hasleby to st kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote: Get Haselby and then allow Dal Santo to play more of an outside role, and use his evasive skills to advantage. Ditto Joey.

Neither Dal or Joey are that quick. A bit quicker than pedestrian, but they are not speedsters by any stretch of the imagination.

Still Hasleby would be a fair replacement for Thommo and at a 3rd round pick he wouldn't be a bad price.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:haselby for our second rounder
... Third rounder...
no second...

freo would laugh at a third round offer unless it came with a player to boot...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:haselby for our second rounder
... Third rounder...
no second...

freo would laugh at a third round offer unless it came with a player to boot...
Remember, Freo tried to screw us over with the Heath Black deals. Payback time? !!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the past is in the past

if as a football club we worry about screwing other clubs over or payback we will bugger it all up and get caught in unnecessary emotion of it all

just do the deal that best suits us

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I would be reluctant to let a 2nd rounder go for him. Maybe a downgrade/upgrade pick swapping situation would do something

Carpe Diem
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Remember, Freo tried to screw us over with the Heath Black deals. Payback time? !!
They offered us a second rounder and we wouldn't take it. What makes you think they'll take a second rounder for Hasleby? Hasleby's a much better player than Black, even when he's not 100%. They'll want pick 9, and I imagine they'd rather he left via the PSD than take a mid second round pick for him.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I would jump at taking Haselby for a 2nd rounder.

You never know what we will end up with pick wise after Judd's decision today. Moving #9 to someone for a player/ later 1st round selection may see us end up with multiple 2nd round picks.

I suppose we also need to consider Armo's development as a player. He's not a jet but a reasonably quick inside mid so having Hasleby in front of him may see us with a glut of hard nosed mids with limited legspeed.

casey scorp
Club Player

crannypete wrote:was out drinking with saints players the other night too
Oh When the Saints wrote:A bit of background:

- A couple of weight issues which seem to have been sorted
Hmmmm. Dunno. Mightn't have enough natural discipline to be a drinker as well as an athlete.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:adrian fletcher is the player he reminds me off.
Then we should jump at him.

He was an excellent player that left when he was asked to take a pay cut in order to tempt Greg Williams to the club.

That didn't work and Fletcher was made an offer to go to Brisbane.

Fletcher was an excellent user of the football and knew how to find it. Yes he was slow but he was rarely caught with the footy.

crannypete
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:

Hmmmm. Dunno. Mightn't have enough natural discipline to be a drinker as well as an athlete.

having a few beers after the season is ok brother you got to let your hairs down too

if anyone cares what i think i reckon he would be a good pick up for a second round draft pick or a third plus ok player and about $250K a years with bonues for number of matches played

anyway he has to get here first it doesnunt really matter what the palyer wants if the clubs wont deal but he has the psd to revert to and i dont think richmond or carlton or melbourne will want him they want young players

best he go to a club what will be finals contenders next year and he is just a top up type player to a good base which is the saints

Iratedebate
Club Player

I would be reluctant to let a 2nd rounder go for him. Maybe a downgrade/upgrade pick swapping situation would do something
Getting Haselby for a 2nd rounder would be an absolute steal, so i dont see where the reluctance lies. A 2nd round pick in not an overly strong draft for Haselby would definitely be a win for our club IMO.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I'm sick of everyone going on about how slow our midfield is, it seems that one commentator said it one day and then everyone just copied him.
Dal, Hayes, Joey and a fit Ball are not a slow midfield and anyway skill beats speed.
Add Gram, Xavier (after a pre-season) and Gilbert into the midfield rotations and we a fast enough midfield.
Now you normally never trade your draft picks but the draft this year is expected to be weaker than normal and I don't think I have ever seen a trading year as strong as this one so I think we should take a chance.
I would give up a 2nd round pick for Haselby any day of the week.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

You raise a good point in it not being a strong draft. Though at the same time I just don't want to miss out on a potential montagna or goose at the 2nd round(though it could go either way, like a ferguson).

Carpe Diem
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:adrian fletcher is the player he reminds me off.
Then we should jump at him.

He was an excellent player that left when he was asked to take a pay cut in order to tempt Greg Williams to the club.

That didn't work and Fletcher was made an offer to go to Brisbane.

Fletcher was an excellent user of the football and knew how to find it. Yes he was slow but he was rarely caught with the footy.
concur, i think fletcher was a massive loss for us. a very underrated player who earned his keep and the respect of his colleagues.

the difference between fletcher and haselby is that there has been some suggestions that haselby has attitude issues, and wont do the hard yards.

fletcher always put in, and while he lacked pace, he was steal motoring 30 mins into the 4th quarter while others were gone.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

crannypete wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

having a few beers after the season is ok brother you got to let your hairs down too

if anyone cares what i think i reckon he would be a good pick up for a second round draft pick or a third plus ok player and about $250K a years with bonues for number of matches played

anyway he has to get here first it doesnunt really matter what the palyer wants if the clubs wont deal but he has the psd to revert to and i dont think richmond or carlton or melbourne will want him they want young players

best he go to a club what will be finals contenders next year and he is just a top up type player to a good base which is the saints
I agree.

Second rounder but Harvey will play hard ball....he hates us.

“Yeah….nah””
fisher_fan
Club Player

2nd rounder

Nothing more than that. If haselby really wants to play for St Kilda like it is said than Freo will have to take it. No other club would want him in the pre-season draft if he wasnt interested in playing for them so they would get nothing.....

At the risk of sounding like a total d**khead is Haselby from Vic originally??? I have gone blank

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

he's worth as much to them as black was to us so on that basis a second rnd would do fine.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Lets trade Howard and Raymond for him..........

A 2 for 1 dud deal.....

:P

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I'm astonished with the seriousness people are taking from a Crannypete post.

He'd fit in well to our team, not sure what freo would want for him though?

woooosaints
Club Player

hes worth a 1st rounder but at most all we should give away is a 2nd rounder

fisher_fan
Club Player

offer 2nd round pick, if not taken then move on. he is not a necessity by any means to the future of the club. just use the pic to recruit another player.....he is not worth a first round pick to us at the moment....we don't need him that much

Sam23
SS Life Member

Haselby is a gun.

I'd do it for Pick 27 + Xavier.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

a gun?

Not for the last three years and he only has 5 ma years left in him..

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:I'm astonished with the seriousness people are taking from a Crannypete post.
He just seems to be in the 'know' and what not. Well with some things. That adelaide hotel prank call thing I found an amusing thread.

Carpe Diem
Sam23
SS Life Member

He needs to shed a few KGs.

But he's a v. good player. A cog below Lenny, watch the first 8 rounds this year to see how good he is.

Need to make sure his groins are ok though?