Good Bye Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Good Bye Billings

CURLY wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 12:49am
bangaulegend wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 12:45am I think the body language from the group as a whole tonight looked really poor from the start like they didn't want to be there & I think Carlton sensed that and upped the anti & we couldn't go with them hence if you don't come to play you lose IMO
Don’t think that’s true. Some like Connelly seemed almost over confident. Others though looked leg heavy. So many kicks scrubbed along the ground a sure sign of a leg tired player.
So you think they were switched on from the start ? I think that's just how Connolly plays takes the game on no matter what. I can't say it always works but he is still learning but at least having a crack

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 30 Jul 2021 8:02pm Are you still believing what you read?

Billings has dropped his price now?

How the f*** would anyone know that!!!
I rang Rob Harvey he told me
How the **** does anyone know anything on a footy forum ffs
Not this tripe again ...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 30 Jul 2021 8:18pm
Teflon wrote: Fri 30 Jul 2021 7:56pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 30 Jul 2021 7:51pm
Teflon wrote: Fri 30 Jul 2021 7:50pm
B.M wrote: Fri 30 Jul 2021 6:35pm And you think pick 20 is ‘more’???
That depends what I do with it
But I do think
What do you do with it?
I’d throw it in the bin abs wait for JB to add to that list of tear apart games you still haven’t provided
But alas we move on
I’ve suggested multiple thoughts this thread time to let others think other than “he’s a good , honest B Grader we should keep him”
Those people will be the same ones wondering why the list doesn’t improve cause we never want to let anyone go...
Anyhoo Billings appears to have dropped his price is what I read and do he should he’s nowhere near 600 a year and in time I won’t be surprised if Byrnes or Connolly go past him on his current trajectory
I only asked a question ABS, no answer. You got your answer but refuse to acknowledge it. Pretty rude in my opinion to bang on about something you refused to read as if I did not answer you cos I know you deserve to be answered.

Anywho.
My answer ????
List his match winning games?????
Perhaps don’t put tonight’s down though...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 12:47am To be fair to Billings who is out best kick. Two clear times tonight he ran perfectly to receive a handball off a team mate who was under pressure and they burnt him. Billing’s had plenty of grass in front of him was on his left and the player just shanked it forward instead. Those incidents are what shows up on TV and so clear it was revealing.
He is not our best kick that’s a myth
He kicks dinky passes backwards and rarely cuts a side apart with footskills let’s stop pretending

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

After tonight do we really care one way or another. So what if he goes, so what if he stays.

realdeal
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 2:06am After tonight do we really care one way or another. So what if he goes, so what if he stays.
Sad but true...its not even about the compensation anymore, with Billinfs, its about the salary we can spend elsewhere...
😬😫🤬🤔

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

He finally lost me with this game. Move him on

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It’ll be a good riddance from me. I’ve grown tired in waiting for him to start hitting his strides.

He’ll go down in history as the guy the Saints drafted and overlooked Bontempelli for 😞

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 1:45am
CURLY wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 12:47am To be fair to Billings who is out best kick. Two clear times tonight he ran perfectly to receive a handball off a team mate who was under pressure and they burnt him. Billing’s had plenty of grass in front of him was on his left and the player just shanked it forward instead. Those incidents are what shows up on TV and so clear it was revealing.
He kicks dinky passes backwards and rarely cuts a side apart with footskills let’s stop pretending
He is still our best kick.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I doubt you know Robert Harvey

And I doubt he knows the details of Billings contract or contract negotiations- like yo don’t

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 8:22am
He very rarely bites off a damaging kick through corridor and misses far too many easy shots on goal. He generally does use it well if he has a forward leading at him, but his weakness in front of goal are a momentum killer.

His career stats reflect that -
home 53 goals & 55 behinds
away 49 goals to 59 behinds

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hi
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 4:12pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 8:22am
He very rarely bites off a damaging kick through corridor and misses far too many easy shots on goal. He generally does use it well if he has a forward leading at him, but his weakness in front of goal are a momentum killer.

His career stats reflect that -
home 53 goals & 55 behinds
away 49 goals to 59 behinds
Thank you
Best kick needs to be damaging
He’s not
Connolly bar last night looks more dangerous with ball in hand
He’s cooked Jack
Nice little player very safe will get 30 and you won’t even know he’s playing
A better version of vanilla Seb Ross and we have too many of this type

“Yeah….nah””
Club Player

Billings our best kick????? -- if that is so then we are well and truly f....d! That so many still make this claim is simply wishing we had picked a better player, one with skills and composure who could step up on the odd occasion (even regularly) to be the difference. Which top team would play Billings- not the dogs (who would he displace), not Geelong nor even Brisbane. He has had enough chances to develop into ---- an ordinary player getting a game in a bottom team!

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike