To all those who left when we were 17 points behind....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

To all those who left when we were 17 points behind....

Anyone bolt back into the ground when you found out that we could still snatch the game?? Feel a little foolish when you found out we were one decent clearance and a mark inside 50 away from snatching the game??

Personally I would have been proud to feel part of a very special club if we'd got up. Those who stick it out to the end!!! Its like watching the credits of a movie...occasionally you get a nice surprise at the end!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Re: To all those who left when we were 17 points behind....

saint66au wrote:...occasionally you get a nice surprise at the end!!

Same thing happened to me in Thailand once..... :P

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

my stance on going home early is that it is pathetic and week, but having said that the words pathetic and weak resemble our team and the result last night.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: To all those who left when we were 17 points behind....

saint66au wrote:Anyone bolt back into the ground when you found out that we could still snatch the game?? Feel a little foolish when you found out we were one decent clearance and a mark inside 50 away from snatching the game??

Personally I would have been proud to feel part of a very special club if we'd got up. Those who stick it out to the end!!! Its like watching the credits of a movie...occasionally you get a nice surprise at the end!!

We still lost.

I bet "those" people didnt feel too foolish when they were in their cars not listening to that WCE song.

I usually get stuck into people who leave early.....BUT upon maturity I realise a lot of these people have young kids and stuff and cant afford waiting the extra 40 mins in traffic....especially for night games.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I was never gonna leave til the siren rang, but once we clearly had lost it (just before we got that fifty meter to set up the penultimate goal of the game) I ran quickly down to the exit and watched through there for the final agonising twenty-one seconds...

it was like having someone reach into your chest, pull out your beating heart, squash it into a pulp and then forcefeed it straight abck down your throat....

The siren rang and I bolted to get out of the ground before I could hear too much of that god awful song... punching and kicking the s*** out of evrything I could find....

we got free mother at the base of the dome for some reason and i usually don't go for energy drinks but i took one cos my throat was aprched and downed it quickly - what the hell is that s***.... it tastes weird....

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Pledged never to leave a game early after Rnd 22, 2001.

Hanging around that night bore amazing fruit. Just a personal thing.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

me and dad used to always leave early, winning or not we would go at about the 20min mark of the last quarter. the only hames i remember satying until full time were the 2 brisbane games at the dome where there were a kick in it! 03 and 04? or 04 and 05?
but yeah, dad used to hate getting stuck in the crowds and so did i. but now i pretty much live for the saints so if it ment that i would be leaving early or walking home, i would go for the exercise! :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

my dad is a huge fan of leaving early...i hate it

thats why i hardly ever go with him anymore :wink:

iv got a mate whose family a few years back decided to leave about 15mins into the quarter because the game was a 'certain' win to us...10 minutes later they would hear the radio commentators screaming as troy schwarze put through the winner

oh i like laughing at them for that

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Call me a dirty rat or whatever, but on a Friday night at 10:30pm when I'd been up since 6am and having over an hour to travel home, having to listen to those drug runners celebrate would have tipped me over the edge, mentally.

I will leave early when I want to, if our players aren't going to show up in the second half, what reason is there for me to stay to support such a pyss-poor effort?

I do not care one bit whether anyone thinks I'm gutless or not supporting my team, I choose to think of it that I love my team so much seeing them lose is like seeing a pet get run over by a car, and I aint going to watch that. It hurts too much for me to watch.