Wayne Carey's dad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

Wayne Carey's dad

What can you say, other than it is obvious that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wayne Carey's dad

GrumpyOne wrote:What can you say, other than it is obvious that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html
Thought the same when I read it this morning.

markp
Saintsational Legend

At least it seems Wayne may be done with all the denials, whereas his Dad seems to be struggling.... I'll be very interested to watch tonight.

Beekay
SS Life Member

"It's the piss and his dick"

The typical male.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:"It's the piss and his dick"
Are we certain he isn't Fevolas dad, too? :roll: :wink: :lol:

Seems like a real pryck to me, just like his son.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

carey should have only agreed to a live interview...too much sh!t has been pre released.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Apparently the beer that the old man had his hand was part payment for doing the story......46 beers later....we have a story. :lol:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Reckon they fed six beers into him before that interview?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Reckon they fed six beers into him before that interview?
Junior or Senior?

I'd give even money odds on both.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Sounds charming.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

LOL Big Red we think alike..... :wink:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

No idea what his dad's character is like.

But this pr1ck - what I've seen so far in the interview - is a pathetic excuse for a man.

Embarrasses me to be a man of decent character (I think)

Errrr it wasn't me, it was Jason, it was Kelly, it was everyone but me.

Blah blah blah no drugs while I was playing.

Blah blah blah no consorting with Jason - he was just a neighbour who asked me for footballs, jumpers etc but I NEVER was seen at the races with him - even though others saw me with him.

Arrogant grabs of him after the titty incident in 94/95.

Is there anyone left who actually has any form of respect for him?

Loser 100%.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'm developing a real aversion to having a crack at the personal lives of AFL footballers.

I hate it. I'm interested in this interview, but I feel difficult to slash away at a bloke who's having one hell of a bad time.

I don't have a crack at my accountant, my lawyer or my local MP about what they do outside of the office; I'll often criticise them in a professional capacity if they are doing the wrong thing by me, likewise footy players (if they aren't trying their best to do the job we, as members, employ them to do), but their private lives are exactly that, for mine.
Last edited by evertonfc on Mon 31 Mar 2008 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:I'm developing a real aversion to having a crack at the personal lives of AFL footballers.

I hate it. I'm interested in this interview, but I feel difficult to slash away at a bloke who's having one hell of a bad time.

I don't have a crack at my accountant, my lawyer or my local MP about what they do outside of the office; I'll often criticise them in a professional capacity, likewise footy players, but their private lives are exactly that, for mine.
agreed.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'm developing a real aversion to having a crack at the personal lives of AFL footballers.

I don't have a crack at my accountant, my lawyer or my local MP about what they do outside of the office; I'll often criticise them in a professional capacity, likewise footy players, but their private lives are exactly that, for mine.
Fine line of when you cut a person some slack of when they realise realistically who they are - and what they've done wrong, and when a person is just doing something to benefit their current situation.

Body language, sincerity, past history of not learning etc. goes towards that.

1994/95 incidents compared to 2007/08 incidents only seem, on face value to have gone on a downward slide.

Would love to see what Alan Pease would make of this interview.

Cocaine and alcohol on "the" night when he jacked the coppers up.

Had a few people back at the apartment, few more drugs, basically kept partying, two and a half days drugs and alcohol.

This "person" had thousands of kids wearing his jumper/number for a long long time.

HE WAS A ROLE MODEL TO MANY.

I have no worries at all about saying Carey is a goose, a dimwit and a fool.

Police were called by him and he said to them they weren't needed - after two and a half days of coke and alcohol - and tried to refuse them entry.

I wasn't going to watch the interview because I thought it would just make him out to be a victim - but Wayne himself has made himself look like a bigger fool than I thought he was.

Personal lives of footballers? He was a role model allegedly.

OMG his excuse for the wine glass - went to throw the wine on her - which is unacceptable and she got up - and cut her lip on the glass.

What a tool.

Errrrrrrr it wasn't me.

Coked up tool. and of course the coppers were wrong in LA or LV when they jumped on him, because he thought he was innocent.

I am very happy to give anyone a second chance, but this dick has had a second chance, a third chance, a fourth chance and what I can see at least a fifth chance and was still purporting to be a role model.

And because Kate doesn't want to press charges and there will be no conviction does not mean he is innocent.
Last edited by Iceman234 on Mon 31 Mar 2008 9:38pm, edited 2 times in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Is it just me or is he constantly smirking, almost trying not to have a laugh? I hope not, but...

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Is it just me or is he constantly smirking, almost trying not to have a laugh? I hope not, but...
It's not just you.

jill
Club Player

Sorry I just posted a new thread - but Wayne has learnt nothing! - am sorry ABC & Denton went with this one --- AND WAYNE'S JUST SAID HE'S NOT AGGRESSIVE!!!!!! and is he now ditching his girlfriend live on telly? - he's pathetic! :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

transcript will be on this site --

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/

but in the mean time the Lindsey Fox one from alet last eyar is there
Lindsay Fox
Lindsay Fox is the boss of the largest privately owned company in Australia. Read Transcript Video (excerpt) Audio Comment

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I am reliably informed by a close relative for whom Carey once did some work that the man has less than the average allocation of grey matter.

He was a great footballer: I know some ignorant souls on this forum like to bag him, but he was equal to Lethal Leigh as the best I've ever seen. He is also good looking in a fairly obvious, Chesty Bond sort of way.

Hence, he has long been able to behave more or less as he has wished off the field. And, being fundamentally stupid and shy and lacking in self-confidence (but, sadly for him, not in bravado which is accentuated when he has a few drinks), he has been led into all sorts of nonsense by all sorts of "friends" and hangers-on to his entourage: including, at least according to him, by his current girlfriend.

I didn't believe most of what Carey told Denton tonight: much of it (as Denton himself pointed out) sounded like it was scripted by his lawyers to present a picture of a man who loses self-control when intoxicated (and therefore has what the lawyers like to call "diminished responsibility" for his actions). Some of the other things he said sounded like he was parroting what his counsellor has been telling him.

He also said some things that sounded like absolute tosh and which he couldn't even put across convincingly: for example, that he got no money from New Idea or that what happened in Miami was all a blur (which he then contradicted by saying that he knew he hadn't meant to cut his girlfriend's face).

But he clearly likes regularly (and increasingly) to get blotto, perhaps partly to obliterate the void within himself. And - as Denton cleverly got him to confess at the end of the program - he has problems in treating women with respect: which probably attracts him to women who (with perhaps the exception of his wife) have little respect for themselves.

He's in huge trouble now, and he probably didn't do himself any favours by suggesting that he wouldn't show up at his trial if his lawyers suggested he shouldn't (I thought lawyers got disbarred for suggesting such things).

What a sad situation for such a great player to find himself in. Perhaps not quite as bad as Ablett, but perhaps more devastating because (and I know I'll cop flak for saying this) I don't think he's anywhere near as malign or self-deluded as GA snr. Just stupid and weak............

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Shaggy
Club Player

I am disgusted that a parent doesn't stick up for his child.

Carey is probably the 2nd best player I have seen apart from Plugger.

Carey has shown he is as bent as many off the field.

But my folks always stuck up for me which gives you the impetus for change.

I was lucky. Carey is not. Go figure.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

carey is scum IMO.

and his dad isn't that much better

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
avid
Club Player

Reading Carey senior in the Hun this morning gave me newfound respect for Wayne -- at least relatively speaking.

As far as role models go, Wayne obviously started off from a very, very low base.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

Fine line of when you cut a person some slack of when they realise realistically who they are - and what they've done wrong, and when a person is just doing something to benefit their current situation.
Iceman,

If it was Carey's football career that was in question, sure, I'll debate it until the end of time.

However, it's his personal life, his private life, and I wouldn't want him commenting on my personal affairs if it wasn't affecting him.

Quite frankly...I'm over the whole role model thing, too. I think it's a weak argument coughed up by those who think brain-dead kids won't be able to seperate right from wrong.

I've grown up with Leigh Matthews assualting Nev Bruns, Darren Millane killing himself, Justin Charles doing steroids, Wayne Carey shagging his mate's missus, Alan Didak mixing with criminals...and not ONCE did I ever think any of the above things were the right thing to do. Not only that, but the way the media pounces on the action, how could anyone think it was ok?

People won't cheat or bash their wives because Carey did it. If anything, the negative publicity of such issues makes it less likely that people will do it.

But here people sit on internet forums with psudenoms, taking pot shots at another human being who they don't know personally, and only feel compelled to comment because he was a champion player.

I reckon it stinks.

What Carey does behind closed doors is his business, and that if he is committed to turning his life around, then the general public should move on, too.

I can't stand the moral crusaders who jump on board and sink the boot in when there's no need to do so. It's pathetic, and an indictment on today's society that we are so desperate to log on, post and comment on the private life of another human being, so obviously in distress - even though it has absolutely no relevance to our lives.

But we just love sitting in our cushy chairs of moral glory, looking down at those celebrities and their respective falls from grace and thinking 'well they weren't that much better than us after all!'

FFS, I've had enough - I guess I'm interested to hear their side of the story, but the moral commentary and analysis that goes with it? Pointless drivel.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Iceman,

If it was Carey's football career that was in question, sure, I'll debate it until the end of time.

However, it's his personal life, his private life, and I wouldn't want him commenting on my personal affairs if it wasn't affecting him. Pretty sure he's not going to Evertonfc.

Quite frankly...I'm over the whole role model thing, too. I think it's a weak argument coughed up by those who think brain-dead kids won't be able to seperate right from wrong. Nothing to do with brain dead kids mate - I grew up worshipping George Young and others - would have been devastated as a kid to find out they were sub-human at that time or shortly after their careers finished - using cocaine etc. Sorry mate but these guys are role-models. Thousands of kids have worn his number on their back - to find out he's a woman beating coke snorting loser.

I've grown up with Leigh Matthews assualting Nev Bruns, Darren Millane killing himself, Justin Charles doing steroids, Wayne Carey shagging his mate's missus, Alan Didak mixing with criminals...and not ONCE did I ever think any of the above things were the right thing to do. Not only that, but the way the media pounces on the action, how could anyone think it was ok? Totally agree. Seem to have lost your point though as Carey has been a drug taking, assailant cheat who associates with crims. Poor form associating Matthews, Millane and Charles there :evil:
People won't cheat or bash their wives because Carey did it. If anything, the negative publicity of such issues makes it less likely that people will do it. I hope people won't do it because Carey does it. I hope adults realise it's totally inappropriate behaviour.

But here people sit on internet forums with psudenoms, taking pot shots at another human being who they don't know personally, and only feel compelled to comment because he was a champion player. Cool, my pseudonym has no dramas whatsoever with saying that tool Wayne Carey is a total loser who has had so many chances in life, been gifted with a natural talent that made him top five of all time best footballers and blew his chances at a mass media life and future because he is a weak character who succumbed to the evils of drugs etc. Don't need to know the bloke personally to make informed opinions of him, from his history and his OWN admissions. And aren't you here as a pseudonym putting forward your own opinions on what you clearly see as a pretty cool guy?

I reckon it stinks.

What Carey does behind closed doors is his business, and that if he is committed to turning his life around, then the general public should move on, too. Actually behind closed doors he snorts coke and drinks far too much alcohol to the point he calls the coppers to a domestic he's having then off his face, on his own admission after two and a half days of drugs and alcohol, attempts to take them on, then gets sprayed, then doesn't know what the hell he did - FFS he is a dick. Behind open doors he accidentally throws (again his admission) wine in his girlfreind's face, she happens to move forward and leans into poor Wayne's glass" Oh god stop me from splitting my sides. Need we go on? Jason Moran, titty scandal, ......

I can't stand the moral crusaders who jump on board and sink the boot in when there's no need to do so. It's pathetic, and an indictment on today's society that we are so desperate to see post and comment on the private life of another human being, so obviously in distress and with absolutely no relevance to our lives. Wayne Carey has made himself part of our lives, by being a star footballer, an alleged role model for kids and throwing himself into the media when he was clearly, at that time, again on his own admission, using illegal drugs. Said he had a coke problem for the last two years, conveniently since he retired, not when he was a tool when he was still playing.

Yeah I believe it..... As a journo Evertonfc, PM me and tell me if you believe what you saw

No wonder Big Brother has been around so long.