Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Montsaint

Re: Changes for next week

I was wondering if We have Ryder and Marshall run the ruck do play Hayes as like a Bont in centre with Bytel. Or have Hayes like a 3 tall at chf rotating with Marshall at CHF and Hayes doing forward rucking and drop one small forward. I would like to see Windhager in this kid can tackle.
I am not sure we’re Sharman fits.

Saints58
Club Player

I would also drop Kent I like his physical side of the game but he needs more then that. Also I would drop Battle.
Also I would bring in Leinert he is a experienced Back and is a booming kick that can open up other teams zones.
Battle was a no show last night and I really think Higgins, Butler should be on last chances we need to make a statement with selection it might make the players more accountable what can it hurt and we might find a player.
Bring in maybe Connolly or Bytel if fit put pressure on the players in the team to preform.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Outs: Ross, Byrnes and Butler

Ins: Connolly, Bytel, Sharman

Give Owens one more week, it wouldn’t be doing him any favours to drop after one game.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

In: Bytel, Connolly, Sharman, NWM, Windhager

Out: Owens, Kent, DMac, Ross, Butler

Give Byrnes one more game

B: Webster Howard Wilkie
HB: Hill Battle Paton
C: NWM Steele Sinclair
HF: Membrey Hayes Gresham
F: Sharman King Higgins
R: Marshall, Crouch, Byrnes
I-C: Connolly, Bytel, Wndhager, Wood

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
ace
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 10:26am I thought Jones was out for personal reasons (mental health?).
Don't know these circumstances but it seems to be code for screwed up family relationship and trying to deal with the nuclear fallout.
Other possibility major family health issue.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If we'd thrown Owens to the wolves in round one why would we throw Windhager to them in round two?

Ross was actually okay. He had 19 touches and was one of our few good players in the first half. McKenzie wasn't too bad either. If it's Ross or Bytel at the moment, I choose Ross with his higher workrate.

I agree in giving Byrnes another game .He had a diabolical game last night. By far his worst

For me it's Kent and Owens for Sharman and Connolly

Peanut Farm
Club Player

I'd drop Ratten. Disgraceful selections. As soon as I saw the team, I knew we would lose.

Also, anyone who plays the mental health card, get rid of them. What is wrong with the modern footballer? Bunch of softies.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Dropping Ross

Keeping Byrnes (who was putrid)
And
Owens (out of his depth)

Yep that makes sense?! Integrity in selection right there!!!

Bringing in Bytel, Sharman, Windhager and Connolly

NONE of which are proven at AFL level

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea

saintbob
SS Life Member

B.M wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 9:14pm Dropping Ross

And
Owens (out of his depth)

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea
So we just keep playing plodders like Ross, rather than getting game time into kids that may have a future.

No wonder this club is f***ed!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 19 Mar 2022 5:49pm If we'd thrown Owens to the wolves in round one why would we throw Windhager to them in round two?

Ross was actually okay. He had 19 touches and was one of our few good players in the first half. McKenzie wasn't too bad either. If it's Ross or Bytel at the moment, I choose Ross with his higher workrate.

I agree in giving Byrnes another game .He had a diabolical game last night. By far his worst

For me it's Kent and Owens for Sharman and Connolly
Good post. :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:05am

And
Owens (out of his depth)

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea
So we just keep playing plodders like Ross, rather than getting game time into kids that may have a future.

Ross had a good first half, not so hot in the second half when he spent time on the bench. Plodder
? Rubbish. Did you actually watch the game?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Anyone know where I can find a club updated injury list?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:34am Anyone know where I can find a club updated injury list?
I suspect the closest will come on the AFL site around Tuesday bc.

lloyd21
Club Player

With absolute respect Sharman was 1st month of this pre season was the guy they put a lot of work in this year with King.

Then it all changed they were playing him at half back in match simulation, with some ruck work.

Wood being used as a wingman …another square peg in round hole last month , similar to the fixation of Battle on a wing
last year…

Bolt from the blue with Kent selection, Long trained really hard this summer in great shape, mysterious team
selection …plaguing team ..

Bytel had a great summer until calf tweaked 3 weeks ago…

Highmore got severe cork …but right now ..

Clark & Jones absence huge loss …Hannebery will play VFL this week , in great shape on modified program until
calf tweak..

Really concerned with the way we played on weekend & selection …not the way we’ve trained on moving the ball

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:36am
bigcarl wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:34am Anyone know where I can find a club updated injury list?
I suspect the closest will come on the AFL site around Tuesday bc.
Thanks mate. I don’t feel able to contribute to this thread much until I know who is available. For instance, Ryder, Jones, Hannebery would be walk-up starts if available.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:38am With absolute respect Sharman was 1st month of this pre season was the guy they put a lot of work in this year with King.

Then it all changed they were playing him at half back in match simulation, with some ruck work.

Wood being used as a wingman …another square peg in round hole last month , similar to the fixation of Battle on a wing
last year…

Bolt from the blue with Kent selection, Long trained really hard this summer in great shape, mysterious team

Clark & Jones absence huge loss …Hannebery will play VFL this week , in great shape on modified program until
calf tweak..

Really concerned with the way we played on weekend & selection …not the way we’ve trained on moving the ball
Thanks for the update lloyd. Any idea why they decided to throw Sharman to half back???? Why would you do that?
And why is there such a gulf between the way they train and play? And selection.....who the f*** knows. Baffling.

saintbob
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:25am

And
Owens (out of his depth)

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea

Ross had a good first half, not so hot in the second half when he spent time on the bench. Plodder
Yep he went missing towards the end of the 2nd quarter and offered very little in the 2nd half.

saintbob
SS Life Member

And
Owens (out of his depth)

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea

Yep he went missing towards the end of the 2nd quarter and offered very little in the 2nd half.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:58am

And
Owens (out of his depth)

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea

He got crunched heavily round about half time and was limping. Not sure if it was 2nd or 3ed quarter but I think you will find he was hurt. Up until then he was one of our better players.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:48am
lloyd21 wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:38am With absolute respect Sharman was 1st month of this pre season was the guy they put a lot of work in this year with King.

last year…

calf tweak..

Thanks for the update lloyd. Any idea why they decided to throw Sharman to half back???? Why would you do that?
And why is there such a gulf between the way they train and play? And selection.....who the f*** knows. Baffling.
Yes makes no sense. Lloyd21, did you mean Allison or did they genuinely trial Sharman in the back half? That alone should have all the coaches put on notice.

lloyd21
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:48am [quote=lloyd21 post_id=<a href="tel:1942896">1942896</a> time=<a href="tel:1647733108">1647733108</a> user_id=21611]
With absolute respect Sharman was 1st month of this pre season was the guy they put a lot of work in this year with King.

last year…

calf tweak..

[/quote]

Love Ratts as human being but a bit confused on approach..I attend training nearly every week.

Last year continually played Battle deep forward throughout the week at training match simulation then when selected for game played on the wing had little or no idea how to play position, just ran up and down the line.
Lost complete confidence..

New fitness guy Walsh is a beauty ..

Sharman to me early pre season would play significant role as lead up forward , then tactical deep option worked for hours
with Roughead & King ..this year ..then all of sudden it changed with the Wood on the wing experiment going back
to 3 small forwards ..as season got closer totally mystifying.

Absolutely shocked at Kent selection
Absolutely shocked when Ratts has mentioned Geary’s name in presser post loss as possible future inclusion.

Really think Jones & Clark out hurts us a lot.

Hopefully things are rectified soon , because if not Ratts will come under pressure.

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

OUT: Brynes, Kent, Owens

IN: Bytel, Sharman, Connelly (Sinclair moves into the midfield)

lloyd21
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 11:40am
st.byron wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:48am

last year…

calf tweak..

Yes makes no sense. Lloyd21, did you mean Allison or did they genuinely trial Sharman in the back half? That alone should have all the coaches put on notice.

No he definitely trialled Sharman at Half back , but now playing forward against Wilkie in match simulation.
Allison again a forward being played out of position for mine.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 11:56am
Love Ratts as human being but a bit confused on approach..I attend training nearly every week.

Last year continually played Battle deep forward throughout the week at training match simulation then when selected for game played on the wing had little or no idea how to play position, just ran up and down the line.
Lost complete confidence..

New fitness guy Walsh is a beauty ..

Sharman to me early pre season would play significant role as lead up forward , then tactical deep option worked for hours
with Roughead & King ..this year ..then all of sudden it changed with the Wood on the wing experiment going back
to 3 small forwards ..as season got closer totally mystifying.

Absolutely shocked at Kent selection
Absolutely shocked when Ratts has mentioned Geary’s name in presser post loss as possible future inclusion.

Really think Jones & Clark out hurts us a lot.

Hopefully things are rectified soon , because if not Ratts will come under pressure.
Mystifying indeed. Have to wonder at all those decisions. Why would you move Sharman away from where he shone?
Kent.....F*** me. He proved what we all already knew, apart from the coach.
Am beginning to regard Ratten in the same light as Richo. Lovely bloke, but as a head coach and tactician......he lacks mongrel. All this cuddly inclusiveness and fatherly mentoring vibe is not producing results.
Whatever the reasons are we still look like crap.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

And
Owens (out of his depth)

We’d get fkn spanked!!!
Yep, good idea
Long is the obvious choice, if his pre season was good then he has to come straight in for the reason you highlight, proven AFL ability.

Surely with such a fragile list that is incredibly thin for depth Ratts is required to select players like Long over players like Owens for such a crucial match against the Pies. It was incredibly important we chalk up a win against a weak side like the Pies but to gamble like he did could cost us latter in the year.