The Club's Best Games In History

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:my dad says:

some time between 79-82 we played the hawks at princess park, were down by a bit and looked like it was all over. it was pooring rain and fights left right and centre. we ended up winning by a good 40 points and everyone was going crazy................does anyone remember that one?

and he also says does anyone remember the time at Vic Park when we were up by 52 at half time and lost by about 10 points?
no...but i remember the game against hawks at waverly where we were up by 10+ in the 3rd quarter and they came back and won by 5 goals or something :shock: lol

asiu

far out brussel sprout ....

i would have bet money we came back from 6-7 goals down .....thanx for the stats ....(still not real sure though)

i (still) dont remember us being three goals (ish) down at each break

my missus had just split the matrimonial home with my kids .....thats why that game was such a tension release for me .....

looks like yr right ...i've carried forward '94

sorry bot

robbie muir
Club Player

St. dooley , i think the game your dad is referring to is Round 12,1976 against Hawthorn at Princess Park. We were down 9.8.62 to 4.8.32 at half time. Just before half time or just after Paul Callery was knocked out by Gary Colling ,swallowed his tongue and was taken to hospital. At the time we thought a Hawthorn player had done this and unleashed a huge second half kicking 14.6 to 4.11 and winning 18.14.122 to 13.19.97

It was a wet miserable day with lots of fights and Trevor Barker staring in one of his first games at full back after starting in 1975 as a half forward flanker.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

robbie muir wrote:St. dooley , i think the game your dad is referring to is Round 12,1976 against Hawthorn at Princess Park. We were down 9.8.62 to 4.8.32 at half time. Just before half time or just after Paul Callery was knocked out by Gary Colling ,swallowed his tongue and was taken to hospital. At the time we thought a Hawthorn player had done this and unleashed a huge second half kicking 14.6 to 4.11 and winning 18.14.122 to 13.19.97

It was a wet miserable day with lots of fights and Trevor Barker staring in one of his first games at full back after starting in 1975 as a half forward flanker.
yep!
thats exactly what he said! (except for the date)
that must be the game!
:D

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."