Tasmania

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Templar
Club Player

Re: Tasmania

What are the logistics of developing the Junction Oval or nearabouts and getting St Kilda Council, City of Melbourne, Tourism Vic Gov on board? The whole precinct would be buzzing on game nights win or lose, and, as a I mentioned, going up to the Espy or wherever after a game would make everything a lot tolerable!

That would beat Tassie for me. And no freaking name change.

Is tjhere a thread on Junction Oval.. i will search.

Here is the aerial view

https://goo.gl/maps/rDJnpoVm2VbjCUL17

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I have nothing against Tasmania & if that is where we end up so be it but I won't support it . Once St.Kilda is relocated that's it for me . I think I have posted this before but a good friend of mine was a die hard Fitzroy supporter (unfortunately gone to god) said even though he happy Brisbane got to win 3 Premierships it meant nothing to him because it wasn't Fitzroy . I will be the same wish them well but it won't be St.Kilda

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We should distance ourselves from a putrid history at the junction

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

We left there 50 years ago for that very reason

SaintJohno
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 10:14pm We should distance ourselves from a putrid history at the junction

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

I may be missing something having left Melbourne a few years ago, but wouldn't the JO need a silly amount of money to get up to even 20K capacity? It's not really an option is it? I do like the idea of a beer at the Espy after though.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 10:14pm We should distance ourselves from a putrid history at the junction

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

I usually don’t reference what people say in previous posts, everyday is a new day on Saintsational, cos we are so much brighter and smarter everytime we wake up and let the sunshine in.

But some have have said, you don’t give a F about where StKilda plays …

Now all of a sudden the JO is an evil and putrid place?.

And it’s a cricket ground FFs argument.,.what a load of bollocks..

All football grounds are cricket grounds…including one called the MCG..

All the VFL grounds were or are cricket grounds…

Silliness.

Agenda.

St Kilda’s survival is on thin ice…

I would say we missed a trick not getting the JO in 2014 after Cricket had agreed to do it..

Eddie McQuire and co..wanted us out…cos they wanted cricket off the MCG so Collingwood could have it.

Such a shame. 

You lot talk of Tasmania and that you don’t give a flying etc., etc., let me tell you, if St Kilda doesn’t have a presence in St KIlda it will be gone.. Yabe sooner thank you think.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 1:30pm

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

I usually don’t reference what people say in previous posts, everyday is a new day on Saintsational, cos we are so much brighter and smarter everytime we wake up and let the sunshine in.

Silliness.

Agenda.

I would say we missed a trick not getting the JO in 2014 after Cricket had agreed to do it..

Eddie McQuire and co..wanted us out…cos they wanted cricket off the MCG so Collingwood could have it.

Such a shame. 

You lot talk of Tasmania and that you don’t give a flying etc., etc., let me tell you, if St Kilda doesn’t have a presence in St KIlda it will be gone.. Yabe sooner thank you think.
Think you should stick to things you know, like the land of the rising sun. Saints ain't goimg anywhere, certainly not to the JO of f****** Tasmania,

Why is this place always filled with such vocal Chicken Littles FFS?

Templar
Club Player

SaintJohno wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 10:24pm

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

I may be missing something having left Melbourne a few years ago, but wouldn't the JO need a silly amount of money to get up to even 20K capacity? It's not really an option is it? I do like the idea of a beer at the Espy after though.
Definitely will need truck loads of cash and development. But why not think big instead of small. Its not like we don't belong in StKilda. And the entire precinct will benefit financially. The new JO stadium of course will also be multi use.

I don't think it is a preposterous idea by any stretch, just takes vision and will.

Not long ago fast eddy was getting traction with his idea for a new inner city AFL stadium.

Bugger off Ed, a footy stadium in the JO precinct has much more appeal, and it is our home suburb.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

We will NEVER play or train at the junction again.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 2:09pm

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

Definitely will need truck loads of cash and development. But why not think big instead of small. Its not like we don't belong in StKilda. And the entire precinct will benefit financially. The new JO stadium of course will also be multi use.

I don't think it is a preposterous idea by any stretch, just takes vision and will.

Not long ago fast eddy was getting traction with his idea for a new inner city AFL stadium.

Bugger off Ed, a footy stadium in the JO precinct has much more appeal, and it is our home suburb.
Yes, well said.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 1:35pm

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

Silliness.

Agenda.

Such a shame. 

Think you should stick to things you know, like the land of the rising sun. Saints ain't goimg anywhere, certainly not to the JO of f****** Tasmania,

Thanks for keeping it personal Stinger!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Isn’t StKilda full of tourists and Air B&Bs and inner city wankers that think Footy is uncool and sip Lattes at Acland street and discuss how woke they are

Moorabbin, Cheltenham and Bayside is clearly the StKilda heartland

Everyone knows that!!!!

The junction
Please describe how the average Bayside supporter gets there?
Is there a train station within walking distance???
Or are we trains and trams???
How good the parking?

How good are the ammenities

How good are the stands

Are there lights??

Do Footy clubs and CCS co exist anymore

Richmond CC don’t play at Punt Road anymore and are in Glen Waverley
Collingwood CC are now Camberwell
North Melb are in Greenvale
StK FC moved to Moorabbin
MFC moved to Casey (in crannie of all places)
Hawthorn CC are now Kingston
MCC have moved to Beaumaris SC
Essendon FC moved from WH to Tullamarine

Even Frankston FC and CC have seperate ovals

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Give me RSEA park/Marvel anyday!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 1:24am
saynta wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 1:35pm

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

Silliness.

Agenda.

Such a shame. 

Thanks for keeping it personal Stinger!
No worries.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 2:51am Isn’t StKilda full of tourists and Air B&Bs and inner city wankers that think Footy is uncool and sip Lattes at Acland street and discuss how woke they are

Have the ladies of the night all moved on?

happy feet
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 2:53am Give me RSEA park/Marvel anyday!
I had a visit to RSEA Park when they opened the Danny Frawley Centre. I was very impressed at the facilities and the condition of the ground. We would be nuts to leave it after the investment made.To suggest that we go back to the back to the Junction Oval is just silly, it’s like wanting GT back in charge. It’s not going to happen. RSEA park is in our heartland.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

I love the idea of a suburban ground, loved Moorabbin, I envy Geelong supporters. However, why not Moorabbin rather than the JO?

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 22 Jul 2022 8:53pm I have nothing against Tasmania & if that is where we end up so be it but I won't support it . Once St.Kilda is relocated that's it for me . I think I have posted this before but a good friend of mine was a die hard Fitzroy supporter (unfortunately gone to god) said even though he happy Brisbane got to win 3 Premierships it meant nothing to him because it wasn't Fitzroy . I will be the same wish them well but it won't be St.Kilda
Agreed. Have been a member for decades, If the Saints merge or relocate interstate I'm out. Will not follow footy at all and I wouldn't be the only one.
If that ever happened it would be squalid stupidity, we have too big a supporter base to meet such a demise. Far more than North, the Bulldogs and indeed Melbourne. I would also think we probably have a tad more than Geelong. Hawthorn have gone past us, but only in the last 20 years, a shitload of Premierships helped.

This Tasmanian thing is looking like a potential 'cluster f**k'. It appears that the AFL is determined to relocate a team (probably North) there and the Tasmanians are insisting on their own team. They haven't yet mentioned a stadium. How many players have been recruited from Tasmania this century and how many draftees will want to stay there?

Tasmania is a footy State and probably should have a team, more so than the Gold Coast or Greater Western Sydney (although GWS are building something in Canberra). The question is are they anywhere near ready? Shouldn't an U18 team and VFL team come first? So that they can develop local talent.

As for Maguire's bulls***, how long is the 11 games in Melbourne and 11 in Tassie going to last? How long did that last for Sydney?

The AFL should send the Gold Coast down to Tassie, no one gives a s*** about them on the Gold Coast, but they won't.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

If the Saints went to Tasmania, it would sink within a week.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

what good is your crummy victorian footy side to us

it's you guys who cant win premierships
without Us

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 26 Jul 2022 10:03pm

Anyway
It’s a cricket ground

I love the idea of a suburban ground, loved Moorabbin, I envy Geelong supporters. However, why not Moorabbin rather than the JO?
Moorabbin is also good. It might be enough..but nothing would be as good, not nearly as good as St Kilda having a base in St Kilda.

It may not be feasible now. We kind of missed a wonderful chance in 2014, when Dodemaide and Cricekt Victoria were on board.
Meantime, it is great that Moorabbin is back. Step in the right direction.

North have done well to stay at Arden st. and they are a tiny club. St Kilda is an absolutely world famous locale and St Kilda Footy Club has a long heritage, and the two could have synergy..maybe just enough to keep St Kilda alive and well.

NO doubt the wolves will come baying for blood and howling if St Kilda is struggling - we will be picked off and moved or merged if the rationalists have their way...And don't count on the club to save itself...They'll sell the farm if they can get away with it.

St Kilda FC needs to have, and should have a connection to St Kilda.
For a sustainable and potentially prosperous future.
We don't have to play games there.
but we need something.
Simple.

Warning viewers

Don't listen to nonsense about 'It's a f##$%%n cricket ground.'
So is the MCG and so is almost every other ground ever used for footy.

2014 it was almost a deal.
We dropped the ball..
We dropped the ashes big time.

Saint 58
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 2:51am Isn’t StKilda full of tourists and Air B&Bs and inner city wankers that think Footy is uncool and sip Lattes at Acland street and discuss how woke they are

Moorabbin, Cheltenham and Bayside is clearly the StKilda heartland

Everyone knows that!!!!

The junction
Please describe how the average Bayside supporter gets there?
Is there a train station within walking distance???
Or are we trains and trams???
How good the parking?

How good are the ammenities

How good are the stands

Are there lights??

Do Footy clubs and CCS co exist anymore

Richmond CC don’t play at Punt Road anymore and are in Glen Waverley
Collingwood CC are now Camberwell
North Melb are in Greenvale
StK FC moved to Moorabbin
MFC moved to Casey (in crannie of all places)
Hawthorn CC are now Kingston
MCC have moved to Beaumaris SC
Essendon FC moved from WH to Tullamarine

Even Frankston FC and CC have seperate ovals
We need to have the JO become like Kardinia Park
Develop the area
Albert park Golf Course goes (100’s of other courses to play at)
Fxxx golf anyway
Land is used for car park, esp. bus services
Difficult to get in/out ??
- No different to the G, Marvel, etc.
- Opposition supporters will be leaving early anyway, so a bit less congestion
Include facilities for the Grand Prix and other sports/activities for the general public
Can even include a virtual golf course to appease the local outraged golfers
Bayside supporters travel to South Yarra station, then change to go to Prahran or Windsor Station (one or two more stops)
Also the new Anzac Station being built; trams lines …
Footbridge(s) built to get over Queens Rd, Punt Rd, St. Kilda Rd intersection
Eventually have 60,000 🔴⚪️⚫️ fans cheering us on
Virtually guaranteed finals most years if not every year
Destination club … free agents … pick/choose who WE want
Still train at Moorabbin but also at the JO
Women play at Moorabbin
Eventually incorporate the enter Albert Park Lake area
Cricket ?? Fxxx cricket … AFL >> cricket
Also use the stadium for concerts, etc.
Federal $$, State $$, but also need private money
Someone like Lindsay Fox needs to get off his fat A$$ & leave a legacy that will be forever remembered

Not that hard to create a vision
Turning a vision into reality is the difficult part

My opinion:
- we do this, we join the big boys, we cement our future
Or
- we do nothing, we remain insignificant, we eventually become irrelevant

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Not gonna happen

We were at the JO

And we’re pleased to leave

B.M
Saintsational Legend

NO one is suggesting relocation to TAS

Just playing 11 games there and 11 in Melbourne (based there)

Tassie don’t want that model - but it’s the best they might get

North should also go North to Darwin for 11 games in a similar deal

Both clubs MUST expand or die

Saints58
Club Player

B.M wrote: Wed 27 Jul 2022 2:04am NO one is suggesting relocation to TAS

Just playing 11 games there and 11 in Melbourne (based there)

Tassie don’t want that model - but it’s the best they might get

North should also go North to Darwin for 11 games in a similar deal

Both clubs MUST expand or die
Finally someone sees the big picture.
I don't wont to go to Tassie but the Melbourne market is to crowed having Tassie would allow us to still have Moorabbin as a base up here.
Also we demand draft concessions like the other expansion teams, plus a exclusive revenue from the ground advertising so we become a financial power house as well as a football one.

Freebird
Club Player

Tassie supply little to no players to the afl/draft and have no corporate dollars. The afl and local government can only do so much.
Do you really think that other clubs would let them play 11 tassie games along with 11 vic games...that would not last long

Send a team to Tassie to die!!