Steven King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joey
Club Player

Steven King

Just a question, on SEN someone just said that if he came up for trade the saints would be interested. Would we want him?

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stephen King

Joey wrote:Just a question, on SEN someone just said that if he came up for trade the saints would be interested. Would we want him?

No

he's 28

Injury prone

and the game has past him by

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Joey wrote:Just a question, on SEN someone just said that if he came up for trade the saints would be interested. Would we want him?
yep we have vacancies in our hospital wing...

and with knobel and doc clarke already gone we need another carbon rod to make the other goal post with B4Es lovechild.

stephen king in his day was one of the elite ruckmen of the competition, but after clarke and monkey and crapuano, aren't YOU tired of seeing 6 foot 8 turtles wearing teh red white and black?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joey
Club Player

it was just a comment because it was mentioned, i personally think that we should try and draft a ruckman and develop what we have. but seeing that last year we went for two older ruckman there is a possibility that the club would go after him

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
GrumpyOne

Tells a rattling good yarn, but as a player, no.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

its Steven King...and no thanks

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

my moral objection against geelong is 1 reason against it.

another reason is that he is injury prone and quite frankly just no good.

have we not had enough recycled ruckmen already?!

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mark Fine's comment on Stephen King....."the movie title White men can't jump was written about him"

We do not need another average hack ruckman, we have enough filling that role currently and recently departed.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

King>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RIX so why not just get rid of Rix

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:King>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RIX so why not just get rid of Rix
i think because rix actualy gets on to the field occassionally while king stars from the surgery table.

Im no fan of rix, but I dont fancy my palty membership donation being used to contribute for another add another wing to the epworth.

SHUT UP KRIME!
peter lockwood
Club Player

I know i.ll be shouted down, but honestly we need to get someone experienced down there in case Gardiner doesnt get up.Kosi will be more than busy taking over from Gehrig.With that we may well have Rix and Brookes rucking.I want to see us draft a ruckman to develop with Van Reehan but that will take up to 3 years to be fruitful.
Do we want to go somewhere next year or just right off and rebuild now.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

If he played 8 games he would be more value than Rix in 22.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Why don't we run our own Draft Camp for Recycled Ruckmen (DCRR) and invite

King
McDonald
Hudson
Meeson
Jolly
Brooks

to attend.

A selection panel of Doc Clarke, Trent Knoble and Matthew Crapuano can put them through their paces and we could make an informed decision as to which of them deserve to be our next attempt at finding a ruckman.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Thu 20 Sep 2007 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

After our less than succesful experiments with ancient ruckmen over the last ? years, you would hope that the club has finally learnt a lesson. NO MORE ANCIENT INJURY PRONE RUCKMAN

peter lockwood
Club Player

Are you happy with Rix & Brookes with Blake pinch hitting.If so roll on 08 and watch with intrest as the ball gets tapped continually to the opposing teams players.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:After our less than succesful experiments with ancient ruckmen over the last ? years, you would hope that the club has finally learnt a lesson. NO MORE ANCIENT INJURY PRONE RUCKMAN
after viewing a few potentials I found for our next ruckman...

mervyn Methusulah All Australian 7 times between 1439 and 1452 played 300 games for the saracens before being cut down by the Persian All stars.

after 3 ressurections and some reconstructive testing and Dynolabs he has nominated for the draft after briefly coming out of retirement for the russians as a stop gap player in the crimean war and a brief stint as an England fast Bowler during the 1999 ashes series.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:
after viewing a few potentials I found for our next ruckman...

:lol: :lol:

With talk of extended interchange benches, who knows, 10 minutes on, 20 minutes off. I reckon we could get a couple of years out of him, THEN recruit King

st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

Yes......is better than our current stocks

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Peter Lockwood wrote:
Are you happy with Rix & Brookes with Blake pinch hitting.If so roll on 08 and watch with intrest as the ball gets tapped continually to the opposing teams players.

I take your point, but there is no way some one like King is going to add anything to our team, going on his last few years, maybe look at taking Jolly with a second round draft pick, at least he's half mobile, and not injury prone.

The Jeff
Club Player

No...long way from his best.

FQF
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
I take your point, but there is no way some one like King is going to add anything to our team, going on his last few years, maybe look at taking Jolly with a second round draft pick, at least he's half mobile, and not injury prone.
having a decent tall in the centre is useful, but some people make it he be all and end all.

rating jolly a round 1 top 10 draft pick is pretty daft, also rating him to matt maguire is pretty daft too.

the survival rate of players outside he first round isn't that flash so trading a round 2 pick and say a 200k contract for jolly seems fair as he would slot in between say 15 and 25 on talent at st kilda, at the moment.

SHUT UP KRIME!
peter lockwood
Club Player

I never said I wanted King all I was saying is that we need a seasoned Ruckman, to either help out Gardiner or be our no 1 till someone we draft can stand up.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

peter lockwood wrote:I never said I wanted King all I was saying is that we need a seasoned Ruckman, to either help out Gardiner or be our no 1 till someone we draft can stand up.
that logic was used before

we had a rookie ruckman, brooks and got a couple of stop gaps in knobel, crapuano and hackland... i think the rookie was barham? or soemthing like that.

what if VR never makes it?
we'll end up with VR being abused for failing on the forum, and a stack of pensioners in the hospital waiting room.

replicating the strategy of the past :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
peter lockwood
Club Player

What would you do Dan?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

When a ruckman the calibre of Mark Blake is keeping you out of a side then I think it may be time to give it away.