saintsational gets a rap on official site

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Already have dont you worry :-)

Sue 'em I reckon for unauthorised use of the name ;-) ;-);-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Pfftt :P

Check out the clubs merchandise from 1995-98.

Every second item had 'Saintsational' on it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote:Already have dont you worry :-)

Why not?

As it is a registered internet domain, we also have rights over the name for merchandise etc.

The forum has been very lax in not putting out its own branded gear, check some of the other sites, they are marketing their own stuff and making profits. Will stop someone putting his hand in his pocket to keep running this forum.

Time we started getting professional on this forum. There are many things we could be doing that are being vetoed because one person wants to retain absolute power.

If we don't use the Saintsational name, it will be belittled by every Tom, Dick or Archie useing it, and a valuable opportunity will be lost forever.

Wake up guys, time we entered the 21st century. :!:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

What are the raffle tickets for?

New footballs? Boots? Socks? Electricity?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint66au wrote:Already have dont you worry :-)

Why not?

As it is a registered internet domain, we also have rights over the name for merchandise etc.

The forum has been very lax in not putting out its own branded gear, check some of the other sites, they are marketing their own stuff and making profits. Will stop someone putting his hand in his pocket to keep running this forum.

Time we started getting professional on this forum. There are many things we could be doing that are being vetoed because one person wants to retain absolute power.

If we don't use the Saintsational name, it will be belittled by every Tom, Dick or Archie useing it, and a valuable opportunity will be lost forever.

Wake up guys, time we entered the 21st century. :!:
yup!
www.thepowerfromport.com
they have banners in their CS saying "power-from-port" hats for sale, and tshirts, and they also sell the heritage jumper on their site!
its really good!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

We could copyright it, I guess.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

If we could get some St Kilda scarves made with "saintsational.com" on them or something, I would definitely buy one.

GrumpyOne

riccardo wrote:We could copyright it, I guess.
No need to. The domain registration gives us sole use of the name Saintsational.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:

Wake up guys, time we entered the 21st century.

Agree

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

mmmmmmm- what happened to the caps?

and the T shirt??
and the ???

its the follow through that sometimes gets mucked up=- as they say the world is full or good intentions :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

whatever happened to the owner and founder of this site damien? Hasn't been heard from for a long while...

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Print some tshirts and ill buy!

Before Im 85
GrumpyOne

saintsrus wrote:Print some tshirts and ill buy!
Most of us will.

But the owner of the site owns the name, and nothing can be done without his OK.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Sue 'em I reckon for unauthorised use of the name ;-) ;-);-)
Perhaps we could ask Grant for his input and advice on how best to sue the St.Kilda football club :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
battye
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
No need to. The domain registration gives us sole use of the name Saintsational.
That is absolute rubbish mate.
GrumpyOne wrote:But the owner of the site owns the name, and nothing can be done without his OK.
Out of courtesy, you wouldn't do anything without the owners consent. However, use of a domain gives you absolutely no legal rights to the name. Only a trademark, patent or copyright will give you that sort of protection.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
GrumpyOne

battye wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
That is absolute rubbish mate.
GrumpyOne wrote:But the owner of the site owns the name, and nothing can be done without his OK.
Out of courtesy, you wouldn't do anything without the owners consent. However, use of a domain gives you absolutely no legal rights to the name. Only a trademark, patent or copyright will give you that sort of protection.
My "absolute rubbish" is actually spot on, mate.

Try registering a business name or a trademark in Victoria with the name "Saintsational".

I know cos I've tried it.

The registration was not permitted because the domain name has already been registered.

And you can take legal action against anyone who uses your domain name for other commercial purposes. A bit more difficult than the other methods you mention, but still a legal possibility.

But like all commercial litigation, you need very deep pockets to make it stick.

So possible, but difficult.

Ther point still remains though, with proper marketing, the saintsational brand will not only pay for the hosting of this forum, but state of the art servers and someone to manage it full time.

Under the current ownership, we are missing out on the opportunity to make this forum bigger and better, and be content with seeing the Saintsational name used by all and sundry for their own profit.

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
Perhaps we could ask Grant for his input and advice on how best to sue the St.Kilda football club :wink:
I'm surprised you didn't weave a John Howard reference in there. Would have been just as obtuse, and just as non-sensical. :roll: :roll:

battye
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: My "absolute rubbish" is actually spot on, mate.

Try registering a business name or a trademark in Victoria with the name "Saintsational".

The registration was not permitted because the domain name has already been registered.

And you can take legal action against anyone who uses your domain name for other commercial purposes. A bit more difficult than the other methods you mention, but still a legal possibility.

But like all commercial litigation, you need very deep pockets to make it stick.

You were conned mate.

Domain name registration has nothing to do with business name registration.
Consumer Affairs - Victoria wrote:Domain Names
A Business Name is the name under which business is carried out, whereas a Domain Name is the Internet address for connection to a business's website.

CAV does not register Domain Names.

Although a Business Name and a Domain Name may be similar, they are used for different purposes, therefore the respective registration offices have no connection or association. CAV does not consider similar Domain Names when assessing a Business Name for registration.

CAV is not responsible for registering a Business Name that may infringe the ownership of a Domain Name. Business Name applicants are advised to contact a registered Domain Name service to check for any similar Domain Names.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

But saintsational must be already registered as a business name as well as a domain name :idea: :?: :!:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
battye
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:But saintsational must be already registered as a business name as well as a domain name :idea: :?: :!:
No, not in Victoria anyway.

As I said, the two are completely different entities. You don't need to register the business name to be able to register the domain name, or vice versa.

GrumpyOne

battye wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: My "absolute rubbish" is actually spot on, mate.

You were conned mate.

Domain name registration has nothing to do with business name registration.
Consumer Affairs - Victoria wrote:Domain Names
A Business Name is the name under which business is carried out, whereas a Domain Name is the Internet address for connection to a business's website.

CAV does not register Domain Names.

Although a Business Name and a Domain Name may be similar, they are used for different purposes, therefore the respective registration offices have no connection or association. CAV does not consider similar Domain Names when assessing a Business Name for registration.

CAV is not responsible for registering a Business Name that may infringe the ownership of a Domain Name. Business Name applicants are advised to contact a registered Domain Name service to check for any similar Domain Names.
Hmmm.... Thanks for that. i stand corrected.

Quixote
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:

Best in a while

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

However the "Saintsational" push is interesting....

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
my les foote
Club Player

Forum T-Shirts!

Brilliant idea!

Does anyone have a forum t-shirt from last time round? I'd love to see a photo.

Win it for HIM!