Best piece of memorabilia?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LoeweBrow
Club Player

Best piece of memorabilia?

What is your favorite item of Saints memorabilia? Any unusual collectors items or things you are particularly proud of?

"No comment IS a comment" - George Carlin
juspen
Club Player

Club condoms were a bit of a hit in the late 70's - still got mine tucked away in the cellar although may need a bit of a spit and polish

jill
Club Player

Did scrapbooks as a kid - late 50's - but my scrapbook started in a pink pages telephone book in 1963 & continuing until early 70's is magic - especially '66 :lol: I especially love the '62 cutting of Darrel Baldock & baby son David - swapped at least 3 of my favourite Beatles pictures for it!!
Also have original Weg '66 poster with headlines from paper pasted on & laminated. the felt pennant saying premiers '66 & team printed on it. In 97 Mum gave me a Robert Harvey Brownlow medallist T-Shirt signed by the great champion, my '66 Season's Ticket & a photo of my young (then) cousins at '66 picnic with Barry Breen.
Have lots of photos taken over the years (including 1 of me & my sister published in Herald Sun) of many players but my favourite is of my nephew aged about 8 with Trevor Barker. My nephew went on to play at Sandy & Jack Barker was a fan of him!
Have also a big collection of The Saint which I still enjoy going through.
However while all these are special, it's the memories that are irreplaceable. The wonderful characters I've met who followed the Saints whether at the Junction Oval ,Moorabbin, Waverley or the Dome as well as fond memories of favourite players - Peter Bennett (my 1st hero), Billy Young, Leo Garlick, Darrell Baldock. Trevor Barker etc.
Just LOVE my team & live in hope for a 2nd Premiership!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

juspen wrote:Club condoms were a bit of a hit in the late 70's - still got mine tucked away in the cellar although may need a bit of a spit and polish
Can this troll be blocked????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
esaint66
SS Life Member

hahah gotta love those pro star little player models and there heads were twice as big as the body and they came with a card where you would mark the player rating out of 10. ive got 2 out of the three, got loewe and burke missing winmar. i'll start looking out for one now :D

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

Well anything st.kilda of course i love and treasure,among the items is me 2001 saints jacket which i always seem to wear :P ,among new recent additions is the awesome saints wallet which my g/f got me for xmas,among about another dozen sainters stuff,arnt i the luckiest and aint she the best,hehe 8-)

That in itself is an amzing achievment given how hard it can be finding saints merchandise here in s.a,like a needle in a haystack at times but she managed to suss them out,like i said shes the greatest. :D

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I've got a framed jumper from when the site sponsored Grammy a few years ago, but my fave memorabilia is my old 1980's Saint Ruckle.

I used to collect them, I had ours, North, Footscray, Fitzroy and Demons but only ours is left now.

milney044
Club Player

for me its probably my st kilda hat signed by the majority of the '95 team including trevor barker. in particular i like how its signed "to alana happy 5th birthday love nathan burke"

got a fair few scrap books, ones signed by a few of the current group, but signed before id put anything in there.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
GrumpyOne

saintsRrising wrote:
juspen wrote:Club condoms were a bit of a hit in the late 70's - still got mine tucked away in the cellar although may need a bit of a spit and polish
Perhaps we could make the use of a condom retrospective in his case?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Perhaps we could make the use of a condom retrospective in his case?
how about compulsary euthanasia

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

I'm not sure why Juspen has been called a troll, unless it is for previous posts.

I too had some Saints condoms. They're probably still in my wallet 'cause I'm sure I never had any use for them.

As for Memorabilia, I'm a Saints Jumper Collector. I love them all, the heritage tops, the yellow perils, the Red Hot Cross's even tho old woolly ones with the floppy collars.

My favourite would have to be the framed Sir Robert Harvey Memorabilia with the 2 Brownlows. Of course it's in the poolroom.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

On the Bench wrote:
As for Memorabilia, I'm a Saints Jumper Collector.
likewise!
it is stupid how many jumpers i have.
because i am only 15 i dont have any wool ones, only jumpers from 2000-2007.
i have the hot cross bun, 5 home jumpers (all different sizes and different sponsors on them) candy strip jumper, 2004 heritage, 2007 clash.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Persuader
Club Player

I've kept my record from the last match at Moorabbin.
Also a Tony Lockett autograph signed to me and more recently, when I was in Perth, one from George Young (big hero).
I've got Kosi's jumper in a frame on the wall but that's about it.
Bit spare really for a lifetime's commitment.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

i have a gf record signed by players from both sides as a young boy managed to get in the rooms after the game

the best signature on it however is when i took it to school on monday and Robbie Muir's brother who was at my school added his signature to it,

fqf

GrumpyOne

terry smith rules wrote:and Robbie Muir's brother who was at my school added his signature to it,

fqf
Did Robbie Muir's brother play for us?

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

no Robbie Muirs brother did not, but it sort adds a certain something to all the signatures, as Robbie did not player until a few years later

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

On the Bench wrote:I'm not sure why Juspen has been called a troll, unless it is for previous posts.
It is, and his post in this thread was a clear troll, and in highly poor taste.

Batnoe

My 1966 framed guernsay

and also every car since 1995

13 cars in total one of every year

GrumpyOne

terry smith rules wrote:no Robbie Muirs brother did not, but it sort adds a certain something to all the signatures, as Robbie did not player until a few years later
I once met Mad Dog, and I never played for the Saints, does that qualify me to sign the jumper? :shock:

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:no Robbie Muirs brother did not, but it sort adds a certain something to all the signatures, as Robbie did not player until a few years later
I once met Mad Dog, and I never played for the Saints, does that qualify me to sign the jumper? :shock:
it is actually a footy record

and I think it adds a little funny symmetry to the record, that there amongst all the great players signatures, barry lawrence ross smith cowboy etc is a signature of some 14yo, who unknowingly at that time, his brother would go on to be a cult figure

sorry if you don't get it

PLUGGER14
Club Player

On the Bench wrote:
My favourite would have to be the framed Sir Robert Harvey Memorabilia with the 2 Brownlows. Of course it's in the poolroom.
2 Brownlows??

I have Banger's 250th piece which has 1 replica brownlow & 1 replica EJ Whitten medal.

Is this what you are talking about?

GrumpyOne

terry smith rules wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
it is actually a footy record

and I think it adds a little funny symmetry to the record, that there amongst all the great players signatures, barry lawrence ross smith cowboy etc is a signature of some 14yo, who unknowingly at that time, his brother would go on to be a cult figure

sorry if you don't get it
If thats the way you view it, ok then, but IMO it devalues the item somewhat.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

no worries

it will never be for sale so does not matter

fqf

linz
Club Player

My pride & joy is Burkey's 300th game jumper.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

1997 jumper signed by Burke, Loewe and Alves.

Also many, many items signed by Harves (and others...)

I have a block mounted team poster signed by the entire 2006 team as well, hanging on the wall...