Hille & Welsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nicko016
Club Player

If you swapped Welsh for a pacy midfielder trhen it would be worth giving some good consideration.

There are a fair few ruckmen ahead of Hille who I'd target but his numbers are actually a bit better than I thought. Had a bit of a down year compared to previous years where head had good numbers despite his ruckwork not being great. In 2005-2006 he averaged 7 contested possesions, 14 disposals, 17 hitouts and over 3 clearences per game. He is relatively durable and is a tireless worker but according to AFL Prospectus his percentage of winning the hitout was worst among the top 20-hitout winners. He was also handy around goals and with goal assists. However, I don't really have that many stats for this season.

So, if we could get a good pacy midfielder into the deal it'd be worth considering. WHile Hille's ruckwork isn't that good it would give us a genuine #1 ruckmen and then if he could develop his tapwork he'd become a very good ruckmen.

luckysaint
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
Eastern wrote:I think you will find that Mr. Hille has personal issues dating back to his VCE year on the Peninsula where 2 of his clasmates lost their lives in a car crash that should never have hapened !!
This is from memory so someone call fill any gaps...

His dad Ray is and was at the time of the accident the Principal of The Peninsula School where the 7 students were in a car driven by a young man named Gene ******* who was 17 at the time. He lost control and three were killed and two seriously injured.

D.Hill was in the passenger seat and like the driver walked away uninjured.
I don't really think that this sort of talk has any real purpose when discussing his trade value. let's move on

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Anyway..back on topic...

Hille is 201cm.....

Hille's main issue is his inconsistency....

His best is actually very good.

His game against the Crows this year was described by N Craig as the best exhibition of ruckwork that he had seen...which is pretty fair praise.

Converesely he goes missing and can play some shockers.....

Ottens like...or rather the "old" Ottens. Can he be made as consitent as the "new" Ottens....ah that is the question.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

And as for Welsh...@189cm why would you be interested???? We have ample flankers...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:And as for Welsh...@189cm why would you be interested???? We have ample flankers...
But that is part od the deal. Big footy said both need to be traded for pick 9 so we will have to get both. the guys on the big footy would know I would think.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

translation :

Essendon clear out 2 dead wood they were going to delist anyway and get a free pick 9...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Hilles actually a tight wad, he was going to buy my brothers house and wouldnt pay the extra $5k :wink:

Before Im 85
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Hilles actually a tight wad, he was going to buy my brothers house and wouldnt pay the extra $5k :wink:
sheedy wouldn't give him the pay rise to pay for it :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Junior
Club Player

Of what relevance is what happened when he was at school.

I think it is inappropiate and offensive and serves no purpose to raise the issue.

As a parent with two children at the Peninsula school i can tell you that the school community is still hurt by the events of that night., not to mention the families involved.

How about people show some respct for those that lost their lives.

At the end of the day it was a bunch of teenagers that made a mistake they will live with for the rest of their lives.

I have been a member of this forum for many years and have always respected your opinion Eastern but you have over stepped the mark.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:And as for Welsh...@189cm why would you be interested???? We have ample flankers...
But that is part od the deal. Big footy said both need to be traded for pick 9 so we will have to get both. the guys on the big footy would know I would think.
I prefer deals where we get what we need....rather than deals where our opposition just get what they need.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
your sarcasm makes me laugh plugger. keep it up :D

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SaintWodonga
Club Player

No thanks to both of them... Let's keep pick number 9...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
dodgey
Club Player

Hille's 2007 was down after Laycock forced his way into the side and got game-time....at Hille's expense. Hille cracked the s***s and thta was one of the main reason's he was dropped late in the season. he only got a reprieve in RD 22 when Ryder was a late withdrawal. He was a big influence in us getting back into the game in the last Q vWCE but Cox smashed him in the first 3 Q's.

Woosha had a better 2007 than 2006....

If you had offered this trade senario up 12 months ago I would have siad YES to Welsh and NO to Hille ( he did captain us in Lloyd's absense '06)....but Now I'd almost be the opposite.

Hille needs to get some mongrel into him...... Which is why I'm hoping we get Hardwick or Guy McKenna as coach ( would like harvey but he'll stay in the west)

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I'm loving your sarcasm recently plugger. Gold. :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.