To the Jack Bytel lovers out there…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

To the Jack Bytel lovers out there…

I HOPE YOU WAKE UP TO YOUR SENSES AND REALISE HES AN ABSOLUTE DUD!

12 possessions! Lowest ranked AFL midfielder playing today. Didn’t lay a single tackle all game. Will you finally listen and agree he’s not the answer to our midfield problems?

Calling out Scollop and co.

Will be gone at the end of the year.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Re: To the Jack Bytel lovers out there…

He isn't a dud.

He is currently a depth midfielder and a bit of a grinder. Should get dropped and may need luck to continue with the saints.

Let's not be too critical of the player simply because a few people on here have rammed him down our throats.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

66% time on ground and stats almost indentical to Billings and considerably better than Gresham.

Ill-considered and insulting post.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Upon reflection Jones performed to a lower a standard than bytel.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 2:58am 66% time on ground and stats almost indentical to Billings and considerably better than Gresham.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one

It's a pity there isn't an IQ test before you're allowed to join the forum.

Just on Jack Bytel. I posted in another thread my thoughts on his selection and the way he was used as a player today. He would have been happy to have got selected, but they set him up for failure...or at best, they wasted his selection and didn't utilise his strengths.

Would have been better for Jack's long term development to have played as an inside mid at Sandringham today. They sure could have used him

viewtopic.php?p=2022090#p2022090
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 24 Jul 2023 3:41am, edited 2 times in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 3:36am
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 2:58am 66% time on ground and stats almost indentical to Billings and considerably better than Gresham.

Just on Jack Bytel. I posted in another thread my thoughts on his selection and the way he was used as a player today
Luckily they let anybody join, or I'd have to visit BigFooty 🤷‍♂️

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Insulting post? Didn’t say a single insult just laying down the facts. Sorry your ego got bruised.

Billings - same TOG, laid two MORE tackles and had a GA.

Gresham - laid 5 more tackles. I’m not an advocate of Gresh I want to see the back end of him.

But to say week in and week out that Bytel needs to be played, so we play him and he lays no tackles for 4 quarters of football doesn’t take a smart person to go that’s not AFL standard.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 3:36am

Just on Jack Bytel. I posted in another thread my thoughts on his selection and the way he was used as a player today. He would have been happy to have got selected, but they set him up for failure...or at best, they wasted his selection and didn't utilise his strengths.

Would have been better for Jack's long term development to have played as an inside mid at Sandringham today. They sure could have used him

viewtopic.php?p=2022090#p2022090
Classic. Did Jack Bytel teach you that one? Come on Scollop, do better.

So they play him and he has a terrible game, but it’s the coaches fault for not playing him properly? Hmmm okay… let’s bust out some low IQ Zacsby data shall I? Jack Bytel lined up for 9 Centre bounce attendances (for reference that’s the same as Hunter Clark) so they were playing him there in the middle and he didn’t have a single clearance nor a single tackle the whole game. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Any AFL fan knows that’s not on.

Say I don’t have IQ at least I’m posting straight data to counter your points yet you insult me about my IQ? Take a look in the mirror Scollop.

You can’t back track now and demand him in the team all year and then say he should have played in the midfield at Sandy. Pot calling the kettle back. You lost your integrity Scollop. Would be more of a man if you take ownership and admit you were wrong.

older saint
SS Life Member

In fairness he played on the wing where he is really an inside mid.

Is he the star many feel he is, no - much like Sharman. A good depth player at AFL level. Dunstan still is on Melbourne list and is exactly the same.
someone like a North may look at him as an inside mid as they need that.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Thought he was good early - faded

First game at the level for almost 2 months

Played on the wing a bit - not really familiar to him

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Thought he was good early - faded

First game at the level for almost 2 months

Played on the wing a bit - not really familiar to him

saintbob
SS Life Member

He’s not a dud, he’s too good for VFL but unfortunately not good enough for AFL a lot like Dow from Carlton.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Poor form.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 12:19am I HOPE YOU WAKE UP TO YOUR SENSES AND REALISE HES AN ABSOLUTE DUD!

12 possessions! Lowest ranked AFL midfielder playing today. Didn’t lay a single tackle all game. Will you finally listen and agree he’s not the answer to our midfield problems?

7 possessiond first quarter. Then only 60% game time.

Beautiful pass last quarter for a goal.

Boy did ok.

And you call yourself a supporter. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ps. That's 12 more possessions than you would have gotten.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

He would have been disappointed in his game.
The last quarter he seemed to be getting the pace of the game, but not a great day for him.
Interesting to see whether he holds his spot.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 3:45pm He would have been disappointed in his game.
The last quarter he seemed to be getting the pace of the game, but not a great day for him.
Interesting to see whether he holds his spot.
Peris didn't, so I don't expect him to either

That's how you build confidence in players. Bring them in for 1 senior game and then drop them

Pou, Clark and Butler all safe. Gresham is also best 22

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s was a strange performance… 7 touches on the first quarter, seemed like he was set for a big day and then vanished. As some pointed out… his strength is as a ball winner type but instead he was played on a wing and as a tagger it appeared.

Feels like they might be trying to do the same thing with Bytel that they did with Windy and did/are doing with Coops… trying to develop other aspects of his game beyond what he’s best at.

I have to imagine that’s the goal otherwise it was a very peculiar way to play him.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 9:44am

Insulting post? Didn’t say a single insult just laying down the facts. Sorry your ego got bruised.

Billings - same TOG, laid two MORE tackles and had a GA.

Gresham - laid 5 more tackles. I’m not an advocate of Gresh I want to see the back end of him.

But to say week in and week out that Bytel needs to be played, so we play him and he lays no tackles for 4 quarters of football doesn’t take a smart person to go that’s not AFL standard.
Jack Newnes says hi

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 12:19am I HOPE YOU WAKE UP TO YOUR SENSES AND REALISE HES AN ABSOLUTE DUD!

So, you were at the game to make the observations yourself? Or did you just wake up in a bad mood this morning and felt the need to unload on somebody?

Saint supporter since '62
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 4:27pm It’s was a strange performance… 7 touches on the first quarter, seemed like he was set for a big day and then vanished. As some pointed out… his strength is as a ball winner type but instead he was played on a wing and as a tagger it appeared.

Feels like they might be trying to do the same thing with Bytel that they did with Windy and did/are doing with Coops… trying to develop other aspects of his game beyond what he’s best at.

I have to imagine that’s the goal otherwise it was a very peculiar way to play him.
the ball winner claim is a little over stated, as a ball winner you are entitled to win the ball in any position. Bytel had a shocker and isn't up to the level, will get another chance to perform against another bottom 4 side this week but it's been obvious for a while his papers are already stamped.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 4:27pm It’s was a strange performance… 7 touches on the first quarter, seemed like he was set for a big day and then vanished. As some pointed out… his strength is as a ball winner type but instead he was played on a wing and as a tagger it appeared.

the ball winner claim is a little over stated, as a ball winner you are entitled to win the ball in any position. Bytel had a shocker and isn't up to the level, will get another chance to perform against another bottom 4 side this week but it's been obvious for a while his papers are already stamped.