Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Ferg was ok. He made a few costly mistakes, but overall he kept a very dangerous forward in LeCras quiet for most of the game. He has the ability to be a competent AFL player, but he isn't needed at St Kilda.

He didn't embarrass himself, but he did nothing to make it hard to drop him next week.

Sam23
SS Life Member

He smashed Lecras.

Lecras kicked one goal from a free.

One snap and the last goal of the game open square 50 etc.

You've got to be kidding he was terrible?

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I know Fergs did not play a great game tonight, but he was no where near as bad as some of you make out.
The kid has not played an AFL game since the final against Adelaide in 2005.

Its 2 years between drinks and came into a pressure cooker of a game.
Needs to be given a chance to find some confidence, can hardly make comment "not up to AFL standard" after not playing for near on 2 years.

I think some people on this forum are too quick to shoot our players down. EG: X man only a couple of weeks on this forum was called a dud and a first class hack. Funny played 2 good games since even tonight with a corky he received in the first half. Now I don't hear anyone bitching about X since...

FFS give the Fergs a chance, stop shooting at the mouth on one game.
Funny its the same people on here every time that shoot down a player and it will be the same people that will eat humble pie every time

AND LAY OF BIRSS, I thought he was alright tonight..

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:AND LAY OF BIRSS, I thought he was alright tonight..
Birss could be a gun if he learns to keep his feet around contests. The amount of times he just falls over if he has to change direction or he cops a bit of physical pressure is ridiculous. However his disposal and tackling is very good. In our best 22, but only just.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I agree that the comments about on Ferguson are harsh. He was serviceable keeping LeCras quiet for most of the game. Sure he looked nervous and sometimes out of his depth, but name me one player who is 2 years out of the game and is able to pick it up straight away. He laid two very good tackles with 2nd and 3rd efforts and in my opinion, did enough to deserve a second game next week.

I thought Birss was good in patches. I thought Joey was ordinary for the most part. I thought Sam Fisher was out of position and played accordingly. I thought Gram's second half disposal was grim.

But I save my biggest serve for last. Nick Dal Santo was very very average tonight for a player of his quality. He's gone backwards this year in my opinion.

I thought Roo was great. Hayes terrific. Kosi good. Ball serviceable. Fiora in patches...very good finishing. Milne good in patches. Blake out of his speed depth against Cousins. Maguire clearly beaten. Gilbert good in the first half.

Beaten by a better team who were under strength but are Geelong's main challenger in my view.
Last edited by SENsei on Sat 25 Aug 2007 12:59am, edited 1 time in total.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I know Fergs did not play a great game tonight, but he was no where near as bad as some of you make out.
The kid has not played an AFL game since the final against Adelaide in 2005.

Its 2 years between drinks and came into a pressure cooker of a game.
Needs to be given a chance to find some confidence, can hardly make comment "not up to AFL standard" after not playing for near on 2 years.

I think some people on this forum are too quick to shoot our players down. EG: X man only a couple of weeks on this forum was called a dud and a first class hack. Funny played 2 good games since even tonight with a corky he received in the first half. Now I don't hear anyone bitching about X since...

FFS give the Fergs a chance, stop shooting at the mouth on one game.
Funny its the same people on here every time that shoot down a player and it will be the same people that will eat humble pie every time

AND LAY OF BIRSS, I thought he was alright tonight..

appreciate your insightful comments on matty......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I agree about the harsh comments on Ferguson. He was serviceable keeping LeCras quiet for most of the game. Sure he looked nervous and sometimes out of his depth, but name me one player who is 2 years out of the game and is able to pick it up straight away. He laid two very good tackles with 2nd and 3rd efforts and in my opinion, did enough to deserve a second game next week.

I thought Birss was good in patches. I thought Joey was ordinary for the most part. I thought Sam Fisher was out of position and played accordingly. I thought Gram's second half disposal was grim.

But I save my biggest serve for last. Nick Dal Santo was very very average tonight for a player of his quality. He's gone backwards this year in my opinion.

I thought Roo was great. Hayes terrific. Kosi good. Ball serviceable. Fiora in patches...very good finishing. Milne good in patches. Blake out of his speed depth against Cousins. Maguire clearly beaten. Gilbert good in the first half.

Beaten by a better team who were under strength but are Geelong's main challenger in my view.
Best post I have seen all night IMO...
Finally a person who can post without asking for a players blood and calling them every name under the sun.
Its called constructed criticism and I happen to agree with everything you have said.

As for dal sadly you are spot on, its a real shame to see.
I am hoping we see the dal of old back next year bigger and better.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
widereceiver
Club Player

Ferg not as bad as some have made out. LeCras had some lucky breaks that made his game look like sh1te.

And would that stupid woman behind me stop calling him Fiona - he has done enough to earn our respect in what has a been a pretty dismal year. Wish he'd kicked that goal though!

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
luckysaint
Club Player

i thought Ferg was alright tonight considering the quality ball that Le Cras kept on receiving. That holding the ball decision from the weird advantage call wasn't his fault either.

locoplayaz
Club Player

Ferguson was s***. That was the weakest, most pathetic attempt to tackle someone I have EVER seen. Cost us the game.. He had him, and what does he do fall over like some weakling - With the entire season on the line!!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:And would that stupid woman behind me stop calling him Fiona - he has done enough to earn our respect in what has a been a pretty dismal year. Wish he'd kicked that goal though!
Funny you should meantion Fizz... In the 2nd half tonight even Ch7 were saying how Fiora would have gained a lot of respect within the footy world this year with how much he has improved.

Its great to see, he has so much more in him, I think he will only get better.

Great stuff really :) lets hope the feel good story of fizz continues on.

In Ross Get lost!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

if Fiora could get his kicking right, he would be a gun

Ferguson didn't have a great game, but was far from our worst

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The best players from the AFL website:
BEST

West Coast: M Priddis Q Lynch D Glass B Cousins D Cox D Wirrpanda.
St Kilda: L Hayes N Riewoldt N Dal Santo S Fisher R Clarke.

Would've had Kosi in front of Dal & Fisher. I actually didn't think either were in our best six. Don't care what the stats sheet says.

My six would be: Riewoldt, Hayes, Koschitzke, Gram, Montagna, Ball, Fiora, then probably Dal & S Fisher. R Clarke in the mix also.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:Ferguson was s***. That was the weakest, most pathetic attempt to tackle someone I have EVER seen. Cost us the game.. He had him, and what does he do fall over like some weakling - With the entire season on the line!!
Good work. The entire season rested on the tackling of a player playing his first game in 2 seasons?

Seriously?

What about:
1. Riewoldt trying to pass to Gehrig from 15m instead of kicking the goal?
2. What about Voss giving away a 50m penalty?
3. What about Dal getting advantage, going backwards, getting us into trouble and causing a goal?
4. What about Fraser Gehrig dropping a mark after doing all the good work to get Glass under the ball?

I seriously doubt you can blame Ferguson for our season being on the line. Seriously.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I thought Ferguson went quite well considering LaCras is no mug. Kicked a few in the end but he's kicked a few bags this year (30 odd goals).

Birss made a few shockers, as did Leigh Fisher but both did some great work too, Attard was excellent- just an easy target for some as they like to see the pretty stuff. Raph let himself down after a good game last week.

Rather than look for scapegoats just understand we got pipped by a better side on the night. They've got much better depth than us & that's something that Ross has to work on.

locoplayaz
Club Player

Eagles guy running inot open goal, Feguson chasing..

Ferguson catches up to him...

2 Points the diff (Season on the line) 20 second left in the game and he Sticks out 1 hand and falls over - Piss weak effort -

Eagle guy walks into open goal GAME OVER

Could have drilled him, caught him, tackled him ANYTHING, M.Ferguson hang your head in SHAME!!!!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:Eagles guy running inot open goal, Feguson chasing..

Ferguson catches up to him...

2 Points the diff (Season on the line) 20 second left in the game and he Sticks out 1 hand and falls over - Piss weak effort -

Eagle guy walks into open goal GAME OVER

Could have drilled him, caught him, tackled him ANYTHING, M.Ferguson hang your head in SHAME!!!!
Oh yes and lets go back to 2005 when against Freo over there "whispers in the sky game" when peckett didn't get rid of the ball in time with seconds to go... gees we would have had a home final if we had won that game and frankie had got rid of the ball before being tackled.

FAIR DINKUM.. you can't blame one player for losing the game. Why don't we look at all our errors tonight well before the dieing 20 seconds of the game..
There were other errors that cost us a goal or gave them a goal well before the last tackle of the match.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

In Ross Get lost!

locoplayaz
Club Player

Would Bakes have made that tackle..? Gilbo, Lenny, Ball???

HELL YES

Ferguson go back to the VFL and off the Saints list for good, no room for pathetic weaklings like you!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:Would Bakes have made that tackle..? Gilbo, Lenny, Ball???

HELL YES

Ferguson go back to the VFL and off the Saints list for good, no room for pathetic weaklings like you!
You should watch the game before commenting because clearly you havent seen it. Bye.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff loco.

<places loco on personal ignore list>

:roll:

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

locoplayaz wrote:Would Bakes have made that tackle..? Gilbo, Lenny, Ball???

HELL YES

Did I mention before about constructive criticism

Maybe you want to look it up.... the name calling makes you look so big and brave.

"Pathetic weakling" dare you to say it to his face.....

FFS the name calling is like being in the school yard.

In Ross Get lost!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ignore it, DSG. Not worthy of response.

locoplayaz
Club Player

That's why the our club will never be where it should be, supporters like you 2 who think efforts like that rubbish are acceptable!!!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Loco living up to your name.

Stupid post.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Any negativity on Ferg is a bit harsh. Geeze LeCrass, Hanson, Q-Stick, ... are all handy. This was West Coast not Carlton. If he was completely towelled up by hacks you'd be worried, but not tonight. Tall and loks to have beefed up. I thought not a bad first up effort.