Dissilusioned

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Dissilusioned

I have bought a membership this year however I'm yet to go to a game. I find myself dissilusioned with many things atm.

- Our gameplan or style
- The umpiring and rules
- The tribunal
- The inequity of the draw
- Talk of more teams and rule changes

Right now I find local footy more captivating.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dissilusioned

Leo.J wrote:I have bought a membership this year however I'm yet to go to a game. I find myself dissilusioned with many things atm.

- Our gameplan or style
- The umpiring and rules
- The tribunal
- The inequity of the draw
- Talk of more teams and rule changes

Right now I find local footy more captivating.
Which local footy? !!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Prefer the VFL...

AFL is a corperate joke......a game about money...not the fans.....its about image.....and forgets about where it came from.....it has no soul IMO....

If it weren't for the St.KFC I would not even read about the game....let alone watch it.......pity there are a lot of good players out there...

Demetriou and Anderson are ruining the game

Ray Chamberlin is a disgrace

The tribunual is a farce

and it is over exposed....

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I live in Qld like many Saints supporters who live interstate and are members, we don't have the opportunity to go to games. We buy them to support the club.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I live in Qld like many Saints supporters who live interstate and are members, we don't have the opportunity to go to games. We buy them to support the club.
second that

my $100 years is not value for money (as i always forget to book tickets for games up here through the club)

but i feel like im doing my bit to get the boys over the line

call me crazy....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
noddy

I would give my left jatz to be able to go to all the games in Melbourne....disillusioned with the comp or not :shock: :wink: :cry:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I give my left jatz every week and its hurting! I want to leave the dome friday down one nad but happy god damn it!

noddy

LMAO :D :D IWANTMYSEATS

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I agree with the post somewhat, but not in other ways.

I really miss some of the things from the past. In particular, I miss people going for speckies. I miss that - big time!

And I feel like I don't support AFL - I support St. Kilda. And that's why I buy a membership.

Plus, I still haven't given up the dream. And I won't.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I bet Geelong fans are not dissilusioned. I bet if we had won all 4 games this year and the flag last year we wouldnt give a stuff about gameplans, umpires, rules and so on.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:I live in Qld like many Saints supporters who live interstate and are members, we don't have the opportunity to go to games. We buy them to support the club.
second that

my $100 years is not value for money (as i always forget to book tickets for games up here through the club)

but i feel like im doing my bit to get the boys over the line

call me crazy....
I hope you have remembered to book your tickets for the Brissie game, you need to do it this week :lol:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I bet Geelong fans are not dissilusioned. I bet if we had won all 4 games this year and the flag last year we wouldnt give a stuff about gameplans, umpires, rules and so on.
Geelong still play home games at home.

They still have a sense of community about their club.

We don't.

Melbourne clubs don't have a soul anymore. It's been sold to the AFL.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Times change. Sure we would all love to be at Moorabbin but if we were, we wouldn't exist anymore. Can't live in the past.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Times change. Sure we would all love to be at Moorabbin but if we were, we wouldn't exist anymore. Can't live in the past.
Geelong still exist.

Mark
Club Player

Agree with StBev...I live in Brisbane and interstate membership is a donation to support the club. I also feel disillusioned with the AFL,the actions of the umpires and tribunal are hard to fathom.

My son plays in the local AFLQ second division comp (Pineapple Cup)
and I get more enjoyment watching local/grass roots footy at the moment.

Mark

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I bet Geelong fans are not dissilusioned. I bet if we had won all 4 games this year and the flag last year we wouldnt give a stuff about gameplans, umpires, rules and so on.

We don't.

Geelong is a big city. How can even bother to compare. So we should be at Moorabbin. We cant even keep the ground up to scratch to train there. I love Moorabbin but people are softer than our day. they nearly all want a seat and great conditions.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Times change. Sure we would all love to be at Moorabbin but if we were, we wouldn't exist anymore. Can't live in the past.
Geelong still exist.
Technically, not a Melbourne side. They have a city behind them, we didn't even have the local council.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ok we won the flag in '66, but our time at Moorabbin was a time of continual failure and disappointment. I enjoyed going to matches there, but most of the time was to watch us get beaten.

We were all a happy bunch at our home at The Dome in 2004 wern't we!

I don't care where we play as long as we are winning and get another flag for the mighty Saints. So what, we lose a couple of games early in the year, we'll come good...don't be so sooky.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

We don't.

Geelong is a big city. How can even bother to compare. So we should be at Moorabbin. We cant even keep the ground up to scratch to train there. I love Moorabbin but people are softer than our day. they nearly all want a seat and great conditions.
true to an extent - Geelong has a popluation of about 250,000....the Saints, if based at Moorabbin, would have about 250,000 people within a 30 minute drive of the ground also, but for our old ground to become all seated would mean a capacity like Geelong of 23K. Whilst Kardinia Park is a soulful home for the Cats, bugger all fans can fit into the ground!

Standing room is virtually verboten nowadays at AFL grounds, and seating takes up way more room!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.