The 'St Kilda Trap'.. be carefl Sydney...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: The 'St Kilda Trap'.. be carefl Sydney...

Cheating is in their DNA. Salary cap cheating, drug cheating, trying to stitch up other clubs in trades. They know no other way

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 7:34pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 4:14pm Goddard is a flog and always has been. He over rated himself as a player and priced himself out of the club and the Dopers were stupid enough to pay him what he wanted. There would be no slow HBF on the $$$ he was asking even now. I never liked his blame everyone else attitude as a player and like him even less now. Chips Fisher should have been on more than Goddard, but Goddard thought he was entitled to the same as Riewoldt. Pelchen made him an offer he didnt like and has held a grudge against our club ever since.
I never liked his blame everyone else attitude

So...where do you think BJ learnt that? It was ok for his coach. It was ok for his captain

Players (i.e. individuals) more interested in themselves and a little extra cash rather than team success and getting that elusive second premiership for the club. Some of the player leadership were selfish and pretended to be ignorant of the TPP and salary cap rules.

The St Kilda football club was desperately in need of a leader to help everyone refocus. The leaders in the footy department and the board were negligent and incompetent.

Lenny Hayes should have been appointed as captain in 2012..and probably earlier
Mr Magic wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 4:24pm
I loved BJ when he played for us.
I was blinded to any of his faults until he became an Essendope player.

I loved Luke Ball when he played for us. I despise the way he engineered his way out of our Club to Colonwood.
And you probably loved the messiah Lyon who started the rot at our footy club be teaching his players that it's ok to be ruthless in your pursuit of winning. Don't worry if your mates and an ex club captain and a few injured players are discarded and delisted so that you can enjoy personal success. What a role model! What a fantastic culture!
Good to see you haven’t lost your soapbox.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 7:49pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 4:14pm Goddard is a flog and always has been. He over rated himself as a player and priced himself out of the club and the Dopers were stupid enough to pay him what he wanted. There would be no slow HBF on the $$$ he was asking even now. I never liked his blame everyone else attitude as a player and like him even less now. Chips Fisher should have been on more than Goddard, but Goddard thought he was entitled to the same as Riewoldt. Pelchen made him an offer he didnt like and has held a grudge against our club ever since.

So...where do you think BJ learnt that? It was ok for his coach. It was ok for his captain

Players (i.e. individuals) more interested in themselves and a little extra cash rather than team success and getting that elusive second premiership for the club. Some of the player leadership were selfish and pretended to be ignorant of the TPP and salary cap rules.

The St Kilda football club was desperately in need of a leader to help everyone refocus. The leaders in the footy department and the board were negligent and incompetent.

I loved Luke Ball when he played for us. I despise the way he engineered his way out of our Club to Colonwood.
And you probably loved the messiah Lyon who started the rot at our footy club be teaching his players that it's ok to be ruthless in your pursuit of winning. Don't worry if your mates and an ex club captain and a few injured players are discarded and delisted so that you can enjoy personal success. What a role model! What a fantastic culture!
Yes mate.

Food for thought for the 'In Ross we Trust' disciples.... It's uncomfortable isn't it?

I'm relentless when it comes to balancing out the bias and mythology that was generated in the mainstream media and that I encountered when first joining this forum

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 8:46pm
Mr Magic wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 7:49pm

Yes mate.

Food for thought for the 'In Ross we Trust' disciples.... It's uncomfortable isn't it?

I'm relentless when it comes to balancing out the bias and mythology that was generated in the mainstream media and that I encountered when first joining this forum
Glad someone appointed you to be the arbiter of bias and mythology

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

No problem. Maybe I should listen to all the media voices....and then make my mind up what to think like the rest of the population

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:03pm No problem. Maybe I should listen to all the media voices....and then make my mind up what to think like the rest of the population
No stay the course.
It’s worked so well for you so far.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Geez it doesn’t take long for some supporters to turn on one of our club greats!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:35pm Geez it doesn’t take long for some supporters to turn on one of our club greats!
Scollop?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

if i was running it :P

Lenny would have been captain
Nick our franchise beast
Kosi the 'main man' up forward

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:38pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:35pm Geez it doesn’t take long for some supporters to turn on one of our club greats!
Scollop?
That’s it…just brush off the remark

You turn on club greats like BJ and a former captain of the club in Luke Ball. They gave their all for our club and they were let down by an incompetent and weak board and management that allowed Ross Lyon to tear down the fabric of our great team. A team of young men and future leaders that was built long before he set foot at our club.

Lyon and the board of directors and the CEO basically led us down the toilet. Lyon’s penchant for focussing on his stars also led to the salary cap issues. If he played more of the youngsters, perhaps some of the senior players wouldn’t have thought they were so irreplaceable and wouldn’t have demanded what they did

Ross Lyon publicly humiliated Ball in the media during 2009. Ross was the catalyst for his exodus and everyone knows it. He talked him down and the club backed their coach. ‘In Ross we Trust’. Lyon is the reason that Luke Ball went to Collingwood.

But I suppose you (and others who pined for Rossy boy to come back to St Kilda) had forgiven Rossy for all his faults… and all his scapegoating of players. Ross said it was the ‘end of an era’ when some of our superstars were still only 27 or 28. A winning culture suddenly became a defeatist culture!!

Lyon to his players: “You are not good enough”

The sheep and the dumb St Kilda supporters that drank the Lyon branded cool-aid: “Ok, we better start rebuilding then”

Rossy told the players they were all washed up in 2011 (once he’d landed his plum job at Freo). I mean, jeeeezz… If Ross says it and if the media says it’s true…it must be! His disciples were so mesmerised by the super coach that whatever words he spoke were never questioned. You don’t ‘despise’ the way he scarred them like that and you forgave him for that didn’t you?!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 7:52am
Scollop?

You turn on club greats like BJ and a former captain of the club in Luke Ball. They gave their all for our club and they were let down by an incompetent and weak board and management that allowed Ross Lyon to tear down the fabric of our great team. A team of young men and future leaders that was built long before he set foot at our club.

Lyon and the board of directors and the CEO basically led us down the toilet. Lyon’s penchant for focussing on his stars also led to the salary cap issues. If he played more of the youngsters, perhaps some of the senior players wouldn’t have thought they were so irreplaceable and wouldn’t have demanded what they did

Ross Lyon publicly humiliated Ball in the media during 2009. Ross was the catalyst for his exodus and everyone knows it. He talked him down and the club backed their coach. ‘In Ross we Trust’. Lyon is the reason that Luke Ball went to Collingwood.

But I suppose you (and others who pined for Rossy boy to come back to St Kilda) had forgiven Rossy for all his faults… and all his scapegoating of players. Ross said it was the ‘end of an era’ when some of our superstars were still only 27 or 28. A winning culture suddenly became a defeatist culture!!

The sheep and the dumb St Kilda supporters that drank the Lyon branded cool-aid: “Ok, we better start rebuilding then”

Rossy told the players they were all washed up in 2011 (once he’d landed his plum job at Freo). I mean, jeeeezz… If Ross says it and if the media says it’s true…it must be! His disciples were so mesmerised by the super coach that whatever words he spoke were never questioned. You don’t ‘despise’ the way he scarred them like that and you forgave him for that didn’t you?!
You seem obsessed.
You do know this is a Football Forum where people are allowed to express opinions?
Even opinions you don’t agree with.
No matter how shrill your posts become you’re unlikely to sway posters into agreeing with your opinion even if you believe your opinion is superior to theirs.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks captain obvious. Got anything original to add.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 9:58am Thanks captain obvious. Got anything original to add.
I think that is the irony in the kernel of MMs point, time to drop the bone and move on don't you think. Just let it go. Be at peace and one with the now and the future. Time to turn up the sound and listen to what the world is saying.

Grow your hair long if it gets you in the mood.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

nicely articulated
8-)

whats going on , in deed.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 10:46am

nicely articulated
8-)

A wise man once said: there's a difference between scratching ya bum and tearing shreads from it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 4:14pm Goddard is a flog and always has been. He over rated himself as a player and priced himself out of the club and the Dopers were stupid enough to pay him what he wanted. There would be no slow HBF on the $$$ he was asking even now. I never liked his blame everyone else attitude as a player and like him even less now.

If he had any idea about the game he would be highlighting, the reason we under performed this year were injuries/fitness. God I hope Eeendon fall flat on their face next year and karma bites him on the arse!

I loved Nicky Dal when he played for us. I don't begrudge him going to NM. He never did/said anything that was disrespectful of/to St Kilda.
Of the three, Dal is the only one who would be welcome back at the club. Coaching the girls now too.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 5:56pm

If he had any idea about the game he would be highlighting, the reason we under performed this year were injuries/fitness. God I hope Eeendon fall flat on their face next year and karma bites him on the arse!
Goddard was a top performer in GF's, where cream rises to the top!
Pelchen was either sent to stuff us up or is a moron.
If Riewoldt had've performed to BJ's standards in GF's we would now have 3 flags and a statue of him, Lenny and BJ.
Sent in to look after his mates at Hawthorn . And he certainly did.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

So true, and it really hurts and sucks, even to this day.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 9:05am
Scollop?

You seem obsessed.
You do know this is a Football Forum where people are allowed to express opinions?
No matter how shrill your posts become you’re unlikely to sway posters into agreeing with your opinion even if you believe your opinion is superior to theirs.
Love your posts Mr M, but there is more than a bit of truth in what Scollop has posted about that turd Lyin and as that say, the truth hurts. Time to accept a little bit of what everyone says about that see you...

And for the record I think for myself and my views are my own. Not easily swayed by anyone.

Lyin lost me long before he walked out on the club. His treatment of Ball and Maxy was unforgivable as was his blatant throwing of the match against Sydney .

Just a very nasty and unlikable person imhfo.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 10:38am
Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 9:58am Thanks captain obvious. Got anything original to add.
I think that is the irony in the kernel of MMs point, time to drop the bone and move on don't you think. Just let it go. Be at peace and one with the now and the future. Time to turn up the sound and listen to what the world is saying.

I can't get mine cut so I have no choice at the moment. 8-)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 12:29pm
Scollop?

You seem obsessed.
Love your posts Mr M, but there is more than a bit of truth in what Scollop has posted about that turd Lyin and as that say, the truth hurts. Time to accept a little bit of what everyone says about that see you...

And for the record I think for myself and my views are my own. Not easily swayed by anyone.

Lyin lost me long before he walked out on the club. His treatment of Ball and Maxy was unforgivable as was his blatant throwing of the match against Sydney .

No problem Saynta.
I find it interesting that I never raised Lyon at all in this thread. My comments were strictly about Goddard, Ball and Dal. I criticized Ball for the way he and his management engineered his move to Colonwood.

Scollop, in his usual inimitable style, has ascribed thoughts/feelings to me that were never posted and has taken umbrage at my never expressed 'thoughts on that.
Talk about a convoluted way to get outraged.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... in his usual inimitable style, has ascribed thoughts/feelings to me that were never posted and has taken umbrage at my never expressed 'thoughts on that.
thats a good read
... reminds me of how the old man 'n his clone son
used to come at me

:lol: straight to the outrage
before the discussion started

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 10:46am

nicely articulated
8-)

Steve Kilbey lyric,

'Cut my losses, grow my hair, see some antic take me there'

Typical wishy-washy, but very poshy!

But wait...I thought it was 'antic' for thirty years...turns out it is 'man'...

Typical me!! F$$%k

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 5:56pm

Goddard was a top performer in GF's, where cream rises to the top!
Pelchen was either sent to stuff us up or is a moron.
If Riewoldt had've performed to BJ's standards in GF's we would now have 3 flags and a statue of him, Lenny and BJ.
Agree but I still cant get past how BJ holds such a grudge against a club he played 205 games for. Pelchen is well gone and anyone involved in his dealings would also be well gone. I can understand he felt let down at the time, but its nearly a decade ago? Move on BJ...

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 1:01pm
saynta wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 12:29pm
Scollop?

You seem obsessed.

No problem Saynta.
I find it interesting that I never raised Lyon at all in this thread. My comments were strictly about Goddard, Ball and Dal. I criticized Ball for the way he and his management engineered his move to Colonwood.

Scollop, in his usual inimitable style, has ascribed thoughts/feelings to me that were never posted and has taken umbrage at my never expressed 'thoughts on that.
Talk about a convoluted way to get outraged.
Just a few quick question MM. You have publicly bagged BJ and Ball, so how about you come clean on Ross

What are your feelings in regard to his overall time with us and his legacy at our football club? Would you have Ross Lyon back at St Kilda?

Who would you consider to be more of a 'St Kilda' icon; BJ Goddard or R Lyon?

Would you have BJ and Ball back? Who's word would you trust more; Lyon's or Luke Ball's?

Don't you find it ironic that some people respect Ross for taking the best offer and more money (to look after his family) and yet they bag Luke Ball for doing exactly the same thing?

Yes MM, I have outrage, but it's only aimed at Lyon and not at people who have a different opinion to mine.

Happy to hear opinions of others. I don't think enough people realise that Ross Lyon mentally scarred his players and kept finding excuses for himself by implying (on several occasions throughout 2011 but also in post match press conferences including in the 2009 GF) that St Kilda players were not good enough.