v Bris game thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: v Bris game thread

StPeter wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:32pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:17pm Unusually bad game from Sinclair and alot of the boys looked off tonight.
Need to bounce back next week big time and really stick it to the f****** druggies
Sinclair had the most disposals(30) and second highest fantasy points( 105) for the Saints.

Possibly a little off his best but still in our top few players tonight.

Probably at least 20 of the other 22 players you could put behind him tonight.
I don't think you are any closer to collecting on your 1000 to 1 StPeter, regardless of how you wish to spin it.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I blame this loss squarely upon the heels of Bradley Hill.

He is responsible for the concussions.
Responsible for Ross’s disposal.
For Long.
For everything.

And if I could serious for once, I loved Webster in the first quarter and I really appreciate the things he brings. I love Highmore and hope he comes back in.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saintkev
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 10:21pm No Owens, no DMac next week. Wood playing his way to Sandy & Long begging the doubters to return. Could be a few changes next week, win or lose.
Throw in Hill for the axe. He shouldn’t be rewarded for being a shirker.

Laurie
Club Player

@Ghost Like no i do not hate Billings hate is a strobg word to use..
I just think 7 years at the club possibly needs a change in scenery to bringout the best will not do it at St.Kilda unfortunately.
The writing is on the wall cone seasins end
BOOM BOOM

amusingname
Club Player

perfectionist wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:16pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:06pm When Owens went down we lost any drive from the centre.

Bodes well for his future, but disappointed we can't cover a three game player.

Hope Billings and Clark are in good Nick, Sharman more value as a genuine forward option, Membrey high half forward.
Yes, the drive of 2 kicks and two handballs, none to a teammate, was sorely missed from the lowest ranked player on the ground at the time.

Mitch Owens is a complete dud. We can stuff around for a few years hoping that someone who doesn't have the physique to play AFL will suddenly come good or we can believe our eyes. He makes The Dud look good.
Doesn’t have the physique? 191cms and 81 kg at the moment, pretty good starting point in a first year player.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:30pm
B.M wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:24pm Crouch and Ross were OK

They played their part

6-8 players had less than a dozen touches
Half right. Seb Ross played his worst game ever. His direct opponent was BOG (wears the same number).
Absolute rubbish , McGluggage plays on the wing and Ross not

Bris played
Robinson and McCluggage on the wings and we played McKenzie,Wood and others but not Ross

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saintkev
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:38pm I blame this loss squarely upon the heels of Bradley Hill.

For Long.
For everything.

And if I could serious for once, I loved Webster in the first quarter and I really appreciate the things he brings. I love Highmore and hope he comes back in.
Hill will never get a concussion because he plays like an overpaid marshmallow.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:39pm @Ghost Like no i do not hate Billings hate is a strobg word to use..
I just think 7 years at the club possibly needs a change in scenery to bringout the best will not do it at St.Kilda unfortunately.
The writing is on the wall cone seasins end
BOOM BOOM
Whether it's a strong word or not, it's true. Maybe he does need a change but I think he needs to string some games together in a good side, a good side would be a change. I hope it's at St Kilda, if not, I hope we get more for him than we got for Acres because it will hurt as much.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Ajantis wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:38pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:06pm When Owens went down we lost any drive from the centre.

Hope Billings and Clark are in good Nick, Sharman more value as a genuine forward option, Membrey high half forward.
Yes, the drive of 2 kicks and two handballs, none to a teammate, was sorely missed from the lowest ranked player on the ground at the time.

Mitch Owens is a complete dud. We can stuff around for a few years hoping that someone who doesn't have the physique to play AFL will suddenly come good or we can believe our eyes. He makes The Dud look good.
Give the kid a chance....
Not seeing Hill did hurt and they probably had the hard tag on him... Zak Jones gets the ball and just makes the dumbest decisions with it.
Lets move on and look to next week and stop pulling apart the Team that is doing better then everyone expected.
There's always a meltdown after a loss, especially if the throng has had a few sippers. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:41pm

Doesn’t have the physique? 191cms and 81 kg at the moment, pretty good starting point in a first year player.
How did I miss the most stupid claim on Saintsational in 2022? One of us needs to give up drinking.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:54pm
amusingname wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:41pm

How did I miss the most stupid claim on Saintsational in 2022? One of us needs to give up drinking.
I think it's been a big "sippers" night tonight.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Laurie
Club Player

@Ghost Like i hope we do as well but not so sure we will.
BOOM BOOM

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Very unfair that I got banned during the game. Mason Wood should be dropped and never play for us again!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Not at all upset it’s where we are and I didn’t expect to win
Those critical of Owens are seriously thick the kid out his head over it multiple times game 3 showed plenty
This game is why you don’t jump and sign Ratten now
How good are we really???????
We are not top 4 as others have said in the heat of battle we lack class
Guys like Jones , Ross need to be your 4-5 stringers in the middle before we are top shelf and Woods etc need to be pushed out by better players

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Wake up call tonight we were never in it at the start of the last quarter we were never going to win despite our benched players
Brisbane were just too classy. They had a 6 day break so if we were going to beat them this was our chance. We went in with nearly our best side
Ratts can learn from this on the selection table. But really the lions were a cut above us

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I think there are more delistings on this list at years end than some have been prepared to accept, but only if we really want to improve.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

StPeter wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:32pm
Banger9798 wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:17pm Unusually bad game from Sinclair and alot of the boys looked off tonight.
Need to bounce back next week big time and really stick it to the f****** druggies
Sinclair had the most disposals(30) and second highest fantasy points( 105) for the Saints.

Metres gained by Sinclair 639. Next best was Battle 450.

Possibly a little off his best but still in our top few players tonight.

Probably at least 20 of the other 22 players you could put behind him tonight.
Yes , still in the votes, but by his now lofty standards, it was a down game. Alot of what he tried in the second half didn't come off, but kept running and trying to create the whole time
Everyone was off their best game. Battle and Crouch maybe the only ones who played to their usual level

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 1:15am I think there are more delistings on this list at years end than some have been prepared to accept, but only if we really want to improve.
Agree but you have to have players you bring in to improve
Let’s be real we are playing a few other club rejects - these are good serviceable players on their day….but they are rejects for a reason
Also coaching - we are constantly going back to the small forwards formula we have to move on and with King get and be prepared to play Sharman alongside him we have to be less predictable going forward and Sharman in the structure will help that and besides THATS the future where we are really trying for a flag
I hope we go hard at years end for another gun mid we need more class and if losing a Membrey costs you that you do it . You have to give to get
Get an Amon in to push out Wood
Pray Owens and Windhager NWA really come on
Build for future this year is finals experience

“Yeah….nah””
Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Can’t believe the negativity. We win that game if those players don’t go down, no side in the AFL can win with 3 outs in the last qtr.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 3:40am Can’t believe the negativity. We win that game if those players don’t go down, no side in the AFL can win with 3 outs in the last qtr.
Think that’s rose coloured glasses
Their midfield got on top
They lock straight early we are 3/4 down
They were class above when it mattered
Midfield needs an injection of class - Ratten has to get creative not return to the same old mids he needs to bring in others eg sinclsir etc rotate through

“Yeah….nah””
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 4:02am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 3:40am Can’t believe the negativity. We win that game if those players don’t go down, no side in the AFL can win with 3 outs in the last qtr.
Midfield needs an injection of class - Ratten has to get creative not return to the same old mids he needs to bring in others eg sinclsir etc rotate through

We played poorly , had 3 injuries, away from home, against top 4 side and were still in it with 10 mins to go.

Steele back in this side will be a huge in , but we are not as bad as we played tonight.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

brisbane have won 24 of 25 h&a games at the gabba. big task. defence kept us in it til the last when our outs told on our legs. both teams played a messy game but brought the pressure. some unrealistic and over the top criticism on here.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 6:36am
Teflon wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 4:02am

We played poorly , had 3 injuries, away from home, against top 4 side and were still in it with 10 mins to go.

Steele back in this side will be a huge in , but we are not as bad as we played tonight.
Steele isn’t going to solve that
We were hanging in early - check the inside 50 numbers
Our forward entry when we did have chances was poor and has been for some time
Yes Lions tough to beat at home - most good sides are
You want to be top 4 and genuinely challenging for a flag you need to be better than what we were even before our injuries
I’m not into papering over cracks we are carrying some money ball types who up against quality will be found out

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sun 12 Jun 2022 10:00am brisbane have won 24 of 25 h&a games at the gabba. big task. defence kept us in it til the last when our outs told on our legs. both teams played a messy game but brought the pressure. some unrealistic and over the top criticism on here.
Spot on
Happens every game time. A few drinks and bang. Sackings and over the top tripe everywhere
But even so ..no matter how much I drink I won’t bag a champ and blow smoke out of his arse in the next breath we have to be a bit more measured
In the cold light of day we are still a good side,probably a gun midfielder from being a great side atm we are a good one.
It’s up to ratten to get 100% out of these blokes and last night some were running at 50%
Clarke and Steele to return
We will still play finals

I’m certainly not the rose coloured type of guy. Was really pissed off with some of the plays would be nice to be perfect

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:38pm I blame this loss squarely upon the heels of Bradley Hill.

For Long.
For everything.

A bit harsh mate. Plenty of other reasons why we lost. Just an aside when gresh gets the ball why do get the feeling it will land on the chest of the opposition?