Can I just say....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Can I just say....

THANKYOU StKILDA!!!

I know the scoreline has massive implications tonight.... but geez..... you've restored my faith in the football club.

You took the best side in the competition (forget Geelong, they will be found out next month).... on head-on, to create the match of the season...

Let's face it, even if we make the finals, history suggests it's too much to ask for the ultimate goal from the lower reaches of the 8...... but I am now quite confident we have found a brand of football - and a structure - that will put us firmly back in the top 4 in 2008....

Go Saints - and thankyou again for putting on a fantastic display of all the great aspects of the modern game - clearly the best we've played all season...

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I miss the days when we only used to be pleased when we were busy putting opposition teams to the wall and belting them into submission with barbaric ferocity...

Expectations have changed, I suppose.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Everton.... i do take your point..... perhaps my post missed the intent of what was running around in my fading brain....

All I'm getting at is - I feel our form and structure is 8 goals better than it was 10 weeks ago - if we miss the 8 it will be for our sins between round 1 - mid-season break....... not the last 6 weeks (yes, I know we blew collingwood and bulldogs... but we were far worse in the first half of the season)....

I'm confident things are starting to click... in 2008 I'm sure we will see a more +ve result

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Everton.... i do take your point..... perhaps my post missed the intent of what was running around in my fading brain....

All I'm getting at is - I feel our form and structure is 8 goals better than it was 10 weeks ago - if we miss the 8 it will be for our sins between round 1 - mid-season break....... not the last 6 weeks (yes, I know we blew collingwood and bulldogs... but we were far worse in the first half of the season)....

I'm confident things are starting to click... in 2008 I'm sure we will see a more +ve result
the stats say that we are horrible after three quarter time...and that is an indictement on the coaching panel....................

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Yep Stinger agree with you too - maybe my glasses turned 'rose colored' during the game..... but i just found it a highly entertain, fast moving game.... and i really felt we looked dangerous and capable right down to the wire....

It's clear the Coaching committee need to:
- answer to members at the AGM why such significant fadeouts have occurred in 4th qtr this year
- address the issue in a postive fashion over the preseason

I can't put my finger on it, but I saw (felt) something that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling for next year.... hopefully i'm right

widereceiver
Club Player

Tonight we faded after half time. At least it gives you some hope that they fought it out in the last quarter. I agree with the other thread we don't look fit enough.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
lefty
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:Everton.... i do take your point..... perhaps my post missed the intent of what was running around in my fading brain....

If the plan is to kick to Reiwault every time, then forget it.

If he was not playing, we would not have gone forward.

Simple as that.