?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

?

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:33am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Target audience I would suggest.

I think they do a good job....

People continually break the law in terms of those issues...thus I would suggest there isn't a limit to the number of times those types of messages are forced upon the public.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ads after every goal ARE annoying, but if those TAC ads mean that just one bike rider decides to wear his leathers instead of a tee-shirt the next time he goes for a ride, then I dont care how many times they play it.

The sad truth is that some people out there in the big wide world need to be saved from themselves. Common sense dictates that cotton shreds like wet paper when you slide it along bitumen at 70 km/hr, yet plenty of people still wanna be James Dean on wheels. Therefore, we need TAC ads and Spinner is right, its the perfect show to put them in.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:Target audience I would suggest.

People continually break the law in terms of those issues...thus I would suggest there isn't a limit to the number of times those types of messages are forced upon the public.
clearly shows the adds are working then??..

saint-stu
Club Player

What's with all the cancer ads too?

Melanoma and lung cancer. I don't want to be constantly reminded!

noddy

Whilst watching the Carlton - Richmond BLOCKBUSTER all R Walls could say was no goals have been scored....No goals means NO ADS means NO MONEY from Sponsors :D :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Spinner wrote:Target audience I would suggest.

clearly shows the adds are working then??..
How does that show the ads are not working? People will always break the law....

This is how your analogy sounds....Some people continue to break the law...Thus....The ads have no effect on anyone in the population.

That is one of the stupidest conclusions I have ever read....

And on a personal note...How The Simpsons were RIGHT: "Lisa, I would like to buy your rock!"

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:1 or 2 ads is OK, but it's way beyond a joke now.

Maybe they should run the ads after every point as well... that might save one or 2 more idiots.

Saying there are idiots and we need to save them is the wrong message. The idiots need to learn - or die - natural selection.
Nothing to do with me - or my wallet.

saint66au
"Ads after every goal ARE annoying, but if those TAC ads mean that just one bike rider decides to wear his leathers instead of a tee-shirt the next time he goes for a ride, then I dont care how many times they play it. "
There's no way of telling if the ads work or not. In fact I'd say they would make many kids do the opposite - just to spite the ads. I can just see a bunch of young adults NOT wanting to wear leathers - as a sign of toughness.

When 1024 drivers died per year in Victoria mainly from bad habits and bad roads - THEN there was reason for concern. That was long ago and we've been educated already. Enough is Enough.

Fact is they no longer care about our health or well being - it's all about controlling the masses. Endless messages to keep us on our toes - just when we'd like to relax a bit.
What about saving the lives of decent people who may lose their lives as a result of 'idiots' not following messages.....

Fact is, is isn't only the idiots and direct wrong doers these advertisements set out to protect....It's also in aim to protect and thus save those people who do the right thing, but are hit by people breaking the law.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: Saying there are idiots and we need to save them is the wrong message. The idiots need to learn - or die - natural selection.
Nothing to do with me - or my wallet.
Everything to do with you wallet. Do you know how much it costs the state for hospital care and rehabilitation of motor accident victims? Do you know how much on going care is need for life?

The drain on the public purse is incredible
aussierules0k wrote:Fact is they no longer care about our health or well being - it's all about controlling the masses. Endless messages to keep us on our toes - just when we'd like to relax a bit.
Rubbish. Has nothing to do with keep you on your toes. Dont watch if you dont like the ads. Nobody is forcing you to watch.

In the 1970 there were over a 1000 deaths on the roads, now it is about 350. Multiply that by the thousands who are no longer as badly injured and there would be hundreds of thousands of potential victims saved by govt intervention.

Its not about your comfort, it is about real sorrow and hearbreak, and if it makes someone watching the footy think about it all the better. Mabye it wil be my life that is aved by these ads.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

All fair points.

However without the crackdown on drunks and lowering the speed limits and policing speeding and seatbelts many more innocent people would have been killed.

I honestly didn't notice the TAC ads, mostly because i channel surf during the ads. I saw the motor bike one but I agree the gore is uncalled for. I dont like the explicit nature of these ads, unfortunately the shock value wears off quickly and the ads have to get more and more graphic.

Will be worse in the weeks to come when the Saints are kicking 35 goals a game :wink: At least we can FF through the ads on the replay :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:32am, edited 2 times in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Just rambling on and interested in your views....

Should boxing be banned? After the Greene/Mundene fight - thousands of violent brawls broke out Aus wide. Where were the ads after every round telling the yobbo's not to fight?
No. Boxing is regulated and the boxers are strictly regulated. Cant stop fools from fighting, however we have laws in society and these people can be charged under these laws
aussierules0k wrote:After the Grand Prix the streets are full of yobbo speedsters. Ban GP? After all innocent people are/could be hurt.
Again - we have laws. If muppets break the law and are caught they can be charged or punished.

I would ba GP's not because of anti-social elements but because it wastes public money on an event that should be self funded.
aussierules0k wrote:OK... the ads we should have running during the footy are Life Be In It and ads that encourage healthy foods. That's the message most footy fans need.
Next time you have a piss at the footy you will be reminded that you cnt drink and drive. Obviously footy heads are the demographic identified by the TAC marketing muppets.

Life be in it is worthy but no less worthy than trying to stop people being mangled and killed in car accidents.

The thing I would ban is flowering (apologies to stinger) 4WD. They are a bloody weapon with their bullbars at head height and their halfwit dickheads on their mobiles :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lance or James??

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

claystreet
Club Player

I have melanoma dont think i need the reminder
as i watch the footy