HELP - Match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

7 points...that's why we'll lose.

NEver know how to punish properly.

Snakeman66
Club Player

Goal Kosi

Scores level 43 all

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
maysiemoo

commentators just said harvs has gone into the rooms..?

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Xav Clarke is dead?

Snakeman66
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:Xav Clarke is dead?
U R a Dcik Head

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Harvs left quad injury.

maysiemoo

thank god mooney missed..

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Bench down to 2 Harvey off with a quad and Clarke stretchjered off for an incident off the ball - umpires didn't stop the match when the stretcher was on the ground and Geelong now have a shot on goal - which they missed

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
maysiemoo

point scoring seems contagious

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

WE've just kick 3 straight points.

God this team is fukcing s***.l

We are collapsing.

SuperSaint
Club Player

Gehrig's efforts better improve today. So far he has been very average in the contests. He should take note of Mooney's attack on the ball. For a man of his size his body work is pathetic.

maysiemoo

hey you brown-coat with the negativity.. leave it at the door...
not until we're 30 points down and there's 1 minute to go.. is it allowed in...

but at the moment its only 8 points..

Snakeman66
Club Player

Umpires must be on the cats.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

maysiemoo wrote:hey you brown-coat with the negativity.. leave it at the door...
not until we're 30 points down and there's 1 minute to go.. is it allowed in...

but at the moment its only 8 points..
Fair enough!!

Go saints!

maysiemoo

brown-coat wrote: Fair enough!!

Go saints!
haha good! thank you! :D

saintDal
Club Player

These in the back frees are bulls*** :evil:

maysiemoo

leigh fisher is now forward.
kicked a goal to put us at 50 and geelong is 65

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Saints 16 points down half time.

blarghhhh

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

i think at the start of the day we would of been happy just 16 points down.. Playing well so far!

my les foote
Club Player

When will they ever pay a free kick against Scarlett? He is absolutely mauling Gehrig whenever the ball goes there.

And don't touch one of their blokes when they have the ball.

And when you go up in front and pull the ball down on to your chest and hold it, most umpires would pay that as a mark.

AND, can anyone imaging that what Baker did to Farmer was any worse that that cheapest of cheap shots that West took on X? /rant

Win it for HIM!
my les foote
Club Player

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:i think at the start of the day we would of been happy just 16 points down.. Playing well so far!
This isn't 1986. We need to smash them.

Win it for HIM!
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

They are a bloody good side... THat dirty dog West is gone F****** dog act..

kalsaint
Club Player

Snakeman66 wrote:Umpires must be on the cats.
Is it just me but Saints players can be taken out of play and flattened without umpires noticing but they manage to apply kicks to Geelong for a multitude of very minor touches.

Why can a slipped tackle result in a legging free (to Cats) yet when the reverse happens its missd?

How can Scarlteet continually get away with small pushes in teh back but other forwards on both sides get frees? frazer needs to move more to become a goal scorer but according to the commetnary he is a forward decoy to keep Scarlett out of the running game Geelong likes.

I say forget that, move around and force the umps to pay the frees. I trsut Frazer on set shots but I dont trust others. 4goals 7points in the first quarter supports my thoughts.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Geelong are such dirty grubs- Dal Santo hit in the face/throat behind play, X unconscious because of a hit off the ball and behind play, many of our other boys being hit as well - most of it not even mentioned by the TV commentators.

We are struggling with 2 players unavailable to come back on (Harves and X)... this could be a problem as the game goes on... it seems to have already hit us in the midfield clearances.

However, what we can say so far is that the boys have shown great endeavour, and our defensive pressure has been great. We've had a never say die attitude which is great to see.

G Train is playing as a decoy - he is just trying to take Scarlett out of the game (which I guess is one advantage of the 3 big men in the forward line). A few contentious decisions have also gone their way at inconvenient times - and conversely, we didn't even get a free kick for the punches on Dal, X ... or earlier in the game, King.

What's been shown so far in the game is that regardless of the opposition, we are competitive when we are on fire.

Clint Jones hasn't had much of the ball, was on and off, but did cause 2 turnovers with great defensive pressure and tackling.

It seems that Dempster has had some difficulty adjusting to the increased speed of the AFL compared to Casey; he's appeared slow and indecisive at times. I'm not sure if his kicking/hadpassing is one sided, but he seemed to get caught on one occasion.

I thought Leigh Fisher's first quarter was as good as I've seen from him. Milne was doing a lot of good too in the 1st. Both didn't get much of it in the 2nd, we weren't in the forward line nearly as much. (Perhaps our forward entries might have been the same, but their half back line lifted and we didn't keep it long in our forward line). As well, arguably G Train could have been paid 2 free kicks against Scarlett and got none. (But if I was coach, I'd be telling him not to ask for free kicks, and just to make sure he got the ball).

Kosi wasn't as influential in the 2nd half either, I'd ask him to lift. At times he looks like he could tear the game apart, but then he goes quiet.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Geelong are such dirty grubs- Dal Santo hit in the face/throat behind play, X unconscious because of a hit off the ball and behind play, many of our other boys being hit as well - most of it not even mentioned by the TV commentators.
What do you expect when the bloody commentators are led by that totally pro-Geelong, talentless moron "Huddo".

Geelong are certainly playing extremely dirty today. The blatantly illegal hits on X and Dal were clearly premeditated IMO: a response to our first quarter dominance in the clearances. Scarlett is holding Gehrig every which way he can, but you have to hand it to the bloke: he is extremely clever at disguising what he is doing from the umps. So is Max, so we can't complain too much.

But I have no faith in the tribunal. I would be astonished to see either of the Geelong players serve any sort of suspension at all.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift