Our year compared to!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Our year compared to!!

Read a posters thoughts on how OUR club and facility's are shyte compared to West Coasts and could not help but think what would be saying if we had a year like them.

Finish in the finals but go out in straight sets,
Lose someone like Dalsanto to SUBSTANCE abuse
Spend all the money in the world on facility's yet still get injuries that cost us a decent crack at it.
Miss manage injuries during the year to a point where our players with injureis only have 40% input on the ground then miss finals.
Not put pen to paper to someone like MAX because of bad management with the salary cap and contracts so we want to let him go.
And last of all lose our captain ROOEY back to Brisbane and family because the club cant keep him.

You can SPEND all the money you like and it wont make a difference if you dont take care of running the place correctly so yes some may not like some of the decisions our current board has made but imagine if our board had a year like this what would we be doing :roll:

They say our club has a culture i think our supporters also have a culture of making heads roll.

CAN NOT beleive how quick we want to throw a board out on the release of a new ticket that has not produced one decent reason to vote them in they say that the current board have not done this and they have not done that but like above what would they be saying if the board had a year like this.

Where is the new ticket forming over in the West, they will look at the year learn from it and move on without the interuptions and BULLSHYTE that we are inflicting on our club.

We as a club are in a better position than them internally at the moment yet we are in turmoil but hey they have the facility's and the money to SPEND :roll:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
karnaby
Club Player

Re: Our year compared to!!

Saint Mik wrote: We as a club are in a better position than them internally at the moment yet we are in turmoil but hey they have the facility's and the money to SPEND :roll:
For all your earlier points that might be on right or close enough to it, I have to say that I think you are kidding yourself with this last comment, & then there is the slight matter of their results in 2005 & 2006. (Purely from my own pov I wouldn't much care if we just made the finals & had a few hiccups along the way IF we'd won the premiership the previous year!)
Saint Mik wrote: ...that has not produced one decent reason to vote them...
Obviously that is your interpretation. 7500+ members think otherwise.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Saint Mik
Club Player

Karnaby i said internally at the moment as in right now, they are in a crisis and have been putting out spot fires all year which in return has cost them their captain and the best player in the game.

All the money in the world will not replace him or get back the games and finals he missed in 07 so i'm just saying that its not just what is spent on the footy side of things like the promises that most are voting for its how the club is managed that get the best results and from what the coasters have dished up this year we are far from the worsted managed club in the AFL so why are we going through all this????

We as a club, present and past people involved and our supporters need to learn to do things better for the good of the club in general and i'm just not to sure why we always end up in this position that splits everyones opinions yet we all want stability and success for the club.

I could understand it if we had the problems of the West Coast but we dont so where is the problem yes we need to spend more on the certain areas that have been mentioned but we have a board that agrees with this and has alocated more funds for the 08 season yet we still want change why is this ?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintMik PUFF PUFF give remember, Foxy Choota and Ferg want there turn just relax for FARRRRRRRRRRRK SAKE 8-)

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Saint Mik
Club Player

Thats it CURLY ONE sit on the fence 8-)

I'll relax when we have a seconed flag at the club until then we will always have this crap going on because of the decisions that we make. :x

The club need to do things better but relax and dont worry about it, your the type of guy who is happy with the club that is plodding along like WMFC and the two's getting a flag every few years instead of looking at the big picture of running the club making the right decisions and managing the place towards the flag in the ones :? The saints and its supporters are the same and this is the reason why we only have one flag

How is your mate Fergy after last week he would need a PUFF to relax wouldnt he :shock:

karnaby
Club Player

Saint Mik wrote:Karnaby i said internally at the moment as in right now, they are in a crisis and have been putting out spot fires all year which in return has cost them their captain and the best player in the game.
**I do not believe that they are in a crisis internally, the things you mention relate mostly to on-field issues & eveb with those problems they have played in the last 2 GFs, winning one & made the top 4 this year. Excuse me but I believe that makes them "successful" (no matter how much I hate the pr1cks!)

All the money in the world will not replace him or get back the games and finals he missed in 07 so i'm just saying that its not just what is spent on the footy side of things like the promises that most are voting for its how the club is managed that get the best results and from what the coasters have dished up this year we are far from the worsted managed club in the AFL so why are we going through all this????
**we are sufficiently poorly lead that 7500+ members want a change. Personally I am utterly sick of caroline wilson sprouting seemingly insider news about our lastest bitchfight!

We as a club, present and past people involved and our supporters need to learn to do things better for the good of the club in general and i'm just not to sure why we always end up in this position that splits everyones opinions yet we all want stability and success for the club.
** it is years since we had board instability so I think it is not a good choice of words to write that "..we always end up .....". We're in this position because SFF believes they can do a better job than the incumbents, obviously lots of people agree. The fact that it turns into something of a polarised discussion is quite natural & is probably exacerbated be the fact that anyone can really sprout pretty much what they want without having to be answerable for their comments. Certain points get overstated & things just escalate - welcome to Saintsational.

I could understand it if we had the problems of the West Coast but we dont so where is the problem yes we need to spend more on the certain areas that have been mentioned but we have a board that agrees with this and has alocated more funds for the 08 season yet we still want change why is this ?
**we have different problem to WC but we certainly do have problems, having been offered an alternative many are obviously happy to seek change.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Finishing fourth and going out in straight sets is not being successful IMO
that result puts us in a better position than them right now in regards to keeping our players and draft picks.

On all other issues the only thing i can come up with is that a change is as good as a holiday otherwise i'm finding it very hard to see how they are going to do a better job than what the current board has done and will continue to do IF they happen to make it through to the 08 season.

Its a bit of the grass is greener situation IMO :?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Thats right Saint Mik WMFC will be around a lot longer than me due to the work I put in every year not just the good ones. I take it you suppoert Silvan as they followed your ideology buy now forget about the future as I wont be there to sort it out. Three senior flags in 12 years what AFL club has that record think about it go and have a choof!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

lets look at getting our paddock in good shape...there is no point in saying 'oh it could be worse look at team x...they are a rabble etc etc'

we still have a long way to go...some people forget that

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saint Mik
Club Player

About time you got off the fence :lol:

You are correct in what you say it is easy to spend the money go broke and get a flag in our comp but the AFL is about managment not just spending.

And thats my point of this thread all the money in the world will not get you a flag in the afl as promissed from FF.

On WMFC two senior flags that matter really and one in 2000 where the decisions that were made put us down a division after many hard years of trying to succeed without money because of the big spend.

Buy now and forget about the future could be a good slogan for the FFS isnt that what this current board at the saints got us out of???

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Take a bex Mik! You should write drama novels youll die of stress! :? Everything is about spending and management its just how much you want to sugar coat the facts thats all. If we had the Lexus centre Leigh Mathews as coach we still wouldnt have won the flag with our injuries. So Mik just relax and take a bex and a choof.
Last edited by CURLY on Thu 27 Sep 2007 4:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik, your point seems to be that higher revenue and increased football spending does equate to success or stability.

I agree ... but it at least gives you a much better chance of both happening.

Increased spending gives your playing group every possible chance to win a premiership. You could quite easily make the argument that Collingwood wouldn't have won their semi-final were it not for the Lexus Centre. Certainly I doubt whether the Saints facilities would have given us the conditioning to run out the game the way Collingwood did.

Increased spending also improves stability - the coach isn't disgruntled about a lack of resources, the players don't feel as if they aren't properly backed by the board and you don't have members of the playing group (Andrew Thompson) and players parents showing signs of discontent.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
kaos theory
Club Player

saint mik - You post is idiotic.

Last 3 years:
WCE: 1 flag, 2 GFs
Saints: 0 flags, 0 GFs

Does that help clarify things?

Saint Mik
Club Player

Thats all good OWTS but show me the money and then i might vote for them until then they dont get my proxy as i dont have the confidence in the ticket and I'll stick to the current board with a proven record with the funds.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Kaos the thread clearly says our YEAR compared to!! not 05 06, put our year up there with theres and what has happened to them and compare what we have done this year and what they have gone through, if there was ever a board that needs a shake up it is theres but they dont have challengers at board level they will correct there position and move on why cant we do the same is the question.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Thats all good OWTS but show me the money and then i might vote for them until then they dont get my proxy as i dont have the confidence in the ticket and I'll stick to the current board with a proven record with the funds.
Fair enough.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
kaos theory
Club Player

And thats my point of this thread all the money in the world will not get you a flag in the afl as promissed from FF.
oops, sorry...missed this. This is actually more idiotic.

What a great idea. Lets cut back our spending in the footy department further. Who needs injury management? Who needs development of young talent. Who needs elite training facilities?....Who needs scouting & recuiting programs?..... :roll: :roll:

Also, stop creating lies. SFF NEVER gaurenteed a flag. Its all about improving your chances....get it?

With improved:
- recruiting: better likelihood of acquiring better players
- injury management: improved recovery times and improved injury prevention
- training facilities: fitter and better prepared players, improved injury prevention
- player development: better skill development of young players and more quickly
And overall players more happy at a club that offers them the best chance to improve themselves individually & collectively.....

kaos theory
Club Player

Kaos the thread clearly says our YEAR compared to!! not 05 06, put our year up there with theres and what has happened to them and compare what we have done this year and what they have gone through, if there was ever a board that needs a shake up it is theres but they dont have challengers at board level they will correct there position and move on why cant we do the same is the question.
Your post is still idiotic....You are creating false comparision. Why stop at a one-yr comparision, why not a 3 week comparision?

karnaby
Club Player

Saint Mik wrote: Thats all good OWTS but show me the money and then i might vote for them until then they dont get my proxy as i dont have the confidence in the ticket and I'll stick to the current board with a proven record with the funds.
That is fine Mik, it is your decision & good luck to you. Fwiw I haven't given my proxy to anyone yet & I don't intend to until I'm ready, BUT I certainly do not think that those who have given SFF their proxys are necessarily wrong or that they should be labelled as 'sheep' or similar.

Unfortunately there are too many people on here ON BOTH SIDES of the debate who wish to shout down or denigrate their perceived opponents. That is not good for anyone nor does it engender healthy discussion.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Was talking about the money promised from FFS wont get you a flag

Where have i said anything about cutting back spending

Where is the extra money coming from to make all of these improvements that the current board cant seem to find.

Thats right i forgot they havent got a 3.5 million dollar debt to wipe out have they, why is that???