The Big Lie Theory

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:But the facts are that not only was GT sacked and replaced, but a Football Manager was hired and some of the roles that were GT's were split up amongst a number of people.
There's one of the great lies right there.

The decision to hire Sheldon had been made BEFORE GT was sacked.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Well Mischa, I for one tend to believe the publicly stated reasons for GT's sacking.
What were they?

Could you send me a link to them?

To this day, apart from lots of umms and errs, I haven't heard one single consistent reason apart from him not being able to communicate with Gen Y.

I'm not interested in your view on it - just the actual clubs statement on it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Well Mischa, I for one tend to believe the publicly stated reasons for GT's sacking.
What were they?

To this day, apart from lots of umms and errs, I haven't heard one single consistent reason apart from him not being able to communicate with Gen Y.

I'm not interested in your view on it - just the actual clubs statement on it.[/quote]

I'm glad you too are only interested in facts and not posters' opnions stated as facts.

If I had links I would post them, but I don't, so you'll just have to continue to believe what you choose to believe.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:But the facts are that not only was GT sacked and replaced, but a Football Manager was hired and some of the roles that were GT's were split up amongst a number of people.
There's one of the great lies right there.

The decision to hire Sheldon had been made BEFORE GT was sacked.
Which doesn't preclude the role break up being a big factor in his sacking.

I'm sure at some point GT will release a "tell all" memoir, and I'm sure at some point someone will write a view of St. Kilda during the Butterss years - and I'm sure after reading them both, we'll still be no closer to getting to the bottom of what "really" happened.

I tend to think it's a bit from all schools. It's unrealistic to think a personal fallout over $1M isn't going to colour the decision making process. It's also not necessarily the case that the decision had to be made at that time in order to persue the debt (if I'm wrong, please let me know), but once GT was out, the suit was always going to follow quickly... I think that GT's position was in part created to save $$$ (and 500k may sounds a pretty salary for an inexperienced coach, but for a coach + footy dept manager + other, it's a bargain, hence the deal), but when the relationship became questionable, and the recommendation came that the job should be broken up (and the finances existed to make it practicle to undertake best practice), AND the relationship with the board was fractured... GT's failure to play ball with his bosses was only ever going to end one way.

I think the great lie as far as GT's sacking goes is thinking we know the true story.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
What were they?

I'm glad you too are only interested in facts and not posters' opnions stated as facts.

If I had links I would post them, but I don't, so you'll just have to continue to believe what you choose to believe.
So what were the clubs official reasons MM?

Or is their version a part of the big lie?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
What were they?

Maybe it is LeoJ. I don't know and I would humbly suggest that nobody on here does either.

All I'm saying is there is no 'proof' that RB sacked GT for personal reasons, only conjecture and opinion. Yet that seems enough for some to repeatedly state it as a fact.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
What were they?

Maybe it is LeoJ. I don't know and I would humbly suggest that nobody on here does either.

All I'm saying is there is no 'proof' that RB sacked GT for personal reasons, only conjecture and opinion. Yet that seems enough for some to repeatedly state it as a fact.
Agreed on that point, this appears to be an issue regularly around here.

The problem is that I get some pretty good mail at times but I am unable to post it or at least to name its source, as appears to be the case with other forumites. I know this frustrates some posters but its just not an option sometimes to reveal sources.

Most of my opinions are formed with facts that I know to be true, otherwise I'll state that its purely my opinion if it has no factual basis.