Everyone Calm Down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Everyone Calm Down

The thread I started was answered, and I have no problem with it being deleted.

It wasn't supposed to be provocative and HD PM'ed my (very promptly, I might add) and explained the situation.

Please dont go the mods, they have a right to ban or suspend a poster, and it has been explained.

cheers.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
HarveysDeciple

see my thread for explanation.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

OWTS has just posted a very succinct and reasonable explanation for the banning in barks4eva's thread, and has answered your questions.

I would ask why such an explanation couldn't have been posted as a reply to your original thread rather than all this backroom nonsense and thread deletion.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
HarveysDeciple

Riewoldting wrote:OWTS has just posted a very succinct and reasonable explanation for the banning in barks4eva's thread, and has answered your questions.

I would ask why such an explanation couldn't have been posted as a reply to your original thread rather than all this backroom nonsense and thread deletion.
see your pm....was working on a post, but didnt like having 62 threads asking the same question.

deleted them, and put it in one.

read on and calm down.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:calm down.
"Calm down"? I'm hardly hysterical.

Joffaboy's original queries were posted in a public forum, not PM'd to mods. It's reasonable to expect a response in the same forum, even if it is as simple as "PM sent. Thread locked."

Start deleting threads as if they never existed, and don't be surprised when people demand answers.

Honestly, you guys create more problems than you solve sometimes.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:

Joffaboy's original queries were posted in a public forum, not PM'd to mods. It's reasonable to expect a response in the same forum, even if it is as simple as "PM sent. Thread locked."

Start deleting threads as if they never existed, and don't be surprised when people demand answers.

AGREE 100% :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
HarveysDeciple

Riewoldting wrote:

thats quite funny, because in the intial thread that I locked, I said exactly that.
Yet still people created more threads.

HarveysDeciple

"It was a request from a few days ago to indicate why teflon was banned...teflon has since been told, and the thread is no longer necessary.

It is not a permanent ban, but it has been outlined to the poster, hence the request is no longer necessary."

Here is exactly my post in that thread

If all I had to do was say "thread locked, pm sent"

then why when I said the above did people keep starting threads?

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:"It was a request from a few days ago to indicate why teflon was banned...teflon has since been told, and the thread is no longer necessary.

It is not a permanent ban, but it has been outlined to the poster, hence the request is no longer necessary."

That was your post in the thread explaining why joffaboy's original thread was deleted without explanation.

And you wonder why you suddenly get 62 threads on the same topic :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:"It was a request from a few days ago to indicate why teflon was banned...teflon has since been told, and the thread is no longer necessary.

If all I had to do was say "thread locked, pm sent"

then why when I said the above did people keep starting threads?

because I didn't know he'd been banned

there was nothing on the forum explaining why

when I started threads they just got locked

if you don't want people starting threads asking for an explanation, then perhaps, leave ONE trhread on the board with an explantion :idea:

instead of deleting that thread also

HarveysDeciple

Thats exactly what I did?

Left a thread explaining it, and deleted the rest...

Riewoldting you said, an explanation saying, pm sent, thread locked would have been sufficient?
so why wasn't that sufficient?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mods please lock this thread and immediately ban Riewoldting and barks4eva.

Then proceed not to tell anybody they have been banned.

This has been fun.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:Thats exactly what I did?

Riewoldting you said, an explanation saying, pm sent, thread locked would have been sufficient?
Lock and explain in the same thread.

Not delete one thread, then create a new thread to explain the deletion. That's just asking for trouble.

Why is this concept so difficult for you?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
because I didn't know he'd been banned
This site doesn't revolve around you :roll:

Maybe its time you realise that :idea:

Carry on mods

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HarveysDeciple

Riewoldting wrote:

Not delete one thread, then create a new thread to explain the deletion. That's just asking for trouble.

you started a thread saying why was it locked?
I explained it in that thread?
Is that not what you are getting at? I deleted joffa's thread and pm'd him saying it was unnecessary..it had been on the forum about 10 seconds, so I figured no one had read it.

When you created a post asking why it had been deleted I realised obviously someone had read it, so I explained the action taken and locked it.

then with that thread still visible, why would you keep making threads?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:

Or what about explain in one thread and NOT delete or lock the thread, so that there is no reason to start another thread and DISCUSSION can continue

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:you started a thread saying why was it locked?
I explained it in that thread?
No; prior to that, I started a thread asking why joffaboy's thread was deleted.
HarveysDeciple wrote:Is that not what you are getting at?
See above.
HarveysDeciple wrote:I deleted joffa's thread and pm'd him saying it was unnecessary..it had been on the forum about 10 seconds, so I figured no one had read it.
You figured wrong.
HarveysDeciple wrote:When you created a post asking why it had been deleted I realised obviously someone had read it, so I explained the action taken and locked it.
Don't delete threads in the first place, and you won't need to.
HarveysDeciple wrote:then with that thread still visible, why would you keep making threads?
Because my issue is with the initial thread deletion in lieu of locking plus explanation, OR leaving unlocked for discussion.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If the OP has no problem with the thread being deleted why has anybody else?

If it is your thread and it is deleted, complain then.

Lance or James??

HarveysDeciple

If you dont like the way it was handled thats fine, I apologise.

Didn't expect the reaction it got.

However as joffa stated, he is fine with his thread being deleted...so there is no issue.

An explanation as to the banning was given to the person involved.

joffaboy informed that the pm he received from Teflon came thursday night....hence before the banning was discussed with teflon.

There is now a post on the board outlining what happened.

Case closed.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Because a (legitimate) thread being deleted after one post creates trouble.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

This is hilarious.

Better than the old days of being kinder dad cutting fruit and listening to the 4 year olds.....

Carry on... :lol: :lol: :lol:

StNoodles
Club Player

bwahaha. hilarity.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:This is hilarious.

Better than the old days of being kinder dad cutting fruit and listening to the 4 year olds.....

Carry on... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It has been an entertaining read I agree :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
LennyBoy
Club Player

Why do we actually need posts updating other members of bans on the footy board. It just makes the situation worse, and all decisions should be kept in house by the mod's. It is the first time in my first 17 months on this board, that I've become frustrated at the differing management styles - it all should be streamlined.

I'm here to get my footy fix, not to listen to bitching between other members. Fine have an opinion in an ethical matter, thats what we are here for good strong footy debate. Mod's lets you more of this, less of the individualized banter. I appreciate the efforts you make, but lets get on top of this one.