Has Carlisle Given Clavarino His Chance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Carlisle Given Clavarino His Chance

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 02 Aug 2020 8:00pm Poor form from Carlisle - but I would be risking the $250.00 to call Rampe out for his hitting [of King etc] and draw attention to it. [And it is a cheap one to make a stand and not be pushed over - especially after we rolled over on the Murphy issue]
Mnnn...
A conscious calculated risk?

Fair enough.
Carlisle must have some confidence, which is good to see.
1) he knows he is January Picture on the “wayward boy St Kilda calendar” already
2) he knows that the Scott brothers and big Nick really started this thing way back..
3) he knows he will he looked down upon but

Yes
Rampe does get called out a bit
Umpires will now know that King is getting picked on, as it were, and this does have an effect. So the gambit is, King being young, has more to gain, and thus St Kilda, than Carlisle has to lose?

Interesting but maybe right?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 12:09pm How do people like Wilson still have a job talking about sport? Why is she still ‘relevant’?
Wilson backed up by Hutchy what a pair of arse clowns

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Football fans are fickle.

It feels like Saints supporters have never really got around Jake, and the club possibly didn't help with the way the Murphy bruhaha was handled/perceived. But the bottom line is he is invested and waves the flag the ole fashioned way.

I've never got the chatter about possible trades. Ludicrous. Possibly the same knuckleheads that carry on about Hanners and Sebby. And talk about who was the first big fish landed, it was Jakey waaay before Hanners, so maybe Jake is a visionary too and could see the club was going places long before the short sighted crew ever did.

Happy he plays for us.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

It was the wrong thing to do, was never going to end well, everyone (including Jake) knows that.

If it was an opposition player doing it to one of ours most of you would be blowing up about it.

Cop the tiny fine, could have been worse, and move on, hopefully learning a lesson.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Even worse according to Caro, was that Jake did not give the ball back to the boundary umpire a few minutes later. Rub him out for life!

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 2:38pm Even worse according to Caro, was that Jake did not give the ball back to the boundary umpire a few minutes later. Rub him out for life!
Yes I saw that too. I have never done the stats, but I would imagine off the top off my head that most players do not give the ball back to the umpire.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 2:38pm Even worse according to Caro, was that Jake did not give the ball back to the boundary umpire a few minutes later. Rub him out for life!
He nearly had to kick it back from the crowd the ball was that far out of bounds.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 2:45pm
Yes I saw that too. I have never done the stats, but I would imagine off the top off my head that most players do not give the ball back to the umpire.
Rampe at about 9:30 to go in the first quarter. But he had a sore hand after belting Max King.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 3:13pm
saintsRrising wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 2:45pm
Rampe at about 9:30 to go in the first quarter. But he had a sore hand after belting Max King.
That's my issue with this whole thing
I didn't like what I saw Carlisle doing.
BUT where is the consistency in outrage? Rampe, with his injured hand, was caught on vision using that same ínjured' hand to punch Max King off the ball - probably learned how to do it from Barry Hall

Where is the outrage of the blatant dive Papley took to try and milk a free?
I

johnearljames
Club Player

Carlisle will keep doing silly things. Just who he is it seems. Like tossing the ball away from the boundary ump. Grow up Jake. Saints are better than that.
Last edited by johnearljames on Tue 04 Aug 2020 3:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It’s not an issue in anyone else’s mind except Caroline Wilson and....yours. He’s not obligated to hand the ball to the boundary umpire. When there is a stoppage, some players pick up the footy and hand it back to the ump and some players leave it on the ground

Speaking of players taking a dive...that reminds me of that softy ex-captain that plays for Carlton.

Carlisle had a go at Murphy and according to Carro, Jake made ‘misogynistic’ slurs. Therefore Carro can never forgive Jake and she’ll be seeking revenge at every opportunity on behalf of all women.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 3:29pm It’s not an issue in anyone else’s mind except Caroline Wilson and....yours. He’s not obligated to hand the ball to the boundary umpire. When there is a stoppage, some players pick up the footy and hand it back to the ump and some players leave it on the ground

Speaking of players taking a dive...that reminds me of that softy ex-captain that plays for Carlton.

Carlisle had a go at Murphy and according to Carro, Jake made ‘misogynistic’ slurs. Therefore Carro can never forgive Jake and she’ll be seeking revenge at every opportunity on behalf of all women.
f****** Caroline Wilson. Spare me. Her facial expression leaves one wondering if she continually is sucking on a lemon. Near the top of my ladder of hate fwiw. :evil:

And that fat f*** Hutchy runs a close second. :twisted:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 3:29pm It’s not an issue in anyone else’s mind except Caroline Wilson and....yours. He’s not obligated to hand the ball to the boundary umpire. When there is a stoppage, some players pick up the footy and hand it back to the ump and some players leave it on the ground

Got no issue with what Carlisle did would have been better if Ranpe had to stay off. Risk you take playing vulnerable players. Caro can get f***ed she’s caused more harm with her vile comments than anything Carslisles done.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 4:00pm

f****** Caroline Wilson. Spare me. Her facial expression leaves one wondering if she continually is sucking on a lemon. Near the top of my ladder of hate fwiw. :evil:

And that fat f*** Hutchy runs a close second. :twisted:
Does Hutchinson still write for the Herald Sun?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 12:49pm Football fans are fickle.

It feels like Saints supporters have never really got around Jake, and the club possibly didn't help with the way the Murphy bruhaha was handled/perceived. But the bottom line is he is invested and waves the flag the ole fashioned way.

I've never got the chatter about possible trades. Ludicrous. Possibly the same knuckleheads that carry on about Hanners and Sebby. And talk about who was the first big fish landed, it was Jakey waaay before Hanners, so maybe Jake is a visionary too and could see the club was going places long before the short sighted crew ever did.

Happy he plays for us.
As I seem to recall, at about the same time we recruited Carlisle he was exposed for white powder in Las Vegas. Plenty of us must have been thinking, oh no not another Lovet deadshit problem child from Essendon.

Jake is also a tad laconic, and often looks disinterested. Despite this, it was disgraceful the way the club failed to support him in the Murphy incident. In fact I reckon is was bad for player culture.

Personally, I like having Jake in the team, and love that he waves the flag old style. In fact I'd be delighted if he won the Norm Smith.

devil saint
Club Player

If you think Caroline Wilson was critical of Jake's behaviour on the weekend, have a look at last night's ep of On the Couch and see Rooey's.
I have never seen him more scathing. Roo also claimed that Membrey was yelling out to Carlisle to stop.
Definitely not a good look.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Jeez, talk about getting stuck into someone.

Very harsh if you ask me.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 10:25pm Jeez, talk about getting stuck into someone.

Not at all balanced. That swine prick was using that gloved hand to belt into A very young King. What a prick.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 10:30pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 10:25pm Jeez, talk about getting stuck into someone.

Not at all balanced. That swine prick was using that gloved hand to belt into A very young King. What a prick.
It doesn't seem that he connected, Jake that is.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 11:00pm

No. Didn't look like it, did it?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 11:03pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 11:00pm

No. Didn't look like it, did it?
Nope. Probably more of a bad look than anything.

The comment about not handing back the ball was risible. Many players do that so they have time to get back in position. Is she going to point those incidents out as well? Doubt it.

The whole segment sounded over the top and a little vindictive to me. It's not like he killed anyone. She really was on a mission. She's such a hypocrite.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

To me the kick that Jake half marked over the boundary was actually over the boundary - from the naked eye and the positioning of feet and bodies it looked well over

So Carlisle had every right to be disgusted that he didn't get the free kick for out on the full

Fk you ump ..... ball into boundary fence as we see many times during a game

Fk you Wilson for still not saying sorry to the players and club about getting it wrong re: a lying Duthie

Any chance she gets it's boot in like Rosa Klebb (Spectre no 3) in fact the resemblance is uncanny

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Mick jagger played the part ?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

looks like kenny

:P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Toy Saint wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 9:36pm
Jake is also a tad laconic, and often looks disinterested.
re: looking disinterested.
Looks can be deceiving?? .... Carlisle had a serious back injury.
The spirit may have been willing - but his back may have prevented him from going in 100% last year?