We need to play kids FAIR DINKUM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need to play kids FAIR DINKUM!

plumtire wrote:The games up! we are rumbled! the "soft centre" is exposed for all to see!
Dal Santo did all his good work when players like Steve Powell, Brett Voss, Heath Black and Luke Ball went in where it hurts to win the ball. No one says that D Santo is not a good player but "silky skills" are nothing in a side without the hard edge of a bit of mongrel, at present we have NO ONE who intimidates an opponent. Reiwoldt is a shadow of the player he was when his "minder" Hamill was around.
Its looking very similar to 1998-2001 again; from the verge of glory and then to ignominy. I'll still be barracking for them but I find it hard when we see so many softies waiting around for the glory to arrive.
Maybe I am mistaken but didnt Rooy win the B&F the last 2 years and Sammy didnt really play in that time. Very harsh on Rooy.

plumtire
Club Player

We need to play kids FAIR DINKUM!

:x Simply shows the standard of the B& F for those years :evil:

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

There simply is too much sentiment at St Kilda with respect to the forward line structure .. Someone needs to make the hard decision and face the facts that Kosi, Roo & G doesnt work.

G getting a game on reputation at the moment - plays 1 good game in 3. Too inconsistent. Far better playing Charlie Gardiner - at least he provides a contest when the ball hits the ground which is more than can be said about G.

:?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Red
Club Player

I agree kids need games and the argument that if you don't dominate the

VFL you haven't proved yourself is absolute bunkum. When Buddy Franklin

was playing VFL in 2006 he couldn't get a kick in the games I saw. That

didn't stop Clarkson putting him in the seniors where he actually played

better.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

PLAY THE KIDS

Promote Eddy
Geary
Armitage
Ferguson
Stevens
Ferguson is not a kid he is 24, he has been tried and is not up to AFL standard. FFS we delisted him and 15 other clubs said no thanks!!! Why do we keep flogging the same old dead horse.

GrumpyOne

BringBackMadDog wrote:
PLAY THE KIDS

Promote Eddy
Geary
Armitage
Ferguson
Stevens
Ferguson is not a kid he is 24, he has been tried and is not up to AFL standard. FFS we delisted him and 15 other clubs said no thanks!!! Why do we keep flogging the same old dead horse.
Fergs played well out of position when he made the team.

Half Forward flanker but played in defence to to an excess of that type.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Ferg can play AFL footy, but probably no better than adequately. We've plenty of adequate players, so I doubt he'll get called up.

Given he's been groomed as a defender (and is a decent one at that) I'd have included him for Raph, but I'm not a selector.