Do you believe or just hope?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Do you believe or just hope?

Is it your belief that we can still grab that elusive flag or do you feel the window has passed.

I am certain that our best years will still be 08-11 with Riewoldt,Dal,Lenny,Kosi,Monty,Goose ,Sam Fisher ,Goddard,Ball ,Baker ,Maxi and Sam Gilbert forming the nuclues of a bloody good side that will there abouts.

Have never doubted Ross Lyon for a second and feel that after a year of sorting out who is who and with a likely improvement in the injury management area that we will see a vastly improved unit next year...

We also desperately need stability off the field and this will hopefully be achieved after the AGM in November when hopefully the club can move forward as a single minded ,united group.

I passionately believe that great things are destined for this talented group and that the recent adversity will make us stronger...

Where do you stand?
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 16 Sep 2007 8:58pm, edited 4 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I beleive, at times though I hang onto my hope when things arn't so group. Though I mean you got to beleive don't you? otherwise there isn't much point.

Carpe Diem
battye
Saintsational Legend

I think we will need to wait until round 5 next year to have a good indication. Too early to say.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

No doubt that 2008 will be a 'make-or-break' season for St Kilda on and off the field.

1. Must play finals and show that we can beat the best sides in September.

2. Must have unity at the top, and hopefully this will be achieved one way or the other come November.

I hope both of these things will happen ... I strongly believe the first one will, but with the second it is more just a sense of hope ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i believed in 04 and 05
since then i have just hoped

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Any belief/ confidence that I have had has been shattered too many times (91/92..97/98/99..04/05/06/07).

Hope is sometimes all that we have...when supporting St.Kilda.

asiu

i know it

and if you other dudes and dudettes dont 'know' it as well ......it will be your fault if we dont

:)

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I believe we will be top 4 in 2008, and top 6 in 2009. Whether we win a flag in those years is up to luck. Beyond that it's up to recruitment and development, which i've not had much faith in recently.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Strong Belief and Faith in RL and the Boys to get back into September Action. GF by 2010. Premiership by 2011. Fingers Crossed.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

No doubt in my mind this group can win a flag...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

believe

if you just hope considering the group of boys this club has assembled then you know sweet f.a about football

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

"Hope or BURN" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

woooosaints
Club Player

i think the only way we are in the chance for a flag if we get lucky in the draft and draft up some quality mids if watts steps up and kicks 60 goals a season if brooks steps up and picks up the number 1 ruck spot that has been waiting for him for 3 years or if gardener steps to his AA days