HELP THE SAINTS WIN A FLAG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

HELP THE SAINTS WIN A FLAG

Who gives a shyte really what north do :evil:

All this talk about buying a membership to help them out :roll: why would you even consider helping them with memberships while WE are trying to get up there around the 40K mark.

If you are going to purchase another membership make it a Saints one PLEASE becuase dont think for a minute that we have enough.

How many flags have they won in recent times its not our fault that they dont/didnt have the right business minds in place to capitalize on there September action in the past.

People forget sometimes about what WE have done in 100+ years compared to others in the comp and until we get up off the floor and get some more cups in the social room i wont be doing a bloody thing for anyone but the Saints, a donation of a raffle ticket purchase yes but to go as far as to buy a membership :shock:

WORRY ABOUT ANOTHER FLAG 1966 IS FAR TO LONG AGO. :evil:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
JeffDunne

With all due respect, what business is it of yours what others choose to do with their money? I support the efforts to keep North in Melbourne for two reasons; 1) self interest & 2) respect for the culture and history of the game in Melbourne.

And did we really need another thread on the same subject?

nick_nexus
Club Player

The sooner North go to the GC and Dogs go to Western Sydney the safer the Saints will be.

Grant Thomas was the best coach St.kilda ever had.
robbie muir
Club Player

I am with you Saint Mik. Our first priority should be for the Saints to win a premiership.

I have seen the Kangaroos win 4 premierships in my lifetime but not one St.Kilda one yet.

Let Kangaroo supporters worry about Nth Melbourne.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Not much respect for you JD, dont care how overdue it is.

Another thread because i think it is VERY important that we look after our own problems before we worry about what anyone else is doing if you dont like it dont read it, pretty simple really but i know you dont look at things that way. :roll:

Whats more important another flag or the Roos going to GC.

Look after the Saints first and upgrade your Saints memberships if you are thinking of another membership anywhere is my message to others.

Just looking after the Saints intrests but you have a problem with that dont you JD along with every other post of mine. :roll:

Said i wouldnt reply to your posts so i suppose you got me at a weak moment :oops: dont reply to this because i dont want to bore everyone trying to understand where you are coming from.

You have your opinion and i have mine lets move on.

JeffDunne

How to grandstand on a footy forum 101.

1. Start a new thread on a topic already covered - check

2. Title in capitals so it's noted - check

3. Make the title as ambigous as possible so people will open - check

4. Rather than respond to anyone that doesn't share your view, ignore their response and slag the poster (with plenty of smilies) - check

TBH Saint Mik, I don't remember "I won't reply to your posts" comments, but I suspect it was due to you being unable to handle an alternate opinion.

And FWIW, I think North remaining in Melbourne is in our best interests.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Like i said JD if you dont like it dont read it SIMPLE REALLY :roll:

I did say dont reply to this but you just cant help yourself :shock:

Title was help kangas but i would rather help the Saints and so would plenty of others so it deserves a thread of its own because to think about buying a membership from another club with its recent history compared to ours is just ridiculous IMO.

Reason i dont respond to you is because you go around in circles all the time and this is another one of those times you seem to just like going over the same things.

You would not remember my comment of dont reply to my post because you only worry about what JD has to say which i think was also in the same sentence at the time.

If you think North is in the best intrests of the Saints by staying in Melb then fair enough but i cant see how it has anything to do with us at all.

If pouring money into the other clubs and buying there memberships helps the Saints then we are on very different wave lenghts and i just cant see why you or anyone would think this is good for us.

IMO buying a Saints membership or upgrading one if you are going to spend your money is in the best intrests of the club and the best way to help us getting another flag.

Why help others with memberships when you can increase our own numbers by buying extras or upgrading.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: I think North remaining in Melbourne is in our best interests.
Not wanting to get in between this beautiful thing you and Saint Mik have going but your last line made me curious. How do you come to this conclusion?

JeffDunne

Do I have permission to reply Saint Mik? :roll:

Saint Mik
Club Player

You dont need permission JD you say and do what ever you want no matter what others think anyway which is always the same old thing.

Like i said pretty boring stuff this and it is always the same way with you sorry to others on here reading this crap :roll:

Still waitng on why you think its in the best intrest of the saints by pouring money into another club and helping there chances of getting better results than the saints in the 08 season and beyond that.

If you are going to reply make it worthwhile otherwise whats the point.

This seems like the past coming back to haunt me :roll:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I feel that I already contribute a reasonable amount of money to the Saints in various forms.

I love having the ten Victorian teams, and have a soft spot for the Kangaroos themselves. Hence, I feel I can spare a bit of cash to help them currently and over the next 12 months.

Rest assured, if St Kilda were ever in such a precarious position, I would be giving everything I could to the club.

For the Saints to win a flag, there is no use getting more $$ off a member like me ... we are better chasing new members, and building our club that way.

When St Kilda were rattling tins twenty years ago, there would have been plenty of Roos supporters who put money in then. Time to repay the favour.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Batnoe

Buy 2 or 3 Saints ones?

It helps us out and then makes us look like we are a powerhouse. who are people that dont have a team going to barrack for?

A power house team, on and off the field

Saint Mik
Club Player

OWTS, repay the favour yes but to buy one of there memberships before ours is not helping us at all IMO.

All the $$$ the club can get is ALWAYS going to help us in the long run and to say it is (no use) wont help IMO.

I dont care where teams are now becuase it is a national comp and thats the way they like it all I care about is how we get that next cup becuase it nothing short of a bloody disgrace that the saints have only one to its name and i feel alot stronger about that than wether we have 10 teams in Victoria.

Another way of looking at this is imagine if you were to go down to the club and tell them you have the choice of upgrading your membership or giving the $150+ to the Roos and see what responce you get.

JeffDunne

Saint Mik wrote:You dont need permission JD you say and do what ever you want no matter what others think anyway which is always the same old thing.
Well since you have told me at least twice not to respond in this thread I thought it probably best to seek your permission.
Like i said pretty boring stuff this and it is always the same way with you sorry to others on here reading this crap :roll:
That's rather humorous given my first post and you being the one that decided to fly off the handle and make this personal.

One of my pet hates is people creating threads on topics already covered simply because they feel their opinion will be lost in existing threads. Sorry if calling you out on this has got you all hot and bothered.
Still waitng on why you think its in the best intrest of the saints by pouring money into another club and helping there chances of getting better results than the saints in the 08 season and beyond that.

Firstly let me point out that nowhere have I advocated buying a North Melbourne membership. My interest is in supporting a grass roots supporter campaign not the club directly. Unlike you though, I don't tell people what to do with their money and if people want to do that (as I have in the past) then good luck to them. I have also given money to a similar campaign that was a grass roots movement to keep the Saints in New Orleans. I guess you're going to tell me that I shouldn't be doing that with my money either?

Now as to why it is in our best interests for North to remain in Melbourne, had you read the other thread you would have seen my opinion on that.

However, for those that have been caught up in your self indulgent thread and not read it, I'll repeat it here.

My concern for St Kilda in North going to the Gold Coast is based on a couple of things, more games outside of Victoria and another AFL supported franchise that will be gifted short term success. This means further undermining of an equal draft, more interstate games for us and less money in AFL redistributions. It also means one less club between us and the bottom of the pecking order.

I also firmly believe that Victorian clubs are as much a part of Melbourne culture as anything I can think of and we owe it to those that came before us and those that will come after us to protect these institutions.

Now was that reply "worthwhile" enough for Your Highness?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

nick_nexus wrote:The sooner North go to the GC and Dogs go to Western Sydney the safer the Saints will be.

arrhhh...the old nick nexus...alias nexus helen.....taken up the tips about how to get around your banning have you........ :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Mik
Club Player

JD your the one that said who are you to tell others where to spend there money and that to me is advocating others to buy a membership from another club and that you dont have a problem with it,when all i have said is PLEASE dont buy a membership from another club UNTIL we have another premiership cup at the our own club.

Remember that the Saints are trying to build our membership to 40K so this is the reason why i have this opinion.

One of my pet hates is others thinking they have the right to tell others on here what they can and cant do, this thread is about US getting another flag and the best thing to do in regards to that and our supporters buying memberships to prop up other clubs is just not the way to go IMO.

This is a national comp and there will always be a push for a Vic club to go interstate so puting money into another club is not going to make a difference to your outcomes that you have pointed out it is going to happen anyway but investing all the funds you can into our club can help us try to compete with what the AFL puts before us.

Victorian culture is lost if you want Vic culture go and support the VFL not the AFL and if you disagree with this take up your point of veiw with all the fitzroy fans out there.

We dont owe anything to anyone but the saints and they owe us another flag that is well overdue.

JeffDunne

Saint Mik wrote:JD your the one that said who are you to tell others where to spend there money and that to me is advocating others to buy a membership from another club ...
Are you serious?

Please tell me you don't believe this statement?

I'm not advocating anything other than I think it's in our interests to support North supporters in their fight.

"Support" is not advocating anyone do anything in particular - especially with their money.

ifonlybarkswashere
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote: "Support" is not advocating anyone do anything in particular - especially with their money.
Errr... then what does it mean JD?

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again
JeffDunne

It means not buying into the AFL's agenda.

It also means putting principle ahead of short term self interest.