Why Demetriou likes RB's management of St.Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why Demetriou likes RB's management of St.Kilda

Demetriou has publically endorsed RB's team re the financial management of our club.

This is the way I see it from his/the AFL's perspective:

1. The club has been profitable for 3 years now - the AFL wants this for all clubs for a strong comp.

2. We are the 2nd highest rating Vic team - ie. good for relationships with TV networks.

3. We are not a threat to the "big" clubs - ie. Essendon, Collingwood, WCE, Adelaide etc re taking corporate sponsorship/revenue streams off them.

4. We haven't dipped into the CBF.

5. If the measurement of success is as a team onfield is making the Prelim finals at least once a decade, we have more than achieved that. (Can't expect more than one flag per 16 years!)

So how good a list is that for Demetriou/AFL??

Does he care about details such as spending on the footy dept to ultimately deliver a flag?

Does he care about increasing our Revenue base in line with the huge latent (ie. TV watching) supporter base we have?

No - he doesn't - there is only one flag per year and plenty of other teams in Melbourne to share the spoils of Revenue pie also....and that is taking any biases out of the equation.

My suggestion - dip into the CBF if necessary - spend big.....do all that it takes to get more revenue in.

Demetriou will have to support whoever is running our club to some extent.

It's the way they manipulate the system to best advantage of the club that will determine their success to a large degree.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
JeffDunne

RB does the AFL's bidding in president meetings and has done so for a number of years.

Why wouldn't he support him?

congorozides
Club Player

Re: Why Demetriou likes RB's management of St.Kilda

saintspremiers wrote:Demetriou has publically endorsed RB's team re the financial management of our club.

1. The club has been profitable for 3 years now - the AFL wants this for all clubs for a strong comp.

2. We are the 2nd highest rating Vic team - ie. good for relationships with TV networks.

3. We are not a threat to the "big" clubs - ie. Essendon, Collingwood, WCE, Adelaide etc re taking corporate sponsorship/revenue streams off them.

5. If the measurement of success is as a team onfield is making the Prelim finals at least once a decade, we have more than achieved that. (Can't expect more than one flag per 16 years!)

Does he care about details such as spending on the footy dept to ultimately deliver a flag?

Does he care about increasing our Revenue base in line with the huge latent (ie. TV watching) supporter base we have?

No - he doesn't - there is only one flag per year and plenty of other teams in Melbourne to share the spoils of Revenue pie also....and that is taking any biases out of the equation.

My suggestion - dip into the CBF if necessary - spend big.....do all that it takes to get more revenue in.

It's the way they manipulate the system to best advantage of the club that will determine their success to a large degree.
You should expect 2 grand final appearances every 16 years or one every 8. We havent been there in 10. And you should expect 2 Pre-lim losses every 16 years. SO you should get 4 prelim appearances every 16 years or 1 every 4 years (8 over 32 year blocks). We have had 2. And what worries me is we are already below everage and we appear to be in the decline.
We currently have 4 players of AFL standard under 23. On Saturday Collingwood won a final with 9 players under 23.

I also dont rate anything Demetriou says, so forget about whther we get his endorsement or not.

SaInts are not doing well enough. Time for a change if the new people are more competent than the old. Im not sure how we can know that but im certainly prepared to give them a serious chance to present their case and they deserve to be listened to.

goodie
Club Player

The fact that Demetriou supports Butterss is more likely to negatively influence opinion rather than positively. Fonzie's credibility isn't exactly at an all time high

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why Demetriou likes RB's management of St.Kilda

congorozides wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Demetriou has publically endorsed RB's team re the financial management of our club.

You should expect 2 grand final appearances every 16 years or one every 8. We havent been there in 10. And you should expect 2 Pre-lim losses every 16 years. SO you should get 4 prelim appearances every 16 years or 1 every 4 years (8 over 32 year blocks). We have had 2. And what worries me is we are already below everage and we appear to be in the decline.
We currently have 4 players of AFL standard under 23. On Saturday Collingwood won a final with 9 players under 23.

I also dont rate anything Demetriou says, so forget about whther we get his endorsement or not.

SaInts are not doing well enough. Time for a change if the new people are more competent than the old. Im not sure how we can know that but im certainly prepared to give them a serious chance to present their case and they deserve to be listened to.
How may GF and preliminary finals had we played in the previous hundred years? Id say as far as finals was concerned we were pretty successful in RB time even though we couldnt get the big one but we have only got that once 110 years.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Sorry, but can anyone point me to where The Boss has come out and supported Butterss? They have been strangely silent from the AFL...no statement that they don"t want to see an EGM. no support for Butterss at all.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:The fact that Demetriou supports Butterss is more likely to negatively influence opinion rather than positively. Fonzie's credibility isn't exactly at an all time high
Goodie, if that is your real name. I have some advice for you. You need to chill out a bit, and stop attacking my buddies, otherwise Richie's dad will be gettin' all upset. Are we clear on this?

Now lets go for some burgers and shakes!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

killa_gram
Club Player

I would have thought Dimwit needs to get his own house in order before commenting on others.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
congorozides
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
goodie wrote:The fact that Demetriou supports Butterss is more likely to negatively influence opinion rather than positively. Fonzie's credibility isn't exactly at an all time high
Goodie, if that is your real name. I have some advice for you. You need to chill out a bit, and stop attacking my buddies, otherwise Richie's dad will be gettin' all upset. Are we clear on this?

Now lets go for some burgers and shakes!
brilliant post!