Conspiracy Theory

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Conspiracy Theory

Been a while since we've heard one and I've got a gem.

I believe that the current CEO of the AFL will do whatever it takes to increase the profile of the game and we all know that the key to success in untapped markets is success and promotion.

They stuffed it up with Freo as they didn't have a great marquee player and the side wasn't very good early anmd they remained a basket case until the big Pav came along... now they're a finacial powerhouse and a potential premiership contender.

They were a bit smarter with Port in that they got Wanganeen right off the bat helping them have a strong following... which in turn bought them time to put it together.

They were losing ground in Sydney so the AFL moved heaven and earth to help the Swans be successful... not blatantly but throw a decent draw, salary cap concessions, good run at the tribunal etc

Now they've turned their focus to the goldcoast and IMO this will work in our favour.
The highest profile goldcoast player in the AFL is Nick Riewoldt... make no mistake, they want him for the new club. He has said that he won't leave St.Kilda without a premiership... if Riewoldt delivers us a flag there would be less of an uproar if he chose to leave providing there was adequate compensation.
Two years until the club from the goldcoast enters the AFL; IMO the AFL will move heaven and earth to get us a flag b4 they arrive

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Conspiracy Theory

skeptic wrote:Two years until the club from the goldcoast enters the AFL; IMO the AFL will move heaven and earth to get us a flag b4 they arrive
or they will push for us to re-locate there

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Fertile imaginations at work? !!

RBnW
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
skeptic wrote:Two years until the club from the goldcoast enters the AFL; IMO the AFL will move heaven and earth to get us a flag b4 they arrive
or they will push for us to re-locate there
Breaking News.......Carrarra has just burned down......2 in 24 hrs.....everything we touch turns to smoke......no where to play on the Gold Coast....... Rooie stays in Melbourne :lol: :wink:

Our best is yet
to come......
aussiejones
Club Player

We know the AFL by its actions in the past so dont laugh too loud ...

Archive this prediction ........

"Now they've turned their focus to the goldcoast and IMO this will work in our favour.
The highest profile goldcoast player in the AFL is Nick Riewoldt... make no mistake, they want him for the new club. He has said that he won't leave St.Kilda without a premiership... if Riewoldt delivers us a flag there would be less of an uproar if he chose to leave providing there was adequate compensation.
Two years until the club from the goldcoast enters the AFL; IMO the AFL will move heaven and earth to get us a flag b4 they arrive"

Just look at history........of favourable treatment

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote:They stuffed it up with Freo as they didn't have a great marquee player
Pavlich is a "marquee" player. He's by far their best player, has a squeaky clean image, and is a genuine gun.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Love it !!!

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

That plan has been in place for year. Look at the Qld draftees to support Max and Nick.

Armitage, Gilbert, and the one that gave it away... Howard.

We're onto you.

It's a very simple shift to go to black white and maroon. Watch this space.

Great pick up skeptic.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
skeptic wrote:They stuffed it up with Freo as they didn't have a great marquee player
Pavlich is a "marquee" player. He's by far their best player, has a squeaky clean image, and is a genuine gun.
They tried with Modra, but he'd gone from "god" to "graven image" by the time he lobbed at purple puke land, hadn't he? :wink: :lol:

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Modra played some pretty good footy for Freo, but he certainly wasn't the media darling/superstar there he was at Adelaide.

Pavlich is the player to build as the public face of their club, as we do with Roo. He's a genuine gun player, media friendly, squeaky clean record and articulate. If I was at Freo I'd be building him up publicly as fast as possible, and I think they are beginning to do so.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Modra played some pretty good footy for Freo, but he certainly wasn't the media darling/superstar there he was at Adelaide.

Pavlich is the player to build as the public face of their club, as we do with Roo. He's a genuine gun player, media friendly, squeaky clean record and articulate. If I was at Freo I'd be building him up publicly as fast as possible, and I think they are beginning to do so.
in perth they have already he has a weekly spot on the news talking up the weeks game . but i think in the op he was refering to when Freo first started . i remember it very clearly they tryed like hell to attract a big name player they had plays for Harvey and Loewe but both were never gunna go play in purple they chase modra hard but he was still a top class player at the crows i think in the end after Ben Allen their main man was Craig Burrows and Peter Mann and to a lesser extent Steven O'riley :roll: :roll: :roll:
i remember the wish list they printed in the paper out of all the players they chased only allen was on the wish list

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ben_fff
Club Player

This conspiracy would be great if it happens, I couldn't care if Rooey leaves after we win a premiership, I just want to see us win the thing!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I said the exact thing to a bloke at work a couple of days ago.

Of course it will all be just a coincidence, wont it ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Roo for a premiership. I'll take that. Hate to see him go, but until he says he'll remain a Saint for the rest of his natural life, he's expendable. A premiership lives forever.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
Now don't go ruining a perfectly good conspiracy theory with facts :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Arden Street burned down, AFL try to send North north.

Frankston burns down, I wonder what comes next?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Now don't go ruining a perfectly good conspiracy theory with facts :wink:
Sorry about that. I'll try and control myself in future ... :wink:

linz
Club Player

I'd take a flag any day. It would be sad to see Roo go, but I am sure we would be well if not over compensated for him.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
RBnW
Club Player

what about a swap for J Brown.....and a few others.....dont think it would happen but....after we win a couple of flags.....maybe big J B wants to come back to Victoria and you never know..... :shock:

Our best is yet
to come......