Club Website...18,000 members pre Christmas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Teflon wrote: What I can categorically say is - unlike the departed coach - I have NOT heard Rod Butters since he left in the media bagging the club, slinging mud at the new Board whatsoever...theres a fact many seem to miss that probably says more about the the 2 men than any words/adulation will.
Yes that is true and it's good that RB hasn't resorted to those low life tactics like GT has.

RB in that respect alone is only acting as any person should given the circumstances.

On the other hand, RB was ousted in a democratic way by a massive margin, whilst GT was sacked........
RB was effectively sacked - by the members who he was ultimately accountable to.

Thomas was sacked by the Board who he was ultimately accountable to.

That is how it should be for both men.

Niether mans "sacking" should have any bearing whatsoever or give them the right to continually mouth off about the club in the media.

As I said - Ones said nothing since he left. The other cant help himself.......the rest can judge for themselves.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Teflon wrote: What I can categorically say is - unlike the departed coach - I have NOT heard Rod Butters since he left in the media bagging the club, slinging mud at the new Board whatsoever...theres a fact many seem to miss that probably says more about the the 2 men than any words/adulation will.
Yes that is true and it's good that RB hasn't resorted to those low life tactics like GT has.

RB in that respect alone is only acting as any person should given the circumstances.

On the other hand, RB was ousted in a democratic way by a massive margin, whilst GT was sacked........
RB was effectively sacked - by the members who he was ultimately accountable to.

Niether mans "sacking" should have any bearing whatsoever or give them the right to continually mouth off about the club in the media.

As I said - Ones said nothing since he left. The other cant help himself.......the rest can judge for themselves.
I actually cant remember GT bagging the Saints unless it was in his role as a commentator. Maybe I am wrong.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

I actually cant remember GT bagging the Saints unless it was in his role as a commentator. Maybe I am wrong.
I think some of his comments re: Milne/Gehrig in the media since he left could have been left out.

I also think by promising not to conduct his disagreement with Rod Butters in the media publicly only to then give an "exclusive" to SEN (his employer) the next day was poor (and yes I also thought Butters should have shut up- but he didnt make the grandiose promise and then not stick to it......which is important in my book....if your gonna say it....mean it).

As I said - since his departure have not heard a word from Rod Butters in the media and I hope it remains that way because it speaks volumes about both.

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Teflon wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:It's pleasing to see that the club hasn't imploded because Rod's gone.

Bet there's some people around here feeling a little silly over their hysterics.
What a sad indictment on the type of person you clearly must be that we as a club cant be happy with a great membership result without slagging off at an ex Prez who did his best over 8 years? "
Being pleased the club hasn't imploded as plenty suggested it would is being negative? I couldn't be more happy with the way the club has got on with it.

And where did I slag Rod? Can you read? :?
or degenerating a good thread into another "look at Jeffdumb debate
No, as usual it you that has brought the tone of the thread down my not so friendly stalker.

Must be a hoot round your joint over Xmas....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cmon people...this thread is supposed to be a celebration of our rocketing membership!!!

JeffDunne...enough of that abuse thanks..your comment has been deleted

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Teflon wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:It's pleasing to see that the club hasn't imploded because Rod's gone.

Bet there's some people around here feeling a little silly over their hysterics.
What a sad indictment on the type of person you clearly must be that we as a club cant be happy with a great membership result without slagging off at an ex Prez who did his best over 8 years? "
Being pleased the club hasn't imploded as plenty suggested it would is being negative? I couldn't be more happy with the way the club has got on with it.

Why would you introduce club implosions in a thread specifically speaking about a good pre xmas membership result?(other than to drag your typical lame @ss doom and gloom around....)

And where did I slag Rod? Can you read? :?

Ah...hes at it again "do show me where I was actually referring to Rod Butters while talking about implosions....." - my mistake...you mustve been talking about Nathan Burke.... :roll:
or degenerating a good thread into another "look at Jeffdumb debate
No, as usual it you that has brought the tone of the thread down my not so friendly stalker.

Theres nothing more dangerous than a tw!t feigning intelligence armed with a computer.........you introduced the "implosions" bullshyte to a good read....(it was until I came across that cheap, lame @ssed shot anyway) so why not just accept responsibility for putting another negative spin on what was a good thread for once instead of trying to pass the buck?
Must be a hoot round your joint over Xmas....
Be the only Xmas action youd be gettin Id reckon... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

saint66au wrote:JeffDunne...enough of that abuse thanks..your comment has been deleted
"Jeffdumb" isn't abuse?

:roll:

There's a common denominator in the threads that go downhill if you hadn't noticed.

If you haven't the balls to address the cause then reap what you sow.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

There are kids that read this site Jeff - calm down.

As for "common denominators" - I find your entire approach quite "common" and my point is exactly as Saint66 points out - this thread is about a great club result we are all celebrating - NOT implosions. If you feel uncomfortable with good Xmas cheer and general happiness around the club Id suggest you take a break for a while and come back a little more composed.

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its while since Ive overheard a row in a kindergaten sandpit...but every now and again one erupts on here

ITs pretty boring...the same old usual suspects start name calling and screaming "you started it" before kicking their toys out of the crib

I saw Loriswa on here today. Shes one of my favorite posters and she very rarely posts here now..why?? Cos I know for a fact she's had a gutful of the childish tantrums that get thrown on this site the minute GT or RB's name get mentioned

Speaking of names...I'm naming them....Teflon, JeffDunne, Rodgerfox and barks4eva ...not an exclusive list but four JUST FOR STARTERS....get over yourselves all of you....your ego's and childish name calling annoy the crap out of many many people on here. Someone disagrees with you..suck it in kids..and state your opinions without resorting to the kind of crap that this thread and it seems every discussion on GT has descended to.

/rant :evil:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:[Some of that is true but at least 2 directors(Rod and Casey) put their own houses up so the club could get a loan. Also Rod on many occassions paid for all the after match functions for the players in his first couple of years so that is indeed putting money into the club.
I like your posts 66, but in this case i must say that what you are saying simply is not correct...neither put up their houses..it is just urban myth... you can check with any of the board from then, the ceo , or the cfo. and if you dont have access to those guys, you can look at their land title searches.... anyway, it was suggested that RB would possibly secure a mortgage after the Blight fiasco, but in the end it did not happen. the afl advanced some distributions and their bankers secured the clubs line of credit...

RBnW
Club Player

4theluvoftheclub wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[Some of that is true but at least 2 directors(Rod and Casey) put their own houses up so the club could get a loan. Also Rod on many occassions paid for all the after match functions for the players in his first couple of years so that is indeed putting money into the club.
I like your posts 66, but in this case i must say that what you are saying simply is not correct...neither put up their houses..it is just urban myth... you can check with any of the board from then, the ceo , or the cfo. and if you dont have access to those guys, you can look at their land title searches.... anyway, it was suggested that RB would possibly secure a mortgage after the Blight fiasco, but in the end it did not happen. the afl advanced some distributions and their bankers secured the clubs line of credit...
getting this back on track.....its an impressive result pre Christmas by the club and the membership area, how does it place us against the other melbourne clubs at this time...we would have to be up there.... :lol: :D

Our best is yet
to come......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:
Well we will disagree then as one the the ex board must have lied to my face.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

RBnW wrote: getting this back on track.....its an impressive result pre Christmas by the club and the membership area, how does it place us against the other melbourne clubs at this time...we would have to be up there.... :lol: :D
A great effort by the membership dept, and good thinking to keep the prices the same , but add benefits...I got the corporate brochure in the mail last week, and again, they have held the prices the same, so no excuse for the corporates not to renew, and hopefully get more on board.
Last edited by 4theluvoftheclub on Sun 23 Dec 2007 9:21am, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote: getting this back on track.....its an impressive result pre Christmas by the club and the membership area, how does it place us against the other melbourne clubs at this time...we would have to be up there.... :lol: :D
essendon reported to be at record 23,000 pre christmas
aiming for 40,000- the age 23/12

was just wondering on the others- will do alittle hunting.
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 23 Dec 2007 10:59am, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
4theluvoftheclub wrote:

P66 we cant change history or the past...but the good news is we are on track in 2008, well prepared and with a lot of good people on board across the club.....I cant remember a 3 month period like this where it has gone from potential sh*# to settled, proffesional, stable and tracking well...there is a feeling of unity coming out of the club like we have not had for a long time...at least not the past 8 years...if we all stay on the same direction it will be a big year.....the old board did many things right and wrong....for me having Burkie and Thomo on the board is a great thing...both life members who we know love the club and have spilled blood for the club....whatever happened in the past will not happen again with guys like that on our board...integrity plus from both of these guys will keep the others honest......this lot will not self destruct at least not in public or in the media..... :wink:

Our best is yet
to come......
yipper
SS Life Member

RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
4theluvoftheclub wrote:

P66 we cant change history or the past...but the good news is we are on track in 2008, well prepared and with a lot of good people on board across the club.....I cant remember a 3 month period like this where it has gone from potential sh*# to settled, proffesional, stable and tracking well...there is a feeling of unity coming out of the club like we have not had for a long time...at least not the past 8 years...if we all stay on the same direction it will be a big year.....the old board did many things right and wrong....for me having Burkie and Thomo on the board is a great thing...both life members who we know love the club and have spilled blood for the club....whatever happened in the past will not happen again with guys like that on our board...integrity plus from both of these guys will keep the others honest......this lot will not self destruct at least not in public or in the media..... :wink:
Totally agree. This is the perfect changing of the guard - reckon other clubs are aghast at how well we have done this. We have landed on our feet and are running without missing a beat. Very exciting times lay ahead.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
HarveysDeciple

saint66au wrote:Its while since Ive overheard a row in a kindergaten sandpit...but every now and again one erupts on here

ITs pretty boring...the same old usual suspects start name calling and screaming "you started it" before kicking their toys out of the crib

I saw Loriswa on here today. Shes one of my favorite posters and she very rarely posts here now..why?? Cos I know for a fact she's had a gutful of the childish tantrums that get thrown on this site the minute GT or RB's name get mentioned

Speaking of names...I'm naming them....Teflon, JeffDunne, Rodgerfox and barks4eva ...not an exclusive list but four JUST FOR STARTERS....get over yourselves all of you....your ego's and childish name calling annoy the crap out of many many people on here. Someone disagrees with you..suck it in kids..and state your opinions without resorting to the kind of crap that this thread and it seems every discussion on GT has descended to.

/rant :evil:
absolutely spot on mate.

All this Jeffdumb, todgerpox, deflon etc etc....how old are you people?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thanks HD....hey people how about a bit of respect for fellow posters..can we call a halt to the Primary School name calling??

Just back on track for a moment...Essendon have 23,000 members at present..thats 5000 more than us..and they always get off to a flier as they'd had 12 x monthly payments for years

If we can keep pace with them from here on in, and I cant see why we cant.. 35,000 is very very gettable!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saint66au"]

Just back on track for a moment...Essendon have 23,000 members at present..thats 5000 more than us..and they always get off to a flier as they'd had 12 x monthly payments for years
35,000 is very very gettable!!![/quote]

It will take committment, but I'm with you. WE CAN DO IT !!

midas_touch
Club Player

Good to see that we're on par with two years ago where we ended up with a all time membership record. 35000 cannot be out of the question, especially if we start the season off to a flyer.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saint66au wrote:
35,000 is very very gettable!!![/quote]

It will take committment, but I'm with you. WE CAN DO IT !!

might buy a couple of the kids memberships after chrissie...they have young families and not much spare cash.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see I was vindicated in my original comment regarding Butterss putting money into the club while other ex employees were trying to take money out of the club.

Not one person can deny this is true especially after the revelations by plugger66 tha Butterss put up his house as equity for a loan, and paid for many player after match functions. I also know for a fact that he paid out thousands upon thousands at club auctions.

Anyway, as I said in my other posts, the agenda driven Butters haters would have been relentless in the distabilisation of the club at any cost to see the back of Butters. Rod saw the writing on the wall and left graciously and professionally for the good of the club. Others have noted not a word from Butters since he left, as it should be.

Interestingly $276,000 equates to 1971 adult members @ approx $140 a membership, about the number we are ahead on last years figures.

But nah the ex employee bleeds red, white, and black, and would never do anything to hurt the club - pigs arse :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

the revelations by plugger66 tha Butterss put up his house as equity for a loan,
See thats the trouble JB...others have refuted that claim as an urban myth..and swear by that story as much as plugger66 does his

I'm over taking sides on this. I just wish something, anything could happen to close a book on the whole saga. If nothing else it wold make moderating this site a relative doddle LOL 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
the revelations by plugger66 tha Butterss put up his house as equity for a loan,
See thats the trouble JB...others have refuted that claim as an urban myth..and swear by that story as much as plugger66 does his

I'm over taking sides on this. I just wish something, anything could happen to close a book on the whole saga. If nothing else it wold make moderating this site a relative doddle LOL 8-)
Well the OP was about 18k membership. It was taken off track by a poste wanting to make points about the ex president. I responded by making the point that RB was a good St.Kilda man who put money into the club. Another poster with a known an anti Butters agenda came on trying to sully Butters name - not once denying what I originally said was true, that Butters put money into the club while others ex employees were trying to extract even more ($276k at last count) money from the club.

Sorry Saints66au but can you point me to the posts that show me that Butters didn't put money into the club. All I see is attempts to sully an ex presidents legacy and what he actually did for our club. I didn't see a post denying what plugger66 said was true, all I saw was some usual suspects sluring Butters name because they can deny the simple truth which is -

Butters put money into our club, and held an honorary position for 7 years while Thomas took money from the club and now whats to bleed it for more.

this is the simple fact - this is the undeniable fact, this is the fact that Butters haters can dispute - all they can attempt to do is deflect and lamely try to sully what Rod did for the club.

Like Everitt before him, Thomas is attempting to take the money of 1970 adult memberships off the club. This is after all of Thomases proclomations that he would never hurt the club and he bleeds red, white, and black.

Well he bleeds all right. He is bleeding our club and its paying members for every cent he can get his hands on.

Hooray for this new admin. It wont give in to this highway robbery.

I am getting more and more impressed with this new admin every day, however getting less and less impresed with the ex coach by the second.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:
That was the post I was referring to JB...as I said its really one posters word against another...and both claim to have the "inside news"

My own personal opinion? If I was GT now and wanted to get everyone back onside with me I'd ring Greg Westaway and say "Hey there...I still believe that the Club owes me money..but that was the previous administration and my beef is with them not you guys..so I'll cope without the cash, put it towards winning our Club a flag!"

Result? We keep the cash earmarked for him, GT is back in the fans' good books, there is peace on Earth and goodwill to men..and we get on with winning a flag!!!

...then the alarm goes off and I find its all a dream :?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor