GT, Dermy etc. after Game on Friday night on SEN, RE Harvey.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
Teflon wrote:FWIW - I pray Ross Lyon can win a flag with us cause should he Im gonna shove Grants "Preliminary final king" claim right down his f@rgon throat.
I thought this thread was about comments on Robert Harvey. Not Grant Thomas?
It is ......but I think a view on Grant is relative to the thread when Grant made additional comments on SEN on how he was (cause hes coached Harvey in more games than others) best placed to have an opinion. Id like to see Ross Lyon St Kilda Premiership coach express a view is my key point - to me that carries far greater weight.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:I still find this unbelievable.
Yes people are entitled to their opinion, but is it asking too much for people to have one not designed to generate headlines.
And genrating headlines is not their job, commenting on footy is....
Probably the best post on this thread - THAT is THE point.

“Yeah….nah””
Violent Stool
Club Player

maverick wrote:I still find this unbelievable.
Yes people are entitled to their opinion, but is it asking too much for people to have one not designed to generate headlines.
And genrating headlines is not their job, commenting on footy is....
That's not true at all.

Print 'journos' are there to sell papers.

Radio commentators are there to make people listen, in order to gain advertising dollars.

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
Saints94
SS Life Member

They need to take a good look at them selves

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Fact is if Grant Thomas was still coaching, Harvey would most likely be already retired!

Why does Robert Harvey rate Ross Lyon so highly aside from Lyon being such an excellent coach to begin with?

You figure it out.

I'm just glad that Thomas was the one that was exited out and Robert Harvey is still running around in his 21st season, the season of celebration.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SaintWal
Club Player

Back to the facts.

Harv's made two obvious errors on the night.
1) A kick to the centre where he was blind sided when he went to play on
2) A Dropped ball (when he went to kick) out of the back line which he recovered from.

The second error made me laugh because Peverill did exactly the same thing barely 30 seconds before but recovered with a shanked kick of his shin.

His other work in close with his hands was superb. He is a link up player who continually makes good flowing options for the team.

The question is whether he is in our best 22? The answer is obvious.

Of course he is.

Quixote
SS Life Member

What is the name of the medal for best on ground in the NAB Granny?

Harves is a monty.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
RBnW
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Fact is if Grant Thomas was still coaching, Harvey would most likely be already retired!

Why does Robert Harvey rate Ross Lyon so highly aside from Lyon being such an excellent coach to begin with?

You figure it out.

I'm just glad that Thomas was the one that was exited out and Robert Harvey is still running around in his 21st season, the season of celebration.
Maybe GT is getting back at Harvs for his testimonial speech where he said he was disapointed at GT taking away the captaincy from him after 1 year......I think you are right Harvs wouldnt be playing if GT was still there, niether would M Gardiner, King, Rix, McEvoy, Van Reehnan, G, Milne, Fiora, Schnider, Dempster and Kosi would be in the ruck with Blake....its only 14 months ago.......when you think of it in these terms......thank god we made the change.......that is why Harvs is still with us he has got a feeling that was never there with GT......and GT deep down cant handle that someone has turned this around so quickly..... :oops: :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Man....We let this arrogant nob dictate our club for nearly 5 years.....

wallbanger
Club Player

All that google-eyed fool does is continue to prove to me and others who thought he was not up to scratch when coaching the club that our opinion was correct.

The arrogant chump is only interested in getting his name in the spotlight again - the fact that he is still financially fighting with the club and then, whenever he gets the opportunity, bagging the coaching and or playing staff makes me sick. All this from a guy who his supporters say "would die for the St.Kilda football club". Yeah, right.

Me thinks not.

The less space we take up discussing this disgrace the better.

Harvs always has ordinary NAB cup games - come the real thing he will be his usual peerless self.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I see Dermott and GT are nowhere to be seen on Mike Sheahan's Top 50 list.

Harvey....... now let's see where he is........

oh yeah.......... 30th!

:lol:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Fact is if Grant Thomas was still coaching, Harvey would most likely be already retired!

You figure it out.

Maybe GT is getting back at Harvs for his testimonial speech where he said he was disapointed at GT taking away the captaincy from him after 1 year......I think you are right Harvs wouldnt be playing if GT was still there, niether would M Gardiner, King, Rix, McEvoy, Van Reehnan, G, Milne, Fiora, Schnider, Dempster and Kosi would be in the ruck with Blake....its only 14 months ago.......when you think of it in these terms......thank god we made the change.......that is why Harvs is still with us he has got a feeling that was never there with GT......and GT deep down cant handle that someone has turned this around so quickly..... :oops: :oops:
gee its is only 14 months ago. and you are right " think you are right Harvs wouldnt be playing if GT was still there, niether would M Gardiner, King, Rix, McEvoy, Van Reehnan, G, Milne, Fiora, Schnider, Dempster and Kosi would be in the ruck with Blake..." those players would not be playing for the saints. but who would have?
Last edited by saintly on Thu 06 Mar 2008 1:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
You articulated the point manificently :wink:

Thomas was/is a poisoned chalice, thankfully we have recovered quickly from the nuffiness, buffoonery and downright incompetence of the svengali snake oil salesman.

Ross Lyon has done an amazing job to turn around the list so quickly in what really was his first trading period, considering the timing of his appointment midway through the previous one.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Is this the same Dermie that took money off a local club to play 6-7games including the Grand Final and produced zero. Absolutely embarresed himself rolling around fighting some 20 year old kid. Maybe he should look at himself before judging others.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SuperSaint
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:I wouldn't even give Dermie the acknowledgement of discussing his comments. Didn't he make a fool of himself trying to extend his career at the Swans & Collingwood for more $$, after it was obvious to the Hawks (and just about everyone else) that he was a shadow of his former greatness and his playing days had passed him? :roll:

If anyone embarrassed himself at the end of his career was him. Go and see how bad this twit actually was, when he tried to prolong his career (and that's of course, when he was able to actually get on the park!!).
Exactly what I wrote earlier Curly. Dermie is a hypocritical tosser. :lol:
Last edited by SuperSaint on Thu 06 Mar 2008 7:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:It would not have mattered if it was someone besides GT and Derm that made the comments.

Reaction on this forum would have been the same for such ill considered cooments about a veteran player playing in what is basically a practice match.....and made more so because Harvey's game on the whole was actually quite ok.

actually he played 48% of the game and won 16 possessions......who cares what a couple of tossers say...both have their own agendas.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:It would not have mattered if it was someone besides GT and Derm that made the comments.

Reaction on this forum would have been the same for such ill considered cooments about a veteran player playing in what is basically a practice match.....and made more so because Harvey's game on the whole was actually quite ok.

actually he played 48% of the game and won 16 possessions......who cares what a couple of tossers say...both have their own agendas.....
Excuse me stinger, but you are on record now as officially calling Thomas a tosser, correct?

Violent Stool
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

Excuse me stinger, but you are on record now as officially calling Thomas a tosser, correct?
I've never met him, so I can't comment on whether or not he's a good guy or not.

But as a commentator I think he's interesting in as much as he says things that other gutless and corrupt commentators with agendas won't say.

As a coach, we were lucky to get him at the time, and as it seems right now, lucky to get rid of him at the time.

Why is everyone so worried about him these days?

To me, it looks like a really great era for our club. Finals and credibilty back, financially sound, then a sacked coach without any repurcussions, then sacked a board seamlessly. What's the problem?

We went through a tough time, and have clearly landed on our feet. Why is everyone so worried about things?

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

if he criticises banger, he is......

...no-one puts banger in a corner..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Say what you like about Rod Butters but I havent heard him bagging the club since he left - and hed have had plenty of opportunities. This leech (and dermutt) are simplistic in their football views, talk in circles and spend their whole back slapping each other. How anyone can think they are at all good to listen to or "enlightening" in a football sense is amazing.

We also need to thank Butters for 2 more things:

1. Hiring Grant Thomas when the club was on its knees publicly (after Blight) and needed a "sell"

2. Sacking Grant Thomas when the club then needed an AFL FOOTBALL coach - and then appointing one.

Stick it up em Harvs - I hope to hear Grant and Dermutt backtracking soon and I can hear it now..."now thats not what I said....what I said was on that particular night......" blah blah (to which the obvious answer is) - "you mean on the back of 1 game you decided Harvey had been reduced to some sad, senile pathetic sole roaming the footy field?".....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Say what you like about Rod Butters but I havent heard him bagging the club since he left - and hed have had plenty of opportunities. This leech (and dermutt) are simplistic in their football views, talk in circles and spend their whole back slapping each other. How anyone can think they are at all good to listen to or "enlightening" in a football sense is amazing.

We also need to thank Butters for 2 more things:

1. Hiring Grant Thomas when the club was on its knees publicly (after Blight) and needed a "sell"

2. Sacking Grant Thomas when the club then needed an AFL FOOTBALL coach - and then appointing one.

Stick it up em Harvs - I hope to hear Grant and Dermutt backtracking soon and I can hear it now..."now thats not what I said....what I said was on that particular night......" blah blah (to which the obvious answer is) - "you mean on the back of 1 game you decided Harvey had been reduced to some sad, senile pathetic sole roaming the footy field?".....
Havent heard Gt bag the club either. Just have opinions like everyone is entilted to do. One reason Rb has or hasnt had the chance is because he hasnt beeen asked because he was only a president and no one cares what he says.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

This whole thing is simple, and emphasised by a number of elements that have had me burning for days;

1. Grant Thomas potted, or supported the bagging of, Banger on the basis that he had coached him for more than anyone else. Huh? If Ross Lyon spent so much time at the end of '07 to have Rob go around again, that is freakin' well good enough for me. We are talking about the relative opinions of a machiavellian wanker vs a bloke who is a genuine, fair freakin' dinkum coach.

2. The SEN opinions, broadcast by BRERRRRRton, and supported by the great CEO elect, have as much validity as their post playing careers. Dermie had a growing career on Ch 9, on special comments. Then Ch 9 woke up. His waffling crap had been banished from 9 before they even lost the rights. So, what did Derm do? - smash repair shops. Oh, halle-freakin- luyah. He's sunk his bugs into the most corrupt industry in the state.

3. And, then we have the great GT. The man who bit on the bullet of dismissal, and graced us all with his defiant "well, I'll just go out and get a CEO's job". And? Not jack shyte, on the CEO front. Just a poxy specious commentary job on a low rating sports station. So, what does he do? Pot a man far greater than he will ever be. A more decent man. A giant of a man. And he is a midget.

Fruit all this "opinions are his right" nonsense. GT is a virus (reading Cassius, your ol' man is no good - go beyond him, make your own life). He had joined the BRERRRRRRton line 'cos it suited him. It was not honest, it was cheap.

And I go back to the start - if Ross the Boss appreciates Banger's contribution, and is so keen for him to play on, then I'm a smiling wee cheshire. Cos RTB can coach and his dud predecessor never could.

Bottom line - commentators can bullshyte, players can play.

They will be scraping egg off their appalling dials throughout '08, as the great man does what his coach expects.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
mischa
Club Player

^ :roll: :roll: Disgusting post as usual (esp. the Cassius part)

Go GT :wink:

mischa
Club Player

Teflon wrote:How anyone can think they are at all good to listen to or "enlightening" in a football sense is amazing.....
Yet you listen religiously :roll: :roll: There are other stations you know! No doubt you'll be informing us of everything GT says throughout the year :roll: :roll:

JeffDunne

Could someone post the quotes from GT that have caused such outrage that this thread is still going a week later?