Where is Steven Baker?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintgus
Club Player

Where is Steven Baker?

I jus hear Steven Baker's name mentioned and i just realised i have no idea what his story is at the moment. Is he still playing with us, if so where is he?

Saints for the flag 2010
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Are you for real?

saintgus
Club Player

haha im being genuine?
still suspended from the dockers game?

Saints for the flag 2010
saintgus
Club Player

haha sorry...he can come back next week yer?
i just thought that it had been ages hes been out until i realised it was round 20 last yr when he hit the dockers bloke

Saints for the flag 2010
Snakeman66
Club Player

saintgus wrote:haha sorry...he can come back next week yer?
i just thought that it had been ages hes been out until i realised it was round 20 last yr when he hit the dockers bloke
Did not hit him.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
saintgus
Club Player

haha i agree....hes innocent...but hes back next wk yer?

Saints for the flag 2010
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Given the title I thought the thread would have something like this in it.

SharpShooter
Club Player

He was suspended for 7 matches, served 2 last year and so missed the first 5 this year. Should be back next week so long as he warrants selection. Hard to find too many players to take out to replace him. Maybe Jones or Armitage will go out.

savatage
SS Life Member

SharpShooter wrote:He was suspended for 7 matches, served 2 last year and so missed the first 5 this year. Should be back next week so long as he warrants selection. Hard to find too many players to take out to replace him. Maybe Jones or Armitage will go out.
You're taking the piss surely?

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Bakes = straight in.

Jones out

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry.

Jones or L. Fisher or blake out

SharpShooter
Club Player

savatage wrote:
SharpShooter wrote:He was suspended for 7 matches, served 2 last year and so missed the first 5 this year. Should be back next week so long as he warrants selection. Hard to find too many players to take out to replace him. Maybe Jones or Armitage will go out.
I wouldn't like Armitage to go, he's been great tonight but I would expect that 1-2 changes happen week in week out, and Armitage may go out for a week to try and see how effective the in's are.

Would think next week will have Jones out, Baker in. Can't see any other changes until the week after when Gehrig may come back in.

savatage
SS Life Member

SharpShooter wrote:
savatage wrote:
I wouldn't like Armitage to go, he's been great tonight but I would expect that 1-2 changes happen week in week out, and Armitage may go out for a week to try and see how effective the in's are.

Would think next week will have Jones out, Baker in. Can't see any other changes until the week after when Gehrig may come back in.
I wouldn't get rid of one of the shining lights...a few guys that I don't personally think have been cutting it: L Fisher, J Blake (tries, but just not clean), C Jones (I like him but he struggled). Don't forget Gardiner & Schneider should hopefully be right. King may be in doubt though.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm where is dear old Bakes?? Mongrels!! :evil: :x

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
hAyES
Club Player

SharpShooter wrote:
savatage wrote:

Wow. Why would you take out one of our up-and-comers just to see how his replacement would do? Especially after he just played a good game?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SharpShooter wrote:
savatage wrote:

What are you talking about. why would you want Armo out. King will be out you would think and hopefully Gardiner back. And also Schnieder for maybe Dempster.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Bakes hit no one.
The dockers guy wasn't looking where he was going and ran into the back of Bakes.
The dockers guy smashed his face on the back of Bakes head - Bakes has a tough nut.
Bakes was innocent.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Baker was in the Social Club after the game....

He looked very happy and is raring to go.

I would imgaine that he will be straight in next week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Nick_Stone29
Club Player

3 or 4 changes next week

In -Schneider, Rix, Baker & (if avail Gardi)

Out- King inj, Jones, Blake .

A previous poster mentioned Dempster - did a great a job on Lovett. No way in the world he will be dropped. Will be earmarked for a Burgoyne , Rodan or Pearce next week for sure !!!

nicko016
Club Player

With Baker coming in it will be interesting to see what happens with Dempster, Fisher and Blake. All three play mainly as taggers but don't win much of the ball. Is that too many of them to go in wit Baker playing also? Blake not play this role now becuase he may be used as a relief ruckmen this week but in the future how many players can you afford to have in the team who get little of the ball themselves and just do a job. I'd say Dempster is relatively safe becuase he can play pretty versatile in the backline while Fish does such a good job to be excluded. That leaves Blake who's safe for the moment but once he's no longer needed to ruck he may find himself forced out. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

reort of Gilbert hodling/ carrying a shoulder / arm injury- in a sling after the game- maybe bakes can slot in down back.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Richter
SS Life Member

Baker for Leigh Fisher
Gards (or Rix if MG not ready yet) for King
Schneider for CJ

Baker straight swap for Leigh Fisher - both taggers and defenders but Bakes also gets some of his own ball, more aggressive presence etc. The man.

Blake won't be dropped - even if you don't rate him as a link man he's needed as back-up ruckman for if MG/King/Rix goes down like this week.

I thought Dempster got into it a bit more this week - RL knows him better than we do and I suspect he sees more in him.

Schneider for CJ - again straight swap although different attributes: Schneider pacey, good footy brain, good kick for goal, can crumb. CJ superquick, good tackler, courageous but a worse kick than my 85 year diabetic grandma with a poor footy brain to boot.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:reort of Gilbert hodling/ carrying a shoulder / arm injury- in a sling after the game- maybe bakes can slot in down back.
Same injury as Dal - he looked to have a bit of a dead arm at times, particularly while on the mark. He played the match out, as did Dal and I'd imagine considering they both played out the game they should be ok for next week - then again what am I to know.

While driving home I think the triple M doctor mentioned that King injured his quad(?) at the start of the third term - he ran around a little while longer before leaving the ground. He was in the rooms after the game with no ice or strapping on his leg so pehaps just a precautionary on St Kilda's behalf.

starsign
Club Player

I think RL on Kings injury called it a bit of a back spasm that left him with some tightness in the hammy and could be OK next week

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintgus wrote:haha i agree....hes innocent...but hes back next wk yer?
to answer your question:
yes, he CAN play next week, but that doesnt mean that he will be picked in the squad. because the port game will be a tough one, and he hasnt played in a H&A game since about round 20 last year.
If i was Ross Lyon i would keep G and Baker out until round 7 against the tigers!
although G might have one of those games where he kicks 6 goals, or he could have a bad game where he kicks 1 point! so i wouldnt risk it!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."