Thomas/Saints payment dispute settlement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Zippy
Club Player

Thomas/Saints payment dispute settlement

Word from a very good source is that a mutually agreeable outcome has been agreed. Apparently:

- GT will drop his claims for any moneys

- In return, St Kilda will re-hire him in a management role

- his new salary will be much lower than as a head coach, but still in excess of the additional money he's currently claiming: this is good value for the club because they also get his services.

- GT's new role will be in overall co-ordination of the football department, and will provide specific oversight of several key areas, including player development, training services, and facilities management.

- he will provide some mentoring and advice to Ross Lyon, but it's been made clear that Lyon is still the head coach, and Lyon still has the final say on tactics etc.

cheers,

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
stinger
Saintsational Legend

:roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

Be better for us if we had just paid him what he wanted. :roll: :roll:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm.

*strokes chin*

Hmmmmmmmmm.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Hmmm.

*strokes chin*

Hmmmmmmmmm.

funny that...i was doing the same chin stroke..... :wink: :lol:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

INCOMING!!!!!!!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
n1ck wrote:Hmmm.

*strokes chin*

Hmmmmmmmmm.

funny that...i was doing the same chin stroke..... :wink: :lol:
I wasn't, but this is a family forum. :oops: :wink:

savatage
SS Life Member

So basically blackmail then Zippy?

I hope this is a creation of your imagination sir!

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

So basically we're hiring the guy who is sueing us....sounds reasonably insane to me.

Nee!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Obvious piss take

The new board are all about moving forward and there's no way they'd entertain this scenario

About as much chance of the above scenario as Paris Hilton joining the nunnery

The biggest worry is that the GT bone monkey crew on here would find this to be a good thing, if it were true, which it is not

Butterss and Thomas most likely IMHO cost us a premiership, while using the football club as their own personal plaything

At least Butterss improved our financial position which is more than can be said for the parasite currently suing the club

P.S If only I could post some inside info I've recieved recently, to at least attempt to educate the know nothing, nuffy, numbnut, disenfranchised malcontents with their GT inflatable's, still stuck in a time warp living in a Thomas in wonderland fairytale, in a gold fish bowl half full of their own bathwater, but as much as I 'd like to,regrettably I can't

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

why not?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Zippy's christmas cracker?????????

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: P.S If only I could post some inside info I've recieved recently, to at least attempt to educate the know nothing, nuffy, numbnut, disenfranchised malcontents with their GT inflatable's, still stuck in a time warp living in a Thomas in wonderland fairytale, in a gold fish bowl half full of their own bathwater, but as much as I 'd like to,regrettably I can't
B4....... Maaate......... Either say it or shut the f up..... otherwise the nuffy's, (and some of the rest of us), think you know SFA and only tack the statement on to your posts to give you an opportunity to engage in a bit of todger-tugging hyperbole.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: The biggest worry is that the GT bone monkey crew on here would find this to be a good thing, if it were true, which it is not

speak for yourself...... :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:why not?
'cause he's making it up...and doesn't want to get sued..... :wink: :lol:

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Zippy's report is complete bull according to my director contact. He says not even contemplated . money only offer made and rejected.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Zippy's report is complete bull according to my director contact. He says not even contemplated . money only offer made and rejected.

That's what I heard too.

Let's not get any levels of excitement either way until zippy's report is either confirmed or denied !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Obvious piss take

The new board are all about moving forward and there's no way they'd entertain this scenario

About as much chance of the above scenario as Paris Hilton joining the nunnery

The biggest worry is that the GT bone monkey crew on here would find this to be a good thing, if it were true, which it is not

Butterss and Thomas most likely IMHO cost us a premiership, while using the football club as their own personal plaything

At least Butterss improved our financial position which is more than can be said for the parasite currently suing the club

P.S If only I could post some inside info I've recieved recently, to at least attempt to educate the know nothing, nuffy, numbnut, disenfranchised malcontents with their GT inflatable's, still stuck in a time warp living in a Thomas in wonderland fairytale, in a gold fish bowl half full of their own bathwater, but as much as I 'd like to,regrettably I can't
Come on then tell us or as usual just making it up. And I know who the numbnut, Nuffy and all the others words is. Go Barks. Ps. did you give them a call.

santazzi
Club Player

Geez .............this forum is taken over by fairdinkum monkeys and it is becoming too boring..............Stinger..........I am surprised you bother to respond to this thread......where are you Eastern.....where are you Roger wa......where are you Mason cj.......where are you St Mart..............please........let this forum go back to it's glorious intellegent days........and where are you Loris possum.............as Viv Richards once sledged........." when the batsmen go home the bunnies come out to bat..."...............this forum at the moment is full of bunnies ......the bats men and women of this forum please come out and bat..............

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Lack of things to talk about breeds threads like this every off-season.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I miss zippy's regular contribution

quality > quantity though.

maybe I'll catch you in the rafters in 08 mate :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
loriswa
Club Player

santazzi wrote:.............please........let this forum go back to it's glorious intellegent days........and where are you Loris possum.............the bats men and women of this forum please come out and bat..............
I've taken my bat and ball and gone home santazzi :cry: :cry:

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

santazzi wrote: ......the bats men and women of this forum please come out and bat..............
Unfortunately, those of whom you speak have too much intelligence and are all too aware of the following truths:

1) If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

2) Nobody can win an argument with a fool.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

This is the biggest joke of all time. The club could not possibly take him back, we need to move on and will do just fine without him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:Geez .............this forum is taken over by fairdinkum monkeys and it is becoming too boring..............Stinger..........I am surprised you bother to respond to this thread......where are you Eastern.....where are you Roger wa......where are you Mason cj.......where are you St Mart..............please........let this forum go back to it's glorious intellegent days........and where are you Loris possum.............as Viv Richards once sledged........." when the batsmen go home the bunnies come out to bat..."...............this forum at the moment is full of bunnies ......the bats men and women of this forum please come out and bat..............
Ive been on this forum - and its predecessors for a long time I get amazed at these type of exagerated rants. All these posters who no longer post cause they feel the forum is boring blah blah blah or being overun by zealouts yada yada yada - theres a forum (no one uses) at SaintssHeaven (nice look shame no one ever there..) I suggest this hip crew get on over there and go for it and stop bleating on about the "good old days" that in truth werent that good.

FFS its the off season - as long as I can remember this place has always had weird and wonderful arguments in season and esepcially during the off season. If you cant take the heat...

“Yeah….nah””