Bevo...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bevo...

No sympathy for grubs like Browne. Got what he deserved.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:52pm No sympathy for grubs like Browne. Got what he deserved.
But how about Tom Morris?

lol

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sanctorum
Club Player

I'm not a fan of Tom Morris, nor of most of the journos/commentators that work in the AFL industry and wish that FoxFooty would replace Garry Lyon, Jonathan Brown, Mark Robinson in particular with some fresh faces.

I like Bevo and was really disappointed when he was appointed coach of the Dogs instead of our footy club, that premiership trophy he won in 2016 could well have been in the Linton Street cabinet by now.

But irrespective of my distastes for the media I think that Luke Beveridge made a huge error of judgment in his tirade after the game last night, did he not realise that his actions would become a massive story that blows all the other news off the front pages, and be a considerable and unwanted distraction for himself, his players and his footy club?

You can bet your bottom dollar that the AFL is going to come down on him with a ton of bricks and he risks not only being fined but have the ignominy of being forced to make a grovelling apology. Some on this forum will disagree with this but like the new rule relating to over-dissension by players with umpires' decisions, the AFL is within its rights to take steps to "protect the image and integrity of the game", in fact is duty bound to do so!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:54pm
CURLY wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:52pm No sympathy for grubs like Browne. Got what he deserved.

lol
Yep as I said grubs like Browne. Morris is a little follower of that grub.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I just wonder what Bevo makes of Bulldogs Board Member and AFL Media journalist, Luke Darcy?
All journos barrack for a team. Does that mean all of them have a conflict of interest.

Seriously unwarranted and unhinged rant by Bevo despite what I think of Tom Morris and his ilk.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I watched the video of it. Good on him for standing up for himself and his club and skewering the carefully managed AFL political speak.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:01pm I just wonder what Bevo makes of Bulldogs Board Member and AFL Media journalist, Luke Darcy?
All journos barrack for a team. Does that mean all of them have a conflict of interest.

Seriously unwarranted and unhinged rant by Bevo despite what I think of Tom Morris and his ilk.
LLs,
With respect, what do you think he thinks of Luke Darcy?
He respects him...obviously, and we both know he does respect Luke Darcy.

What is wrong with us? Nothing.
We are a gang of hungry animals..and we love the smell of blood, that's all.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Good on Bevo.

The media always squeal like stuck pigs when someone has a crack at them....meanwhile they go about their business digging up dirt and calling it news.

f*** the lot of them.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:37pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:01pm I just wonder what Bevo makes of Bulldogs Board Member and AFL Media journalist, Luke Darcy?

LLs,

If he doesn't think Darcy has a conflict of interest then Bevo is a hypocrite.

The funniest part for me was when Bevo tried to kick Morris out like he has the power of a bouncer at a club.
Bevo doubled down on the personal stuff after that.

Again, completely unwarranted and unhinged rant from Bevo...And now we're all talking about it instead of the game itself.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The source of the leak?
Hypothetical:
If I was a good mate of Lachie Hunter and Hunter told me he was shitty about not being in the 22, I would 💯 send Tom Morris a DM and tell him. Light the match, stand back n watch it burn 🙊🙉🤣

I got in trouble at work for criticizing certain baffling procedures, on a national forum (sort of like this one)
The forum is accessible only by employees of the company, and is part of the official app that we all use for things like electronic time clock, our rosters, uploading our Covid certs, etc.

I got in strife for airing issues, and really, each post got dozens of 'likes' but the bosses told me off for it.

I reckon Hunter unhappy, in the the same way Dunstan was salty with us.
So I reckon Hunter's family or friends did the white-anting, knowing Bevo would hammer Brown. So predictable

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Seemed like smoke & mirrors to me. Surely it was about something else because if it was about two correct stories on team selection, the journo has no case to answer.

Must be more to it OR Bevo chose that moment to end the presser without having to answer a question he did not wish asked.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 1:19pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:54pm

lol
Yep as I said grubs like Browne. Morris is a little follower of that grub.
Nice try Curly, nearly dug yourself out. 'A' for effort.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:32pm Seemed like smoke & mirrors to me. Surely it was about something else because if it was about two correct stories on team selection, the journo has no case to answer.

Must be more to it OR Bevo chose that moment to end the presser without having to answer a question he did not wish asked.
You're probably right. It was just refreshing to see the carefully managed robotic pressers full of straight bat opaque defence derailed by someone's passionate gut response, however emotive the source of his anger.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

st.byron wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:41pm
Ghost Like wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:32pm Seemed like smoke & mirrors to me. Surely it was about something else because if it was about two correct stories on team selection, the journo has no case to answer.

You're probably right. It was just refreshing to see the carefully managed robotic pressers full of straight bat opaque defence derailed by someone's passionate gut response, however emotive the source of his anger.
Yes, but Fox Footy has put at least 6 posts on FB.
SEN as well, Ch9 Tony Jones, Kane Cornes, etc.

It's given Fox Footy a lot of extra air time that they would never have had.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

There hasn't been a more polarising incident in a long time.

The post match press conferences should be encouraged to be a bit looser than they are. This is a good start.

Slag off the umps, slag off the journos, slag off the opposition..... give it and take it.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:45pm
st.byron wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:41pm

Yes, but Fox Footy has put at least 6 posts on FB.
SEN as well, Ch9 Tony Jones, Kane Cornes, etc.

It's given Fox Footy a lot of extra air time that they would never have had.
Yeah a downside. Whichever journo was the subject of the vitriol, it would attract more attention to them.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I'm all for press events to be looser, people speaking there mind etc, but you gotta pick your battle Bevo!

"You're a POS because you accurately reported information leaked from someone at my club!"

That's a 10-8 round to the journo every time, Bevo doesn't have a leg to stand on in this case.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Let me ask those supporting Beveridge, what do you think of the way Trump abused certain reporters, because there is absolutely no difference.

It is not showing “passion” it is abuse pure and simple. If the club had a problem with the Morris story surely a call could be made to Fox or him or both to sort it out

Instead Beveridge did what he did, he bullied and abused , just as Trump does

Completely classless

And by the way it is completely irrelevant what you think of Tom Morris , NO ONE deserves to be treated that way for doing their job

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Not overly a huge fan of Morris but he is a journo and it's his job to dig and find things that nearly all if not all of you will go and read.

Bevo's outburst was a shocking look ..... having a go at someone for doing their job and in all respects was close to spot on .... which was confirmed by Bevo

Bulldogs and Bevo must be in serious serious trouble if they can be unsettled by a rather innocuous story about a player missing out on team selection

If Bevo thinks his little tirade is going to stop journos from digging he ain't too smart in fact it may only embolden them now in support of Morris ..... its their livelihood ..... like it or not

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:01pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:37pm

LLs,

If he doesn't think Darcy has a conflict of interest then Bevo is a hypocrite.

The funniest part for me was when Bevo tried to kick Morris out like he has the power of a bouncer at a club.

Again, completely unwarranted and unhinged rant from Bevo...And now we're all talking about it instead of the game itself.
Of course Bevo knows Darcy has a conflict of interest. And you know, he knows it!
See what's happening here?

We all know the deal...

Completely unwarranted.?...well, righteously, right of you to say so! I say respectfully.
unringed rant - yes, indeed.

It is funny that Bevo lost it? And it was an enjoyable spectacle that we have to talk about? Who are the hypocrites? Us!
I don't think it is about Bevo actually, it is just about us..and the matrix life we live..a clash of frames. We need a different language. English has no vocabulary for when you speak 'company talk'..we use the same words...Maybe, one day, we'll actually have different verbs and nouns so that there can be no doubt, and no excuse for being taken out of context.

Just like Wellard said, he get's in trouble for mentioning something on a company forum.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 4:10pm I'm all for press events to be looser, people speaking there mind etc, but you gotta pick your battle Bevo!

"You're a POS because you accurately reported information leaked from someone at my club!"

That's a 10-8 round to the journo every time, Bevo doesn't have a leg to stand on in this case.

There is far more to it and Morris knows it.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

They have to drag Bevo across the coals for this, otherwise every coach can just decide after a bad loss I am not going to face the press and storm out.
He wants the huge bucks and prestige that come with being an AFL coach then accept the press scrutiny that goes along with it.
I really get annoyed by people that cry foul when the press go after them yet wallow in the limelight when it suits.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: If he doesn't think Darcy has a conflict of interest then Bevo is a hypocrite.

Bevo - Leave now .... get out of the presser

Morris - Errr Bevo ..... its the Official AFL Match presser .... I am allowed to be here ...... I ain't leaving

Bevo - errr ... it's what ..... ummm ... it's what ..... yeah okay

:lol: :lol:

Hilarious .... he looked like a totally fool

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:54pm Good on Bevo.

The media always squeal like stuck pigs when someone has a crack at them....meanwhile they go about their business digging up dirt and calling it news.

f*** the lot of them.
Yep. You get my vote for post of the week, if not the month. :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 4:16pm Let me ask those supporting Beveridge, what do you think of the way Trump abused certain reporters, because there is absolutely no difference.

It is not showing “passion” it is abuse pure and simple. If the club had a problem with the Morris story surely a call could be made to Fox or him or both to sort it out

Instead Beveridge did what he did, he bullied and abused , just as Trump does

Completely classless

And by the way it is completely irrelevant what you think of Tom Morris , NO ONE deserves to be treated that way for doing their job
:roll: :roll:

Huge difference. Trump is/was an absolute see you next tuesday.

Bevo is an ex saints player and therefore one of the good guys. :wink: :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:12pm, edited 1 time in total.