Grant Thomas the parasite

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas the parasite

This good news, though, will be discounted by the 2007 financial result, which will now be "break even at best", according to chief executive Archie Fraser.

While the Saints operated profitably this year, a decision has been made to take "some accounting hits" in the form of capital works write-downs and provisions for payments to former coach Grant Thomas and the recently retired Aaron Hamill.

It is understood that as much as $400,000 has been put into the 2007 accounts for the settlement of Hamill's contract, which was not due to expire until the end of 2008. A provision of $270,000 is also understood to have been set aside for the contested claim Thomas has against the club for what he maintains are unpaid entitlements.

FAIR DINKUM

1. We have to pay out Hamill's contract after Thomas put him on a FIVE YEAR CONTRACT :roll:

Thomas's decision has cost to the club $400,000 for SFA

2. Thomas suing the St.Kilda Football club for $270,000, which includes $167,000 for holiday and annual leave entitlements

Excuse me, BUT this parasite already signed a statutory declaration stating that he had been paid ALL holiday pay and annual leave entitlements and had no HP & AL monies owing :roll:

I mean FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM

Close to $700,000 off the club's bottomline, IF the club pays this leech

$400,000 for signing Hamill to a ridiculous 5 year contract

We already paid out Penny after Thomas signed him to a five year :roll:

All up this buffoon will cost the club ONE MILLION DOLLARS for running the football department like a chook raffle and for his legal action if the club give in to this bloodsucker

Great St.Kilda man, perleeeeze, spare me, nothing more than a snake in the grass and a machiavellian maestro

Thomas was paid over $2.5 million dollars for the priviledge of coaching the club, with no previous experience and was on $500,000 straight up from the get go, in what he admits was a flawed process :roll:

This parasite should be happy with the over inflated salary he was on to begin with

Great St.Kilda men are the ones who made the sacrifice by taking 22.5 cents in the dollar to keep the St.Kilda Football Club in existence, so that there was a football club for leeches like Thomas to sue, in the first place

At the time while many former players sacrificed so much with scheme of arrangement payments, Thomas Maximus took every cent owing to him and pissed off to North Melbourne when he thought there was more money to be made there :roll:

Grant Thomas loves the St.Kilda football Club alright, it's been his cash cow for more than five years, and he's still trying to filch money off the club

If the club payout this parasite then it's $700,000 off the club's bottomline for nothing more than a combination of Thomas's incompetence and sheer greed

Be happy with the more than 2.5 million you were already overpaid due to a flawed process and considering you've cost the club around $700,000 in contractual payout obligations as a result of your handiwork, just piss off and count your blessings, you bloodsucker

Grant Thomas bleeds red, white and black, only problem is it comes off the club's bottomline

Grant Thomas you're a FAIR DINKUM disgrace

Thomas says he loves the St.Kilda football club and would never do anything to hurt it :roll:

FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Its worth a small loss to see the back of that leach Thomas.

Hope the blood sucker never darkens our doors again.

True St.Kilda man - pfft :roll: :roll:

Joins Everitt as a low parasite taking money out of members pockets.

Absolute low life scum in my eyes
Well said :wink:

BUT, The club should not give this parasite one more cent

If he isn't happy with the more than $2.5 million he's already been paid, after he was appointed through a "FLAWED PROCESS", his words, not mine and doesn't feel some responsibilty for the $700,000 the club's had to payout both Penny and Hamill after he signed both to five year deals, and he still wants to sue the club for $270,000 which includes $167,000 for holiday pay and annual leave entitlements after he'd already signed a stat dec stating he's been paid all of this money owing to him, then FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM, is there any doubt at all, that this snake in the grass is nothing more than a slimy parasite who's love for the club only extends to the fact that it's been his biggest cash cow for some time now

$700,000 off the club's bottomline in the last year alone, all as a result of Thomas's Maximus's buffoonery and bloodsucking

Is this what we as member's pay our money for?

Do not pay this leech one more cent!

and I do mean FAIR DINKUM

woooosaints
Club Player

grow up ur like an old man who acts like a kid

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Golly. :wink:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Its worth a small loss to see the back of that leach Thomas.

Hope the blood sucker never darkens our doors again.

True St.Kilda man - pfft :roll: :roll:

Joins Everitt as a low parasite taking money out of members pockets.

Absolute low life scum in my eyes
Well said :wink:

BUT, The club should not give this parasite one more cent

If he isn't happy with the more than $2.5 million he's already been paid, after he was appointed through a "FLAWED PROCESS", his words, not mine and doesn't feel some responsibilty for the $700,000 the club's had to payout both Penny and Hamill after he signed both to five year deals, and he still wants to sue the club for $270,000 which includes $167,000 for holiday pay and annual leave entitlements after he'd already signed a stat dec stating he's been paid all of this money owing to him, then FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM, is there any doubt at all, that this snake in the grass is nothing more than a slimy parasite who's love for the club only extends to the fact that it's been his biggest cash cow for some time now

$700,000 off the club's bottomline in the last year alone, all as a result of Thomas's Maximus's buffoonery and bloodsucking

Is this what we as member's pay our money for?

Do not pay this leech one more cent!

and I do mean FAIR DINKUM
You have more problems than all on this site put together. One day i hope you recover but I doubt anyone could have a treatment that will help a sad lonely man like you.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Yep, not much help for him.....

this comes from a poster that suggested that the appointment of Ross Lyon was compromised :roll:

FAIR DINKUM he has NO CLUE!

By the way b4e, how's Fergus Watts going???

Weren't you the one that ranted and ranted that we should pick him as our number 1 draft pick???

You are clueless and an embarrassment

Try running that gauntlet you suggested in another thread, I for one would love to see it :D

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Halo
Club Player

Barks4eva

I think everyone is sick of your CRAP!!!

Why don't you GROW UP!

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

I don't wish to engage in the Thomas/Butterss/Fraser/Westaway conjecture but I object to the pejorative * and incorrect** nature of the usage of "parasite".

* Parasites are fundamental to ecosystem health in natural systems. e.g. Hudson et al. 2006. Is a healthy ecosystem one that is rich in parasites? Trends in Ecology & Evolution 21(7): 381-385

** They also don't draw resources from the host once they are removed - you need to find a more appropriate metaphor.

edit: by all means call him a "typical upstanding member of the Australian business community" - a harsh and mean-spirited label but this all seems standard practice among those folk.
Last edited by cowboy18 on Sat 24 Nov 2007 9:38am, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Do you mean Grant Thomas the great St Kilda man?

Grant Thomas is the great Grant Thomas man!

The sooner we finally see the back of him and allow people such as Barks to move on the better.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
JeffDunne

Aren't there other ex-staff taking action against the club?

Are they parasites too?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I liked GT :D

I also like snakes in the grass as I'm a made keen amateur herpetologist :D

Hmmm two things I like :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I like doughnuts

bigred
Saintsational Legend

This thread was brought to you by SPAM.

The tasty, mystery meat.

Funny how it keeps repeating on you.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

$700,000 off the club's bottomline

helloooooooooooooooooooooooo, wake up

$700,000 off the club's bottomline, if the club pay out Thomas's legal action

The figure includes Thomas suing the club for $167,00 in holiday pay, which he's already signed a stat dec stating he's been paid in full

and he says he loves the club and wouldn't do anything to hurt it :roll:

FAIR DINKUM

Thomas insisted on having total control of the football department and ran it like a chook raffle

Signing Penny and Hamill to long term contracts cost the club $700,000 plus in contract payouts

Over one million was paid to these two players for four plus or so seasons where they delivered us SFA

So the club makes no profit at all in 2007 with $700,000 off the bottomline, due to the incompetence, buffoonery and sheer bloodsucking greed of one slimy snake in the grass and you all sings his praises like he's the second coming

To think of the truly great St.Kilda men who took 22.5 cents in the dollar, ensuring that there was still a St.Kilda football club for leeches like Thomas to sue in the first place

and once again Thomas unlike those that sacrificed their player payments to which they were actually entitled, took every cent owing and pissed off to North, to make more money there

$700,000 wasted and the man responsible for it, is lauded like a messiah by some :roll:

FAIR DINKUM

I might only spend $1,000 every year on this club, but I am quite frankly pissed off that this pissant, on the one hand says he would do nothing to hurt the club, yet at the same time turns around and sues it

AND I might add, including a figure of $167,000 which he's already acknowledged, he's not even owed

Wake up, numbnuts

bigred
Saintsational Legend

This seems vaguely familiar...

I have a feeling I have read this before.

Halo
Club Player

If he repeats his crap enough times it then becomes fact!!!

Why not talk about the GREAT Things Grant done for the Club??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Halo wrote:If he repeats his crap enough times it then becomes fact!!!

excuse me but did you miss the bit where it said

$400,000 to pay out Hamill's contract?

Who signed Hamill to a long term deal in the first place?

Did you also miss the bit where $270,000 was put aside for a legal action against the club?

Did you miss the bit previously where this figure of $270,000 includes a figure of $167,000 for holiday pay, even though Thomas already signed a stat dec staing he was owed none of this as he'd already been paid in full?

These are the FACTS!

If it's crap then you'd better ring the football club and inform them that they've made a miscalculation and that they can now declare a profit of $700,000

FAIR DINKUM

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
These are the FACTS!

You know stuff all about FACTS and have proved it time and time again.

FAIR DINKUM

Here's something I've given to RIX on your behalf...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
These are the FACTS!

St Fidelius wrote: You know stuff all about FACTS and have proved it time and time again.

If there is something incorrect with the information I posted, perhaps you'd be so kind as to correct it :arrow: :idea:

I eagerly await your follow up post, and please stick to the info posted and correct the bits where I posted something factually incorrect 8-)
Last edited by barks4eva on Sat 24 Nov 2007 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Halo wrote:If he repeats his crap enough times it then becomes fact!!!

excuse me but did you miss the bit where it said

$400,000 to pay out Hamill's contract?

Who signed Hamill to a long term deal in the first place?

Did you also miss the bit where $270,000 was put aside for a legal action against the club?

Did you miss the bit previously where this figure of $270,000 includes a figure of $167,000 for holiday pay, even though Thomas already signed a stat dec staing he was owed none of this as he'd already been paid in full?

These are the FACTS!

If it's crap then you'd better ring the football club and inform them that they've made a miscalculation and that they can now declare a profit of $700,000

FAIR DINKUM
so according to you it's GT's fault that hamill did not complete his contract. At the time of signing he was a core part of our team and had no real injuries. It reduced the per year total of the contract and thus allowed us to not only keep roo, kosi, dal, ball etc. but allowed us to keep a spirtual leader that encouraged the leadership development of our young players.

On the former argument, they have only put aside money for this case. Do you actually have the documents saying what the court case is, what he is sueing for, how much, where it is at the moment etc.

Did the Club keep to their word about a payout, because from where I sit they recanted when Grant Thomas talked to the media (supposedly against the payout agreement he struck), despite the fact that he was attacked by RB first.

Perhaps the former board were screwing Grant Thomas and now the current board has done the right thing and put aside some money to sort out the issue.

So once again I ask,

1) Was signing hamill to a lower per annum contract at the time (with no injury background and a important leadership position) not a important part of the resigning of all our young stars?

2) Was it Grant Thomas's fault that hamill did his knee so many times and thus was never able to fully get back to full fitness? I would argue that perhaps slightly with the employment of bad fitness staff.

3) Did Grant Thomas decide to work out a payout with hamill when he retired this year? Did he decide to place that payout in this years balance sheet?

4) What is the actual claimate from Grant Thomas and what actually happened with the signing of documents upon termination of his coaching contract.

5) Did he stat the slanging match in the media (I would answer no) and then why did he not get the agreed payout.

6) Why is no one on the current board or club employee's critical of Grant Thomas or his claim. Why are they putting aside money to sort this out?

And finally, why do you keep cutting and pasting the same junk over and over????

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Fear not...this thread will degenerate into purely personal abuse pretty soon..and therefore will be locked

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Fear not...this thread will degenerate into purely personal abuse pretty soon..and therefore will be locked
can you just leave it open for a little while to allow b4e to answer my questions :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Go away.

No-one cares.
No-one supports you.

It doesn't matter how many times you flood the forum with your crap, you won't make any impact whatsoever other than making yourself out to be a tool and ruining your reputation for when you actually have something significant to talk about, if over.

JeffDunne

Andrew . . . can I ask, why do you bother?

Even if 100% of people on this site agreed with you *shudders* - what would you like us to do about GT? :?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

can we have a post limit on b4e seriously man how many times can we tell you hes gone !!! what you want us to sacrifice him to the gods on top of mt olympus ??? get over it move on theres more to life then Grant Thomas

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/