What I hate more about this year!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: What I hate more about this year!

SaintPav wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 6:33pm Is the story that Petracca intentionally torpedoed his Saints interview true or is it an urban myth?
Probably Trout and co covering their arse for the f***-up and just looking for excuses

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

What I hate more about this year is what happened last year - or to be more precise - what happened with one minute to go in the elimination final last year. The following week we played Richmond. My view at the time was that whoever beat Richmond would win the flag. Unlike our poor performance last week, our performance against Richmond in the semi was not poor. In fact, at three quarter time we had outplayed them but they had taken their chances and we had not (we kicked 2.5 in the third quarter which should have been 5.2 while they kicked 1.3). Our fate was sealed with one minute to go in the previous match.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 10:34pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 6:33pm Is the story that Petracca intentionally torpedoed his Saints interview true or is it an urban myth?
It's quite well known that Petracca and especially his old man were major league arrogant aresholes all through junior football. And there is merit in the 'no arsehole' policy. Even if St Kilda deliberately chose to bypass Petracca the choice of Paddy was probably a mistake. Selecting a guy with his health issues was a massive risk, and his body shape does not lend itself to the modern game.
McCartin could still make a fine AFL footballer,... with someone else..

saynta
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Wed 21 Apr 2021 9:19am What I hate more about this year is what happened last year - or to be more precise - what happened with one minute to go in the elimination final last year. The following week we played Richmond. My view at the time was that whoever beat Richmond would win the flag. Unlike our poor performance last week, our performance against Richmond in the semi was not poor. In fact, at three quarter time we had outplayed them but they had taken their chances and we had not (we kicked 2.5 in the third quarter which should have been 5.2 while they kicked 1.3). Our fate was sealed with one minute to go in the previous match.
So true.

MickThomas
Club Player

perfectionist wrote: Wed 21 Apr 2021 9:19am What I hate more about this year is what happened last year - or to be more precise - what happened with one minute to go in the elimination final last year. The following week we played Richmond. My view at the time was that whoever beat Richmond would win the flag. Unlike our poor performance last week, our performance against Richmond in the semi was not poor. In fact, at three quarter time we had outplayed them but they had taken their chances and we had not (we kicked 2.5 in the third quarter which should have been 5.2 while they kicked 1.3). Our fate was sealed with one minute to go in the previous match.
I really don't understand.
We let the Doggies outplay us for the whole last qtr.
We shut up shop and stopped doing what it was that had us on top, or somehow we allowed them to come back.
But the final minute?
What's that about?
It's the entire last qtr

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Wed 21 Apr 2021 9:12pm
I really don't understand.
We let the Doggies outplay us for the whole last qtr.
We shut up shop and stopped doing what it was that had us on top, or somehow we allowed them to come back.
But the final minute?
What's that about?
It's the entire last qtr
Perhaps the reference is to the Ryder injury.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.