southport saints..board challenge..need 100 signatures

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

We need five signatures to mount a successful board challenge

That’s me, rogerwa, Moccha, trav and if Alicia Gorey (aka i_luvv_nnickdalssantoo__2) gets on board that’s the full quorum

i recommened we head off for inglewood wa for good lock stock & barrel & as soon as possible...only room for 6 teams in melb into the future
coll,ess,carl,geel
hawth.. have set themselves up for good
melb..will always be a club called melb in a national comp even if it consists of a couple of the current clubs

not much will change
qld supp will still get their 1 or 2 games
s.a supporters will still get their 1 or 2 games
syd supp will get their 1 or 2 games
melb supporters as with bris /syd supp will get their 7 or 8 gms
w.a. supp will get the remaining 8,9 ,10 whatever

the boys can play down at grand prom reserve … just an oriental apoidean’s phallus from the spiritual home of the saints, the civic hotel

we could get 80 or 90 people down there per match EASY … maybe even 150 when we play the eagles

give me a strong club (as all interstate clubs are) over a struggling melb based club trying to survive one day to the next

GO THE MIGHTY INGLEWOOD SAINTS

FIRE AWAY

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

shame you couldnt get down to the pub last week...they really laid out the red carpet for us even providing entertainment out in the beer garden....massive crowd of 4 were there

had to feel for the young lady stumming away on her guitar & here's moccha & i talking footy whilst she's going through her routine...being the polite types that we are after each song we would put our hands together in appreciation without breaking stride of our footy conversation

we decided we would get her down next yr to provide our pre game entertainment...must mention we also decided that you'd pick up the cost

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Get her down for the halftime entertainment for Saints home games

It'll be the biggest ticket in town

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:eastern you had better come along as a moderator when barks & i clash heads at the cricketers arms...is that 'the' pub for mcg games
Roger, I will go one better;

I will supply the duelling pistols. High Noon out the front of the Cricketers Arms.

How much do you reckon I should ask for tickets to potentially see some harm come to b4e? :roll: :wink: !!

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

my visit to the cricketers arms hotel

the yr before last went to do the mcg tour...tour groups leave every hr & it was another hour before we could do the tour...decided to head over all alone to the cricketers arms for a quick beer & to check out ss's pub...lo & behold i was the only person in the pub & 2 TOPLESS barmaids :lol: came over to serve me...naturally one beer turned into 2 & 3 until my bloody phone rang

where are you the next tour goes in 5 mins & we are waiting for you...if your ever tried to cross punt rd with fogged up glasses think again

recommend the cricketers arms...service with a smile,the beer is cold & the scenery is great

if only the civic hotel was run like that

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Shame on you Riewoldting for missing such an important meeting at The Civic. What could be more important than talking footy with Roger and myself and organising our schedule for The Civic next year. We have big plans in store with the appointment of a committee to oversee the organisation of hosting functions for all our loyal Saints fans. We plan to have pre game sausage sizzles, entertainment, raffles and maybe even pin the tail on the donkey. Roger is assuming the role of president and we’re looking forward to having yourself, St Trav, Saint Kikki, Mr X, Karnaby and the rest of the mob chipping in and spreading the Saints gospel in WA. We plan on having a pre committee meeting in the new year to work out our schedule of games and to get the organisational structure in place. Feel free to contact Roger to discuss what you can do for the Perth Big Screen

Another opportunity awaits!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:Shame on you Riewoldting for missing such an important meeting at The Civic.
Fair go, I was waiting for a call from the Dodger but it never came.

If I recall correctly we were set to go on Wed night but it conflicted with a certain committee member's important social schedule.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:barks...i'll continue this topic with you in about 6 months over a coldie

roger I'm still waiting for you to sign up for SFA, which is a serious board challenge 8-)

c'mon I know you're a St.kilda in St.kilda man and I'm proposing to transfer games to the Junction Oval so get behind it :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

further update for those that have been to the civic before...out the back just off from the beer garden a seperate room which is rarely used will be provided for us..no longer are we stuck in the main bar area or in our small room

the area we have been given consists of

seating for about 50-60
own big screen
own toilet facilities
own bar
open fire place for those freezing cold winter days
plenty parking
no need to enter the bar area again
no sunspots like we endured last yr
no other patrons to pyss us off

we will be working on another couple of gimmies in the new yr

we need to give the room a name as with the trevor barker room at moorabbin...maybe after a w.a saints footy legend
the nicky winmar room or anyone else who springs to mind

the peanut....you have been nominated as our pr manager

more details to follow in the new yr

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
Moccha wrote:Shame on you Riewoldting for missing such an important meeting at The Civic.
Fair go, I was waiting for a call from the Dodger but it never came.

If I recall correctly we were set to go on Wed night but it conflicted with a certain committee member's important social schedule.
Roger expects people to return his emails, especially when he calls a meeting!

We needed you to to provide us with your expertise on the logistics of possibly hosting games in the back room.

Another opportunity awaits!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

sorry barks i cant...my vision of footy into the future (50 yrs) no longer has us in melb

we along with other clubs will just be a francise as syd & bris are now...rightly or wrongly thats how i reckon the game will go

50 yrs ago if someone had said there would be clubs playing in a national comp out of w.a,s.a,bris,syd games in tassie etc they would be certified...fast track another 50 yrs chyt knows where games will be played...maybe new zeal,sth africa who bloody knows

in 50 yrs the populations of w.a, queens will out strip vic & the melb footy scene will be a mere drop in the ocean with the mega bucks (power bases) spread across the country

i wont be around but maybe some of our younger fans in 50 yrs time will be saying ...geez that silly old barstard was right or that silly old barstard was away with the faries

Huzzad
Club Player

The Gold Coast Saints just doesn't have the same ring to it :P

I'm definatly up for 4 or so games a year, as the club put to the AFL the other day, but as for permanantly relocating there...I don't know.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The CONTRACT on Roger !!

So far there have been a few offers;

George (who has since changed his name) has stated that if he ever gets to WA on that bicycle he will run Roger down for $1.40 :roll: :twisted: :evil:

Spur has offered to feed Roger a full bowl of nana's coleslaw for $2.60 :evil: :twisted:

My contribution is to force him to sit in on one of LukeL26's driving lessons, only that's $38.00. Much more than Roger is worth :wink:

Please feel free to contribute ways of "doing him in" for wanting to send us to the Gold Coast !!