Sub Ryan Byrnes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sub Ryan Byrnes

Players develop over time and at different rates. Sinclair was not an overnight champ.
Will N. Daicos be able to maintain.
Ryan is showing great promise under this coaching group. Very useful on the MCG and Marvel, Gabba and Optus because he goes and goes and is becoming more confident.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:48pm
meher baba wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:26pm I thought he was good, especially in the third quarter.

If King and Ross are fit in two weeks time, I think he misses out, as does one of Sharman and Hayes: possibly Sharman. Clark to be the sub again.
Clark had only 53% game-time today.

There must be a doubt about his fitness or he is carrying an injury, hence his selection as the sub in recent times.
Got a corkie according to the coach

saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 10:28pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:18pmWas horrendous
Back on the dementia loop I see Curly, bagging young Byrnes, were you even at the game or we’re you listening to Harry Beitzel on 3KZ?

Byrnes was far from horrendous, in fact early in the 3rd was one of the players who got us back into the game with some hard run and decent delivery into the forward line.

Byrnes may never be a first 22 choice player, but your constant bagging of him is becoming as tedious and ridiculous as your umpire obsession.
we’re :?: :?: :?:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Massive 3rd quarter

He’s a good sub because when he come on he gives fresh legs and run and spread

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 27 Aug 2023 11:36am Players develop over time and at different rates. Sinclair was not an overnight champ.
Will N. Daicos be able to maintain.
Ryan is showing great promise under this coaching group. Very useful on the MCG and Marvel, Gabba and Optus because he goes and goes and is becoming more confident.
Too inconsistent and generally only gives a good quarter here and there which probably makes him a good sub.

Probably only ever going to be a fringe player but that's OK as it keeps pressure on the first picked.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote: Sun 27 Aug 2023 12:10am His last kick summed him up. Received hands in space and launched a high up and under torpedo.

Panicky and far to many unforced errors.
So, 87.5% disposal efficiency and one turnover for the game equates to "too many unforced errors?"

I usually enjoy your witty unique perspective on things like Umps, AFL conspiracy theories and so on, but I reckon with respect to the lad's performance on Saturday night that you're .... what's the word that I'm looking for .... oh yeah... Wrong.

I reckon The Fonz from Happy Days said he was wrong more than yourself.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote: Mon 28 Aug 2023 5:38pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 27 Aug 2023 12:10am His last kick summed him up. Received hands in space and launched a high up and under torpedo.

Panicky and far to many unforced errors.
So, 87.5% disposal efficiency and one turnover for the game equates to "too many unforced errors?"

I usually enjoy your witty unique perspective on things like Umps, AFL conspiracy theories and so on, but I reckon with respect to the lad's performance on Saturday night that you're .... what's the word that I'm looking for .... oh yeah... Wrong.

I reckon The Fonz from Happy Days said he was wrong more than yourself.

That last kick was marked by Marshall. Zac Dawson had elite disposal %

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Big Max
Club Player

Remember how Ross Lyon was a fan of McWalter, Robert Eddy and Clint Jones but not so much of Luke Ball?

Ryan Byrnes, may lack talent but he can run and spread, as required by the coach. Jack Billings, by contrast has talent but he doesn't have the run and spread of Byrnes.

Our coach prefers run over talent.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Big Max wrote: Mon 28 Aug 2023 7:50pm Remember how Ross Lyon was a fan of McWalter, Robert Eddy and Clint Jones but not so much of Luke Ball?

Ryan Byrnes, may lack talent but he can run and spread, as required by the coach. Jack Billings, by contrast has talent but he doesn't have the run and spread of Byrnes.

Our coach prefers run over talent.
Don't think so. X 2.

And how would you then explain Max King.