Carlisle Playing this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HighettMan
Club Player

Re: Carlisle Playing this week

Vaz structurally it is huge, I just wish we could have two extra Jacks in the midfield cause that would be hooga.

Fingers bloody crossed we have some luck with injuires and can settle a side for 10 games.

We are coming.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

so glad to have him back. and hoping to see Jack Steven back aswell asap

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:54am Is limited game time in the firsts a sin? I mean, would it serve us better to play Jake C two and half quarters in the seniors (both to win the game at hand as well as get him match ready going forward) than select him to play a full game at Sandy, presumably at a slower tempo?
Well we have been playing with 2-3 less players every week lately anyway (Young, Long, Parker and even Kent usually) so why not stick Carlisle and Hannebery in?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 7:09pm Vaz structurally it is huge, I just wish we could have two extra Jacks in the midfield cause that would be hooga.

Fingers bloody crossed we have some luck with injuires and can settle a side for 10 games.

We are coming.
Our backline structure was pretty stable in 2018 but we were'nt going anywhere. Carlisle and Brown were fit. When Robbo went down Cho didn't want to play McKenzie or White. He waited until Webster was injured before DMac got his opportunity

By round 6 the coach and the club apologists were declaring that the players had no confidence and even went as far as stating their skills were below standard. The party line was that the coaches were doing everything they could but the players lacked leadership. The commentary from the heirachy had fans and players confused. No wonder Jack Steven was asking if we were in rebuild mode all over again.

Last year we had both Jacks that you speak of and if I recall correctly, both Steven and Steele were available for most of the season BUT even when they were available there was a doubt on Steele as a player as far as awesome coach was concerned.

Jack Steele was one of the first players dropped as the scapegoat for the round 2 loss against North. He allowed JB and Gresh and Newnes and Weller to keep their spots in those early rounds. Richo also preferred to play an injured Longer ahead of other ruck options for that Good Friday game. Also played a groggy Koby and an unfit Paddy if I recall correctly.

How come with our injuries this year and with less leadership and experience out on the field do you think we are coming?

Are you that confident in Hannas making an impact or is it Parker and Wilkie and the combination of these new blokes along with the emergence of Rowan that has you excited?

HighettMan
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 3:45am
HighettMan wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 7:09pm Vaz structurally it is huge, I just wish we could have two extra Jacks in the midfield cause that would be hooga.

We are coming.
Our backline structure was pretty stable in 2018 but we were'nt going anywhere. Carlisle and Brown were fit. When Robbo went down Cho didn't want to play McKenzie or White. He waited until Webster was injured before DMac got his opportunity

By round 6 the coach and the club apologists were declaring that the players had no confidence and even went as far as stating their skills were below standard. The party line was that the coaches were doing everything they could but the players lacked leadership. The commentary from the heirachy had fans and players confused. No wonder Jack Steven was asking if we were in rebuild mode all over again.

Last year we had both Jacks that you speak of and if I recall correctly, both Steven and Steele were available for most of the season BUT even when they were available there was a doubt on Steele as a player as far as awesome coach was concerned.

Jack Steele was one of the first players dropped as the scapegoat for the round 2 loss against North. He allowed JB and Gresh and Newnes and Weller to keep their spots in those early rounds. Richo also preferred to play an injured Longer ahead of other ruck options for that Good Friday game. Also played a groggy Koby and an unfit Paddy if I recall correctly.

How come with our injuries this year and with less leadership and experience out on the field do you think we are coming?

Are you that confident in Hannas making an impact or is it Parker and Wilkie and the combination of these new blokes along with the emergence of Rowan that has you excited?
Dot points are good for information that summarises points you've made gazillion's of times.

You is looking in the rear vision mirror. Be patient you will get a new coach it's just a matter of when.

In the mean time try and enjoy your football team and by extension....life.

I'm just bloody excited to get two ripping players into the side and see what happens. Simples.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he's under done.

Probably needs an extra week of maybe 3/4 at Sandy.

Just saying...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Brissie has two genuine rucks as well, one who can play forward.

Concerning.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
HighettMan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 3:01pm Brissie has two genuine rucks as well, one who can play forward.

Concerning.
We have the Josh and Jake show. They can pinch hit in the ruck.....AND, they both can play forward...AND back.

Gee Alan is building an Uber versatile side.

We will smash the Lions.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:57pm There is some risk to play them both but it gives us a chance people criticise AR for being too conservative well now he is going for it.
Structurally it’s massive having Big Jake back.
Only if they’re ready. Otherwise it’s plain stupidity. A guy who has had major back surgery and virtually nil preseason rushed back after one VFL game?? Not even a full vfl game.

The other we have signed up for a long term contract on huge money who has a history of soft tissue injury and has played 2 x vfl games....

There’s calculated risks and plain reckless

asiu
Saintsational Legend

breaking down in the twos or in the ones
would be a disaster

i’d vote more time in the twos
to mitigate risk
(longer term considerations)

but

the risk of falling behind the pack
seems to trump that approach

i trust it pays off with a full deck of healthy players
to sing the song

go us

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I still reckon he is under done.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Rocket
Club Player

Will start forward ....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 5:30pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 3:01pm Brissie has two genuine rucks as well, one who can play forward.

Concerning.
We have the Josh and Jake show. They can pinch hit in the ruck.....AND, they both can play forward...AND back.

We will smash the Lions.
Ok

:lol:

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Concerning.

We will smash the Lions.
Just asking for a friend - do you know if you were dropped on your head as a small child?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Club Player

not all delusions come from a brain injury - hallucinogenic substances have been implicated, psychological trauma however is the most likely . The never ending trauma of being sucked into a red/white/black abyss.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
HighettMan
Club Player

True Believer wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 9:44am

Concerning.

We will smash the Lions.
Just asking for a friend - do you know if you were dropped on your head as a small child?
More than once according to eye witnesses. Apparently Mum gave up once she realised I wouldn't die.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Concerning.

We will smash the Lions.
I hope you’re right, but unless your ordering a ride, it's hard to take anyone seriously who uses the word ”uber” in a sentence.

#weaselwords #credibility

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 5:30pm We have the Josh and Jake show. They can pinch hit in the ruck.....AND, they both can play forward...AND back.
You’re not suggesting the coaching staff have some influence over where these guys line up, are you?

It’s pretty well documented but Jake doesn’t want want to play forward, so I will have to see it to believe it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 9:44am

Concerning.

We will smash the Lions.
Gold!!!

:D

HighettMan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 12:21pm

Concerning.

We will smash the Lions.
I hope you’re right, but unless your ordering a ride, it's hard to take anyone seriously who uses the word ”uber” in a sentence.

#weaselwords #credibility
I'm happy you aren't taking me seriously, it makes you seem playful.

HighettMan
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 12:36pm
HighettMan wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 5:30pm We have the Josh and Jake show. They can pinch hit in the ruck.....AND, they both can play forward...AND back.
You’re not suggesting the coaching staff have some influence over where these guys line up, are you?

It’s pretty well documented but Jake doesn’t want want to play forward, so I will have to see it to believe it.
Yeah based on events at Jake's old club I'd be surprised if they attempt to turn him into a full time sit at home forward, don't think that will happen but he's got offensive attacking skills and has been known to do the occasional drive-by into the forwards neighborhood so could be that real adaptive experienced leader who knows where he's needed on the ground. These types are like a spec of sand on a beach at our club presently.

I think the first challenge for Josh and Jake is to get an understanding, they are both interceptors so they will need to work out ground cover positioning and who and when it is their turn to go and who runs forward for the overlap. Massivie upside, massive upside, having these two types in the team, they don't grow on trees and so to have 2 is ground breaking.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Ground breaking for St Kilda, a big yes.

I actually thought the Josh you were talking about was Bruce. But Battle and Carlisle coming out of the back half is salivating. Hoping, as you point out, they also block for each other.

Add Wilkie and there's 3 talls that can mark and distribute well by foot.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 2:58pm Ground breaking for St Kilda, a big yes.

I actually thought the Josh you were talking about was Bruce. But Battle and Carlisle coming out of the back half is salivating. Hoping, as you point out, they also block for each other.

Add Wilkie and there's 3 talls that can mark and distribute well by foot.
Plus another tall in Marsh. It seems a bit top heavy in defense today.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle is incredibly underdone. No way o would have played him this week. If he does a hamstring there will be some very red faces a St Kilda next week