The non free to max

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: The non free to max

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 11:40am
terry smith rules wrote: Thu 08 Jun 2023 11:52pm Simply a disgraceful decision

Smashed front on in a marking contest it is a free all day every day
Exactly what I was going to post and yet horseface was whinging about our free kicks in his ungracious presser
TY and some here have missed the point, yes there are 50/50 decisions that can go either way and can be annoying

But this was a 100% free kick to Max

The difference between 100 and 50%

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 11:51am And for the record as it hasn't been highlighted elsewhere, Buddy's second goal wasn't a goal at all. He kicked the ball when both his foot and the ball were behind or over the goal line.

The commentators were too busy wanking over Buddy to notice. Sick making really.
I called that as it happened. My Bomber-supporting sister straight away texted me with the same thought. When the slow-motion video along the goal line showed it - not a single murmur from the commentators.

Gotta toe the AFL line.

Saint supporter since '62
Saintmike65
Club Player

I learned a long time ago not to dwell on umpiring.
They make mistakes every week but rarely influence results!

takeaway
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 12:09pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 11:51am And for the record as it hasn't been highlighted elsewhere, Buddy's second goal wasn't a goal at all. He kicked the ball when both his foot and the ball were behind or over the goal line.

The commentators were too busy wanking over Buddy to notice. Sick making really.
I called that as it happened. My Bomber-supporting sister straight away texted me with the same thought. When the slow-motion video along the goal line showed it - not a single murmur from the commentators.

Gotta toe the AFL line.
Probably should be a permanent thread. "Non free kick to Max" will always attract a couple of pages every week. Same for most tall target forwards in any team.

I thought the 2nd goal to Buddy was a clear goal, kicked before the line.

King Max
Club Player

Clear goal.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Actually - unless you are looking at something other than the Replay - the ball is in the field of play when it is kicked - sorry Saynta! I have watched it over and over again at 0.2 speed and do not see his foot being over when he kicked it.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 1:07pm

Gotta toe the AFL line.
Probably should be a permanent thread. "Non free kick to Max" will always attract a couple of pages every week. Same for most tall target forwards in any team.

No, it certainly wasn't.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 4:12pm

Gotta toe the AFL line.

No, it certainly wasn't.
Sure looks like he kicked it before the line to me!
[Remember - it is the BACK of the line that counts - and only part of the ball needs to be on the field of play side OR the line]

And then Buddy's foot is still inside play when the ball has crossed the line

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 4:46pm

Gotta toe the AFL line.

No, it certainly wasn't.
[Remember - it is the BACK of the line that counts - and only part of the ball needs to be on the field of play side OR the line]
Nah not convinced. Other angles show that his foot and the ball are over the line before the kick is completed

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 4:49pm

Gotta toe the AFL line.

No, it certainly wasn't.
Nah not convinced. Other angles show that his foot and the ball are over the line before the kick is completed
LOL - So other angles - that are not perpendicular to the goal line - show what you want to see - Yeah let's go with that - not the accurate information

― Aristophanes

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 5:02pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 4:49pm

Gotta toe the AFL line.

No, it certainly wasn't.
LOL - So other angles - that are not perpendicular to the goal line - show what you want to see - Yeah let's go with that - not the accurate information
:twisted:

amusingname
Club Player

It hasn't been highlighted because it is not true, look at the replay. 4.22 to go in the second quarter, behind the goal and goal line replays are shown and he kicked it in play, goal umpire was right there too.

Enjoy the win, rather than imagining slights against the club.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 5:20pm

It hasn't been highlighted because it is not true, look at the replay. 4.22 to go in the second quarter, behind the goal and goal line replays are shown and he kicked it in play, goal umpire was right there too.

Hello Mr Johnny Come Lately

― Aristophanes

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Was Franklin playing was he?

I saw a bloke that resembled him after he kicked that long-range goal from the goal square

Must have fallen out of Wilkie's pocket when he was carrying on to the crowd.

amusingname
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 5:36pm

Sorry, was posting while in the middle of something and missed your thorough evidence.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 7:50pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 5:36pm

Sorry, was posting while in the middle of something and missed your thorough evidence.
It's all good!

― Aristophanes

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bump

falka
Club Player

I thought they were running a review at centre bounce after that buddy ‘goal’ as I heard whistle but was a 6-6-6 warning.

No way the commentators would dare run that narrative. Strange no replay though after fact

amusingname
Club Player

falka wrote: Sat 10 Jun 2023 7:06pm I thought they were running a review at centre bounce after that buddy ‘goal’ as I heard whistle but was a 6-6-6 warning.

No way the commentators would dare run that narrative. Strange no replay though after fact
There were two replays directly after it, as per sainter dads posts above, clearly a goal

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The free kick count was lopsided in OUR favour for most of the match. We got the benefit of most of the 50/50 decisions in the first half.

The umpires missed some definite frees that should have been paid against us, like the throw from Gresham in the middle when he handed the footy with one hand and Crouch or Steele kicked it forward which resulted in a Saints goal.

And the mark paid to King which looked like he didn't control it...As well as the 50 metre penalties that helped us stay in touch when they had momentum.

I think we got dudded a few times with the wrong decision by the umps when they just tried to even up the free kick numbers, however...

I agree that the umpires weren't the deciding factor. We fought it out and Sydney dropped their bundle in the last quarter.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Gulden was miles over the mark .... clear 50

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Watching Carlton v Bonbers
All I can say is if King got the frees McKsy gets her kick 20
Good ole Harry gets an armchair ride
Maybe he feels guilty and that explains the set shot shiits

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sun 11 Jun 2023 8:51pm Gulden was miles over the mark .... clear 50
I agree, but sometimes they give players the benefit of the doubt due to crowd noise. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't

Same with the 50m penalty awarded to Nas. It seemed like a harsh decision as the players don't have clear rules to go by. The Swans player was a split second late in getting to the front of where he wanted to stand the mark

Anyhow...The goal by Nas was a crunch goal. I forget that he's just in his 2nd season as an AFL player. He's performing like a 4th or 5th year player for us

As I said. Umpires didn't win us the game.