POLL: Using the quote function

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

POLL: Should BM use the quote function?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 25

Special
Club Player

POLL: Using the quote function

Just a question for you all...

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: POLL: Using the quote function

I don’t really care

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’d vote that as well

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
diddley
Club Player

Special wrote: Tue 15 Oct 2019 11:02pm Just a question for you all...
What’s the quote function?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 15 Oct 2019 11:07pm I don’t really care
Can I quote you on that?

Nee!
Rubyjo
Club Player

Fortius Quote Fidelius

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it's just me but somehow I don't think this will help matters.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I think you’re special 😀

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Since we're having this conversation, it'd be nice if people using the quote function learned how to quote properly. You really don't need to be quoting the entire post you're responding to. Ask yourself, 'do I really need to be quoting the quote in the quote vortex the other person quoted just above me?' Probably not. You should trim your quote down to the absolute minimum amount of text needed. It doesn't take very long. You just delete what you don't need. If you're not sure what you need, then you probably don't need any of it.

I don't see why anyone needs to quote anything. It's a tool available to you if you choose to use it. If someone's post lacks clarity, it's not because they didn't use the quote function - it's because they've worded their post poorly. If you're not sure who somebody is talking to, then ignore them. If a stranger in a bar started ranting at no one in particular, you'd ignore them and get away as quickly as possible. So if somebody on the internet is in the middle of an incoherent rant about quoting on a footy forum, it's probably best to slowly back out of the thread and go back to quoting the entirety of Moby Dick so you can respond with 'LOL'.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 9:52am Since we're having this conversation, it'd be nice if people using the quote function learned how to quote properly. You really don't need to be quoting the entire post you're responding to. Ask yourself, 'do I really need to be quoting the quote in the quote vortex the other person quoted just above me?' Probably not. You should trim your quote down to the absolute minimum amount of text needed. It doesn't take very long. You just delete what you don't need. If you're not sure what you need, then you probably don't need any of it.

I don't see why anyone needs to quote anything. It's a tool available to you if you choose to use it. If someone's post lacks clarity, it's not because they didn't use the quote function - it's because they've worded their post poorly. If you're not sure who somebody is talking to, then ignore them. If a stranger in a bar started ranting at no one in particular, you'd ignore them and get away as quickly as possible. So if somebody on the internet is in the middle of an incoherent rant about quoting on a footy forum, it's probably best to slowly back out of the thread and go back to quoting the entirety of Moby Dick so you can respond with 'LOL'.
lol

bigred
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 9:52am Since we're having this conversation, it'd be nice if people using the quote function learned how to quote properly. You really don't need to be quoting the entire post you're responding to. Ask yourself, 'do I really need to be quoting the quote in the quote vortex the other person quoted just above me?' Probably not. You should trim your quote down to the absolute minimum amount of text needed. It doesn't take very long. You just delete what you don't need. If you're not sure what you need, then you probably don't need any of it.

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 8:58am
I think you’re special 😀
fugazi wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 7:28am
Can I quote you on that?
diddley wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 7:13am
What’s the quote function?
The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 9:59am

lol
Being able to quote every single damn post on a thread is one of the worst features of boards such as these.

The asshats that just sit there and re-quote every word written on a thread should take a long hard look at themselves.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Of course.

Good thread.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

On a side note... I do like the BigFooty feature that only quotes the last post you’re responding to.

On the OP, it’s an odd situation.

It’s not hard to follow what BM is responding to but it’s also a weird thing to have a bee in the bonnet about clicking one button

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

It's obvious which post he's referring to. It's the one he just read.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Maybe his quote button is broken/doesn’t work?

Just thinking outside the square.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I think a thread about football, St kilda, trades would be far more interesting than a thread about me?

The fascination with me is ridiculous, I mean who cares?

To the top, spinner and some others are absolutely obsessed with bringing me down, not sure why they bother

Because as I stated, I really don’t care... especially about their opinions.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

To quote or not to quote
That is the quotient factor

Seeya
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If he's not breaking any rules, then who gives a toss whether he quotes or not

It's like being pissed off at people because they choose to wear different clothes to you. Who cares?

It's his choice

You either want to read his opinions because you think he adds value or perhaps you'd be better off choosing to foe him and then you wouldn't need to get frustrated at his style

Special
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 12:00pm Maybe his quote button is broken/doesn’t work?

Just thinking outside the square.
That’s a good question.

Marto - is it broken?

Can we help fix it for you?

It must be related to his IP - as his previous reincarnations also has the same issue.