Satan and Gags' real test is looming large

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnearljames
Club Player

Re: Satan and Gags' real test is looming large

More names will start popping up soon.

Don't want to get into it just yet, but they are coming. I think many Saints fans will be very happy with one of them and its not Caldwell.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 3:14pm More names will start popping up soon.

Don't want to get into it just yet, but they are coming. I think many Saints fans will be very happy with one of them and its not Caldwell.
Shaun Higgins??? :wink:

johnearljames
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 3:15pm
johnearljames wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 3:14pm More names will start popping up soon.

Bit old Saynta.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 3:16pm

Bit old Saynta.
Jon Ralph doesn't seem to think so.

"Chiara
1:12 PM
St Kilda should target Shaun Higgins. What do you think? (edited)
1 reply
J
Jon Ralph
1:13 PM
Yep, I like that. Some pure silk running around at half forward. Wouldn't have to pay the world for him. They have cap space. And they have those guys like Lonie who are quality players but don't deliver every week. I think every Victorian club in the window should have a crack at him. you would get 40 great games out of him despite him coming up on 33 years of age"

And we are certainly "in the window". :wink:

johnearljames
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 3:20pm
johnearljames wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 3:16pm

Bit old Saynta.
Jon Ralph doesn't seem to think so.

"Chiara
1:12 PM
St Kilda should target Shaun Higgins. What do you think? (edited)
1 reply
J
Jon Ralph
1:13 PM
Yep, I like that. Some pure silk running around at half forward. Wouldn't have to pay the world for him. They have cap space. And they have those guys like Lonie who are quality players but don't deliver every week. I think every Victorian club in the window should have a crack at him. you would get 40 great games out of him despite him coming up on 33 years of age"

And we are certainly "in the window". :wink:
Might stifle the development of a kid though like Bytel or Byrnes. But if cheap and costs nothing then why not.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Source?

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Too old.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

After last years trading effort I have full faith in Gallagher/Lethlean/Allen to bring us what they believe we need.
Caldwell aside I reckon they've been plotting some moves for a while already and we wouldn't have a clue about them.
Who of us knew anything about Ryder, Howard, Hill, Butler, Abbott before the Trade Week?
Granted there was 'noise' around Hill prior, but he was the only one IIRC

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Please Ted / Flamingo / JEJ or whatever you want to go by can you please stop with the faux ITK stuff

If you want serious cred then name names rather than hiding behind a guess/hedge then saying I told you so if some random decent trade does eventuate ...... which %ers say its very likely to happen anyway.

"Don't want to get into it just yet" ....... maybe cause you have absolutely no idea??

No one is fooled my friend

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:14pm

Please Ted / Flamingo / JEJ or whatever you want to go by can you please stop with the faux ITK stuff

If you want serious cred then name names rather than hiding behind a guess/hedge then saying I told you so if some random decent trade does eventuate ...... which %ers say its very likely to happen anyway.

"Don't want to get into it just yet" ....... maybe cause you have absolutely no idea??

Ha ha ...is there a name for this disorder?
There should be some variation of narcissistic personality disorder that covers this sort of behaviour.

Any psychologists put there want to chip in?

Nee!
johnearljames
Club Player

Serious guys....no names.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:45pm Serious guys....no names.
Exactly :lol:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Still need more leg speed - and specifically centre bounce mids with leg speed. Is there a mid who is the equivalent of a Dan Butler out there ie a speedy mid who struggling to get a game ?

Jones was a great find, but other than Greah we don’t have anyone with breakaway speed at the contest. Byrnes perhaps but we won’t know for another 12 months .

Bytel promises to become an inside ball magnet and together with Caldwell could nicely compliment Steele and provide the succession plan for Ross.

Really interested to see who the list management team deliver .

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Narkle & Constable at Geelong would be not so costly Narkle has leg speed & knows where the goals are Constable is a ball magnet who also knows where the goals are!

PADDLEPOP1000
Munga
Saintsational Legend

No names of course. How many are nomintaing us? And how many will be starting 22 for us? Cheers

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

He’s one of the 4 North won’t trade. I’d love him at the Saints tho. Deceptively tough and the classiest of ball users

Go you red, black & white warriors
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 4:23pm
Simple answer yes.

Caldwell will cost us our first round draft pick...maybe with a third rounder coming back to us.

Williams is off to the Roos and Crouch is a potato
Correction Williams to blues is the news

SaintPelican66
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:58pm They must land at least one of the big FA's this year if we are going to take the next step.

A dream result IMHO would be to gain Zak Williams and Crouch as Free Agents and somehow get Caldwell without using our FRDP.

Am I dreaming?
Simple answer yes.

Caldwell will cost us our first round draft pick...maybe with a third rounder coming back to us.

You can call Brad Crouch a potato as many times as you like. It still doesn't make him one. Unless of course you can prove it with stats. If we got him as FA I would be very happy. Then we could trade our first pick for Caldwell. Happy days.

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 1:40am
SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:58pm They must land at least one of the big FA's this year if we are going to take the next step.

A dream result IMHO would be to gain Zak Williams and Crouch as Free Agents and somehow get Caldwell without using our FRDP.

Am I dreaming?
Simple answer yes.

You can call Brad Crouch a potato as many times as you like. It still doesn't make him one. Unless of course you can prove it with stats. If we got him as FA I would be very happy. Then we could trade our first pick for Caldwell. Happy days.
If we get a potato as a free agent, I have to accept it.
Unless I am willing to change the club I support and that ain't going to happen.
A case of que sera sera, whatever will be will be (Doris Day).
The club will do what the club will do.

But if it isn't good, I will be very cross.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Ted won't 'name names' because...

A. Exposing them on a tiny internet forum might derail the whole million dollar deal

or

B. Ted is just talking out his a$$ and trolling again...

Cast your vote!

:lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 10:28pm Narkle & Constable at Geelong would be not so costly Narkle has leg speed & knows where the goals are Constable is a ball magnet who also knows where the goals are!
I think Narkle is bound for Qld.

johnearljames
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 10:25am
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 10:28pm Narkle & Constable at Geelong would be not so costly Narkle has leg speed & knows where the goals are Constable is a ball magnet who also knows where the goals are!
Narkle has a funny haircut but can play.

Cockatoo is going to Brisbane apparantly.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

A

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:25pm
Devilhead wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:14pm

Ha ha ...is there a name for this disorder?
There should be some variation of narcissistic personality disorder that covers this sort of behaviour.

Any psychologists put there want to chip in?
It's generally referred to as "relevance deprivation disorder". Tends to happen to faded stars as they slip out of the limelight and out of the public consciousness.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 12:39pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 10:25am
Narkle has a funny haircut but can play.

Cockatoo is going to Brisbane apparantly.
yep.