Eleni Umpiring Saints v Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eleni Umpiring Saints v Freo

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 3:51pm Don’t stress. She’s no better or worse than any of the others.
Most of the others haven't been dropped 4 times this season already.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 3:08pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 2:31pm
satchmo wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 2:15pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 1:46pm
Leo.J wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 1:34pm I cannot believe she is in the best, most qualified umpires in the country.

The AFL needs to take a serious look at how they recruit, develop and train their umpires.

Umpiring is a joke at a junior level, and it doesn’t improve upwards.

The AFL needs to invest in umpires at a junior level to develop talent that stays in the game and eventually umpires at the top level after many years of experience, just like the players. It should start at grassroots level.

But just like Eleni, junior leagues are putting in inexperienced under qualified umpires who ruin games of football because they aren’t up to the level they’re umpiring.

It’s not the umpires fault though, it’s the AFL and the leagues not wanting to invest in this so this is what we get. Mediocrity.
Explain to me how the AFL is going to develop and recruit umpires when you get flogs who don’t understand the game abusing and threatening them because they are not favouring their team?

Why would they continue? How’s a 15 year old kid supposed to respond to that at the local footy?

It’s sad and pathetic the way some carry on on here, and they would be those exact people cluelessly abusing kids at local games thinking they’re some kind of hero :roll:
Just like it's sad and pathetic the way some carried on here about the coach, and they would be those exact same people "cluelessly" abusing coaches at local games (when their little dud is doing their time on the bench) thinking they’re some kind of hero :roll:

Is that a swing or a roundabout?
Spot on mate. That's really calling a spade a f****** shovel. :D :) :wink:
Close to post of the year. Yep, the Dudley carried an avatar of Richo and abused and carried on about him daily until the day he was sacked.

If you accuse others Dudley, you should not behave that way yourself. You fit in at the Greens party Dudley.
Excellent pick up ted and satchmo, excellent. Talk about being hypocritical.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 3:14pm I went to a tribunal in junior footy as one of my Under 12 players had been struck. Nothing sinister just a poor attempt at a spoil. The umpire and his adviser wanted the poor kid hung drawn and quartered. In a well rehearsed performance it was a true example of them trying to get a win. This is how the bad relationship starts.
I used to sit on a local AFL disputes tribunal. The maggots would throw a hissy fit if you let the player off.

dalboy
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 4:55pm
kosifantutti wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 3:51pm Don’t stress. She’s no better or worse than any of the others.

Actually, she is worse!! She has absolutely no feel for the game. We can only hope her inconsistencies and lack of understanding for the game falls in our favour.

Happiness is a warm pie!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

dalboy wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:13pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 4:55pm

Actually, she is worse!! She has absolutely no feel for the game. We can only hope her inconsistencies and lack of understanding for the game falls in our favour.
Unfortunately, I don't believe in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy and I certainly don't have pixies at the bottom of my garden. Blue tongue lizards, yes, Pixies, no. :wink:

So, the truth is she will screw us over, just like she did last time.

We have to be good enough to win in spite of this particular incompetent maggot.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 4:57pm
Leo.J wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 1:34pm I cannot believe she is in the best, most qualified umpires in the country.

The AFL needs to take a serious look at how they recruit, develop and train their umpires.

The AFL needs to invest in umpires at a junior level to develop talent that stays in the game and eventually umpires at the top level after many years of experience, just like the players. It should start at grassroots level.

But just like Eleni, junior leagues are putting in inexperienced under qualified umpires who ruin games of football because they aren’t up to the level they’re umpiring.

It’s not the umpires fault though, it’s the AFL and the leagues not wanting to invest in this so this is what we get. Mediocrity.
Explain to me how the AFL is going to develop and recruit umpires when you get flogs who don’t understand the game abusing and threatening them because they are not favouring their team?

Why would they continue? How’s a 15 year old kid supposed to respond to that at the local footy?

It’s sad and pathetic the way some carry on on here, and they would be those exact people cluelessly abusing kids at local games thinking they’re some kind of hero :roll:
Just like it's sad and pathetic the way some carried on here about the coach, and they would be those exact same people "cluelessly" abusing coaches at local games (when their little dud is doing their time on the bench) thinking they’re some kind of hero :roll:

Close to post of the year. Yep, the Dudley carried an avatar of Richo and abused and carried on about him daily until the day he was sacked.

If you accuse others Dudley, you should not behave that way yourself. You fit in at the Greens party Dudley.
Try again jokers, as usual you’ve missed the mark.

Not once have I personally abused Richo, called him a maggot, called him a cheat or worse, which you all have with umpires and AFL officials. Everything I said about Richo was criticising his job performance.

In fact, numerous times I have said positive things about Richo as a person. Doubt any of you heroes have done the same with umpires :roll:

You can say an umpire has had a bad performance, Dar for example, without insulting him personally or attacking his integrity.

It’s s simple concept some fail to understand.
Last edited by The_Dud on Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 2:24pm

I will tell you how Dud. How about actually giving the umpires correct and honest feedback so they improve rather than just continue to make mistakes. Correct them when they make on field mistakes while learning rather than worrying about how it looks and not how the poor kid feels having his head taken off but no free. Umpires have to understand they are the only ones getting paid at junior football so they aren't the most important part of the day.
You would not have the first idea what goes on behind closed doors, or the feedback they get.

And wouldn’t umpires being ‘dropped’ indicate that they’re getting negative feedback about their performance :roll:

You do not want good umpiring, you want umpiring in your teams favour. And it’s sad and pathetic that you cannot realise or admit this.

And besides, none of this has anything to do with young and junior umpires copping abuse at local footy, no doubt from the same pathetic flogs who carry on about it at AFL level.

They don’t earn a living from it, or get the right support, so why would they bother continuing?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 2:26pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 2:11pm A decent wage?

What is considered a decent wage now a days?

From what I understand the base wage of an AFL Umpire is $65K part time
Over 30 years as a professional in an indusrty and I am only earning 1.25 times that full time.

Can we get more decent than that - if so - I want to be treated 'decently'.
And how many times, in the course of your career, and in particularly in your early years when you were learning your profession and wondering if it was the right career for you, were you subjected to vitriol and threats of physical violence from people you did not even know ?

I have been in employ for 46 years. In all that time no one has ever spoken to me in my employment the way I have been spoken to whilst officiating in a voluntary capacity in junior sport.

When a 15 year old goes out to umpire a junior footy match for pocket money , and is subjected to all sorts of insults and threats, I am pretty sure he or she is not thinking “ No worries - 15 more years of this and I will be on $65K “.
Great post. Pity it will fly straight over the head of some.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Is that a real stat or is it like the one about counting the frees each umpire gives to each team?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:31pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 4:57pm

Try again jokers, as usual you’ve missed the mark.

Not once have I personally abused Richo, called him a maggot, called him a cheat or worse, which you all have with umpires and AFL officials. Everything I said about Richo was criticising his job performance.

In fact, numerous times I have said positive things about Richo as a person. Doubt any of you heroes have done the same with umpires :roll:

You can say an umpire has had a bad performance, Dar for example, without insulting him personally or attacking his integrity.

It’s s simple concept some fail to understand.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: And we are the ones who missed the point? :twisted:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:37pm

I will tell you how Dud. How about actually giving the umpires correct and honest feedback so they improve rather than just continue to make mistakes. Correct them when they make on field mistakes while learning rather than worrying about how it looks and not how the poor kid feels having his head taken off but no free. Umpires have to understand they are the only ones getting paid at junior football so they aren't the most important part of the day.
You would not have the first idea what goes on behind closed doors, or the feedback they get.

And wouldn’t umpires being ‘dropped’ indicate that they’re getting negative feedback about their performance :roll:

You do not want good umpiring, you want umpiring in your teams favour. And it’s sad and pathetic that you cannot realise or admit this.

And besides, none of this has anything to do with young and junior umpires copping abuse at local footy, no doubt from the same pathetic flogs who carry on about it at AFL level.

They don’t earn a living from it, or get the right support, so why would they bother continuing?
Wrong wrong wrong Dud. I know as much as anyone involved in local football for the last 30 odd years in every capacity possible. Been at umpire training, given talks and had training sessions with both senior and junior umpires. Majority of them are there for the coin and have no interest in what they do effects others. There’s plenty that think they are the third team out there and they are above and beyond the most important thing out there. Junior umpires and advisers are far worse as they generally try and point the finger back if any issue is raised.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:49pm
saynta wrote:
Is that a real stat or is it like the one about counting the frees each umpire gives to each team?
Ask Beno88.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Wrong wrong wrong Dud. I know as much as anyone involved in local football for the last 30 odd years in every capacity possible. Been at umpire training, given talks and had training sessions with both senior and junior umpires. Majority of them are there for the coin and have no interest in what they do effects others. There’s plenty that think they are the third team out there and they are above and beyond the most important thing out there. Junior umpires and advisers are far worse as they generally try and point the finger back if any issue is raised.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

I just updated my tip to Freo.

I think we can win by 3 goals but she will gift Freo 4 so that means we will lose.

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:54pm

What a surprise, umpires at every level have got it in for Curly! From the 15 year olds at junior level all the way to international cricket! At no point Curly should look at himself and think maybe that’s where the issue is.

Again, you don’t want good umpiring, you want umpiring in your favour.

Go away and verbally abuse some more kids hero :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 5:59pm

What a surprise, umpires at every level have got it in for Curly! From the 15 year olds at junior level all the way to international cricket! At no point Curly should look at himself and think maybe that’s where the issue is.

Don’t you ever accuse me of verbally abusing kids. I’ve done more for junior sport than you could ever imagine.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Don’t you ever accuse me of verbally abusing kids. I’ve done more for junior sport than you could ever imagine.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 6:46pm

The dud's post is highly offensive and I would imagine, against the rules. You should report him imho.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, I’m sure you don’t call it abuse, but “giving them a talk” :roll:

Looking at your pathetic and defamatory behaviour towards umpires and officials displayed here, as they say, “if the shoe fits”

:roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 6:58pm

The dud's post is highly offensive and I would imagine, against the rules. You should report him imho.
Yep, lots of things Curly says are highly offensive, but I guess if you blow a whistle in a game of football who cares?

Offense is offense and abuse is abuse, it shouldn’t matter who it’s to.

I’m sure those who’ve got a history of running to teacher will go do so :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:02pm Sorry, I’m sure you don’t call it abuse, but “giving them a talk” :roll:

Looking at your pathetic and defamatory behaviour towards umpires and officials displayed here, as they say, “if the shoe fits”

Maggots are fair game on here. Saints officials, who I never abuse are not, so I think once again you are barking up the wrong tree.

Abuse towards fellow posters is against the rules. :roll: :roll:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I will tell you how Dud. How about actually giving the umpires correct and honest feedback so they improve rather than just continue to make mistakes.
How would you do that CURLY? 'Saints are getting slaughtered, even up the free kicks.'

You and others posting every week about umpires is beyond laughable. Your bias is so profound that it's bewildering. You do understand that there's other teams we play against don't you? You do realise that many supporters of those teams actually believe that they are getting stiffed by the umpires when they play us. Particularly at the start of the year when we played the hawks and the bombers. I get as frustrated as anyone with umpires but if you can't see that we lose 99% of games due to lack of ability or not being better on the day you're deluded. Posting adnauseum every week about umpires is weird.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:02pm Sorry, I’m sure you don’t call it abuse, but “giving them a talk” :roll:

Never verbally abused a kid dud. Your the type of person that ruins junior sport. Think your so important that you are the star of the day. Go crawl under a rock.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:06pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 6:58pm

Yep, lots of things Curly says are highly offensive, but I guess if you blow a whistle in a game of football who cares?

Offense is offense and abuse is abuse, it shouldn’t matter who it’s to.

I’m sure those who’ve got a history of running to teacher will go do so :roll:
Wrong again. I was taught by the brothers. Squellers copped the same belting as the one squealed on, fwiw

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:19pm

I will tell you how Dud. How about actually giving the umpires correct and honest feedback so they improve rather than just continue to make mistakes.
How would you do that CURLY? 'Saints are getting slaughtered, even up the free kicks.'

You and others posting every week about umpires is beyond laughable. Your bias is so profound that it's bewildering. You do understand that there's other teams we play against don't you? You do realise that many supporters of those teams actually believe that they are getting stiffed by the umpires when they play us. Particularly at the start of the year when we played the hawks and the bombers. I get as frustrated as anyone with umpires but if you can't see that we lose 99% of games due to lack of ability or not being better on the day you're deluded. Posting adnauseum every week about umpires is weird.
Stats don’t lie.