Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: Personally, Teflon, I find your underlying tone of aggressiveness to be a complete turnoff. But then again, I don't really read you all that much!

Have a good Christmas though.
It really is a shame, because when he is posting seriously he is one of the better posters around IMO...

Teflon, if you read this, you really need to pick up your act, you can be a great contributor to the site it is just time to give up the childishness, we're all saints supporters here, can we keep to discussing the saints rather than having these stupid little arguments time and time again that always start out as serious talk about St.Kilda and then end up sending everybody off to get a ruler...
get a ruler??? I know how to fix this situation up, get everyone down to a pub somewhere, we can debate all day long and I'll bet we achieve a lot more peaceful debate, forums tend to be a bit impersonal and less respectful EG abuse is tempered when doing it face to face.
I've met many on this forum and conversation has always been cordial, forums for some reason tend to bring out the pseudo bravado.
See ya there for a pot. :)
I'm sure you'll understand the ruler remark if you have a good think about it :) :) :wink: :wink:
As for people being different online, it is just apart of human nature, when online a phenomenon similar to mob mentality occurs people think that they can do and say whatever they want without fear of consequences, it's a bit sad really...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:If GT is genuinely owed entitlements (what ever the sum) I hope he is paid by the club.

What ever income GT derived from the club in his tenure as coach be it excessive or not sufficient is totally irrelevant to the matter at hand.

IF GT is acting as deviously as some here believe he will be exposed if this matter reaches Court and he will bare Court and associated costs and leave without compensation.

I would very much doubt that this matter will find its way to Court and will be settled once the club reaches a figure acceptable to GT – obviously more than $100K.

Attempting to debate the merit of the case without any real knowledge is and exercise in futility.

GT is looking after GT, can’t personally see anything wrong with that. He does not have to forgo money he believes he is owed because he has publicly stated his love of St Kilda.
GT loves GT, no issue with that either!

Personally I look forward to the matter being finalized and St Kilda rid of Grant Thomas and the Grant Thomas/ Rod Butterss era. I thank them for what they did for the club but I am equally glad both have moved on.

GT & RB reached there use by dates, unfortunately the new custodians of the club haven’t quite finished clearing out the fridge since taking up residency.
You've restored my faith JB.

Merry Christmas to you & your family.
A moment of sanity, the medication does work from time to time :wink:

A safe and happy Christmas to you and your family JeffDunne.
May we put on the gloves and do it all again next year!

Cheers
Joffa
Whoa...I must be drunk, I can't disagree with one word of that !

Merry Christmas to all @ Saintsational, and all past and present servants of our Club, especially the volunteers, they are the salt of the earth !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
I'm sure you'll understand the ruler remark if you have a good think about it :) :) :wink: :wink:
As for people being different online, it is just apart of human nature, when online a phenomenon similar to mob mentality occurs people think that they can do and say whatever they want without fear of consequences, it's a bit sad really...
Yep I get it and as I said a meeting would fix it. :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

get a ruler??? I know how to fix this situation up, get everyone down to a pub somewhere, we can debate all day long and I'll bet we achieve a lot more peaceful debate, forums tend to be a bit impersonal and less respectful EG abuse is tempered when doing it face to face.
I've met many on this forum and conversation has always been cordial, forums for some reason tend to bring out the pseudo bravado.
Never a truer word spoken Fireman..wise words indeed. A few of the internet keyboard heroes on hre could do a lot worse then get out and meet a few of the people who's personalities they so blithely think they have worked out on here

They might get a very very pleasant surprise....those of us who deem to meet in the real world arent a bad lot at all!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saint66au"those of us who deem to meet in the real world arent a bad lot at all!!![/quote]

Speak for yourself :roll: :wink:

There are a small number of misery guts' who want nothing other than to sponge beer off others. Have you ever heard of Rogerwa :roll: :wink: !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Never a truer word spoken Fireman..wise words indeed. A few of the internet keyboard heroes on hre could do a lot worse then get out and meet a few of the people who's personalities they so blithely think they have worked out on here

They might get a very very pleasant surprise....those of us who deem to meet in the real world arent a bad lot at all!!!
And conversely realise that some on here really prove to be the dickheads they make of themselves on here... :lol: Only Jokin.
We have had get togethers in the past, I'm sure we can do it again.
It would certainly stabilise things a bit around here.
Merry Xmas all.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

There are a small number of misery guts' who want nothing other than to sponge beer off others. Have you ever heard of Rogerwa !!
Thats funny..the rogerwa I met last was a totally friendly character who spent hours of his own time handing out Harvey masks with his troop..there must be two of em LOL

(I reckon I just scored a free beer the next time he's over!!)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
There are a small number of misery guts' who want nothing other than to sponge beer off others. Have you ever heard of Rogerwa !!
Thats funny..the rogerwa I met last was a totally friendly character who spent hours of his own time handing out Harvey masks with his troop..there must be two of em LOL

(I reckon I just scored a free beer the next time he's over!!)[/quote]

Miracles stopped hapening a long time ago :wink: !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote::lol: at the 'leopards - spots' comments.

How apt.

Could be said to a mirror ya think?

Personally, Teflon, I find your underlying tone of aggressiveness to be a complete turnoff. But then again, I don't really read you all that much!

Mate If I never turn you on thats a good thing.....

Oh yeah...Happy New Year :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: Personally, Teflon, I find your underlying tone of aggressiveness to be a complete turnoff. But then again, I don't really read you all that much!

It really is a shame, because when he is posting seriously he is one of the better posters around IMO...

Teflon, if you read this, you really need to pick up your act, you can be a great contributor to the site it is just time to give up the childishness, we're all saints supporters here, can we keep to discussing the saints rather than having these stupid little arguments time and time again that always start out as serious talk about St.Kilda and then end up sending everybody off to get a ruler...
Armoo I appreciate the sentiment (no need for a ruler.....I find the foot longs difficlut to buy anyhow...) and I know what it is your trying to say - I also enjoy reading your posts and believe me I do come here to talk footy so I hope you also read this . I guess what I find annoying (always have) is that mentallity that sees certain posters free to be attacked, castigated all day long with little reprimand or even warning (go back and read where this thread went off the rails - it was all talking footy...untill saints43 decides to join the "crew" and have a cheap whinge about Barks....and then check out who the veiled threats are aimed at..."need we remind you Teflon...blah blah blah"). Dont get me wrong Barks is big enough and ugly enough and all that BUT hes a poster I enjoy reading on the site - I dont always agree with him - but find his posting often thought out and at least humurous (I know many dont thats also there perogative so why respond at all with a nothing whinge post that attacks the poster....I get sick and tried of that trust me...). Yes we are ALL guilty of it and it is something that we'll ALL have to work on in the New Year :wink: - but I believe that working on such a shift to a better more respectful forum would be greatly served if the "improvement" wasnt solely directed at a select few...whilst many repeat offenders are simply left to continue on their way.

Have a great New Year by the way. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:...untill saints43 decides to join the "crew" and have a cheap whinge about Barks....
Not correct. b4e's posting had already been referred to twice.

The "crew" is a figment of your imagination. I only know two posters on this site personally and only use this site on public forums.

You may enjoy reading b4e's posts but I don't. In fact IMO if you've read the latest one you've read 'em all. Thousands of 'em.

I reckon I'm allowed to write a criticism of his posting habits. My one post on the subject is hardly as annoying as the points re b4e made in my first post.

I'm not sure what my opinion on b4e has to do with you... not in a "crew" are you?

I don't like his post beacuse they're repetitive and very loose with facts & context and I don't like your post because I think your a opinions are generally rubbish (your right to post them, of course) and your snide attitude and winky smart-arse way of writing.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Have a good New Year as well.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Build a bridge fellas and jump across into 2008.

Not sure why this was dragged up again from a week ago, but let it go.

New leaf and all that....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Build a bridge fellas and jump across into 2008.

New leaf and all that....
...and so say (almost?) all of us!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
There's one reason.

It's always the same reason.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:...untill saints43 decides to join the "crew" and have a cheap whinge about Barks....
Not correct. b4e's posting had already been referred to twice.

The "crew" is a figment of your imagination. I only know two posters on this site personally and only use this site on public forums.

You may enjoy reading b4e's posts but I don't. In fact IMO if you've read the latest one you've read 'em all. Thousands of 'em.

I reckon I'm allowed to write a criticism of his posting habits. My one post on the subject is hardly as annoying as the points re b4e made in my first post.

I'm not sure what my opinion on b4e has to do with you... not in a "crew" are you?

I don't like his post beacuse they're repetitive and very loose with facts & context and I don't like your post because I think your a opinions are generally rubbish (your right to post them, of course) and your snide attitude and winky smart-arse way of writing.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Have a good New Year as well.
Ahh there you have it...response full of (other than the usual) personal opinion on others posters.....says it all really. Do try and grab a view of your own or if you dont like others opinions I suggest you desist from reading a forum which is full of..........peoples opinions!! :lol: :shock:

Winky smart @ss out... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
There's one reason.

It's always the same reason.
Yes and the usual fan flamers/argument inciters and bottom feeders are left to roam lose in the back paddock......where we could really clean up the personal dribble that from time to time permeates this forum....

“Yeah….nah””