm Looking forward to seeing Hind in action and welcome back White - good player, old fashioned and tough with a huge boot.

Shame about Steele, but in a couple of weeks we should have him, Hannas, Carlisle in the side with King pushing for selection.
Don't think we'll see Hannebury, Carlisle or King in the seniors this year.
Limited pre-seasons and lack of match conditioning - look at what happened to Gears.
No, I think they'll join Dylan, Paddy, Logan Austin and Stuv until the pre-season.

Development year. It is a shame about Steele though - hopefully he can come back in soon.
I know what you mean, but Armo in the 1s doesn't make it a development year.
If Hanners gets through this week unscathed and plays well, he'll play the Lions. Carlise will get 2 games in the 2s and come in after that, so long as he pulls up ok.

Its not like they've been sitting around and now their injuries are ok, they're suddenly running around again. Both have already put in a big block of training so they're right to go.

guitars4
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 11:40pm
kosifantutti wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 7:19pm Seven changes!
Armo and Hind in
After The China Syndrome match I'm surprised there weren't twenty-two.
I was more like China crisis IMO :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Don’t mind that full forward line: Gresham, Membrey, Parker.

If I had to pick five current Saints who are hard to beat one on one, they’d be three of them. And they all love a goal, always a good quality in a forward.

The question is, will they actually line up there and if they do can we get them one on one? Can we give them some space in which to operate?

We’ll find out

Special
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:12am
samuraisaint wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 11:40pm
kosifantutti wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 7:19pm Seven changes!
Armo and Hind in
After The China Syndrome match I'm surprised there weren't twenty-two.
I was more like China crisis IMO :wink:
Players such as Kent and Newnes are undroppable.

After a long counselling session Richo was convinced it was OK to drop both Long and Young in the same week as the indigineous rounds were over.

In any case, Sandy’s game tomorrow has as much if not more interest than the seniors today given the lineups!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If G for gun Steele had not injured himself at training one would have gone. If Phillips didn't do a hammy both would have (although not completely confident on that one). We are just at the bottom of the talent pool selection-wise at the moment. Injuries and illnesses are taking their toll. Rice now has a clear idea of how he is thought of.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Has Armo been given a farewell game in front of family and friends given it is in Townsville as close as the afl gets to Mackay?