Rix should never, ever,ever, ever ruck again........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

Rix should never, ever,ever, ever ruck again........

Sorry, but Rix should never ever ruck again for us again,.I have never seen a more insipid display of ruckwork in my life. A big body means stuff all if you can't use it!! Lade killed us, everywhere! God it's so frustratin go for the mighty Saints!!

ratismeat
Club Player

never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever :twisted:

pluggernaut
Club Player

ever,ever,ever,ever,ever...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yep.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Took me one second to realise he was hopeless but who else were they going to play? Both King and Gardiner seem out for the count. How many games did we get with both of them playing? And what was the result?

jill
Club Player

McEvoy again in best for Casey - should have been given a go - told to go out, do your best, learn from the experience - both he & the club would benefit!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Cox was killed by them 2 last week, very harsh imo

Before Im 85
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:McEvoy again in best for Casey - should have been given a go - told to go out, do your best, learn from the experience - both he & the club would benefit!
No I disagree, whilst Rix is a hack, what would've been the point in putting McEvoy at 18 up against two monsters in game played at Adelaide's version of Arctic Park?

What good would that have done for his confidence, assuming it would've been a really tough night?

Sure, give him a go against the Tiggers at Telstra Dome next week and drop Rix....that's if RL is prepared to acknowledge we have issues in the ruck without King and Gardy!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigmicka
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Cox was killed by them 2 last week, very harsh imo
Don't think it's harsh, just honest.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Did you not not how they monstered Kosi...putting him on his back.

Throwing Mcevoy at this stage of his development could have been quite harmful to him.

Football wise McEvoy would have been thrashed as well......make no doubt about it.

Rix is only an average footballer yes....but given his level of talent he played near his ability.

The same cannot be said of say Dal.....or X.....or even Bally whose handballs and kicks were errant all night.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
hotdish
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
jill wrote:McEvoy again in best for Casey - should have been given a go - told to go out, do your best, learn from the experience - both he & the club would benefit!
No I disagree, whilst Rix is a hack, what would've been the point in putting McEvoy at 18 up against two monsters in game played at Adelaide's version of Arctic Park?

What good would that have done for his confidence, assuming it would've been a really tough night?

Sure, give him a go against the Tiggers at Telstra Dome next week and drop Rix....that's if RL is prepared to acknowledge we have issues in the ruck without King and Gardy!
Arguments like that breed softness. I don't care if Ports ruckman are awesome and tough, the kid is built well and is rucking in the VFL against GROWN MEN - Luenberger is doing it at Brisbane, why can't McEvoy play a few games.

If you asked the kid if he wanted to play i'm sure he would put his hand up.

Some of you guys are acting like if he plays seniors this year, he will get snapped in half and his career will be over. Confidence? Who cares - he would know he's up against it, but would be there to learn from the pros...

give the kid a run instead of RIX

I would rather he play and get dominated rather than Rix - the more games we get into him early on, the better...

danners
Club Player

did any one see how many times kosi should have been awarded a free kick in the ruck?

Rix4eva
Club Player

Thought Rix kept us in the game early, had a great battle with Lade probably sharing the honours and all in all we would have lost by a lot more if not for his heroics.

Anyone else agree?

midas_touch
Club Player

We were never gonna be competitive in the ruck with Rix contesting, let alone against the Lade/Brogan combination. Hopefully Gardi will be right next week so we no longer have to see Rix playing in Saints colours anymore. Can't question his effort and work ethic, but its simple fact that he can't ruck or play football at the elite level.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Zippy
Club Player

Measuring our backup ruckman against a duo like that is always going to look bad.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:did any one see how many times kosi should have been awarded a free kick in the ruck?
Kosi is pretty clueless when it comes to positioning his body in the ruck.......and I would suspect some of what you see as frees are rather that Kosi has positioned himself poorly....and for example if the other ruckmen is going for the tap...the ump will for ignore Kosi being kneed....as long as the other ruckman's intent is to tap the ball (rather than just to knee Kosi).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Took me one second to realise he was hopeless but who else were they going to play? Both King and Gardiner seem out for the count. How many games did we get with both of them playing? And what was the result?
mcevoy should be given a go....

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Agreed SRr
Rix was never going to beat the best ruck duo in the comp at the moment.
And most dont want to see his defensive work without the ball.
McEvoy is not Luenberger, and if he WAS better than Rix then RL and the match committee would have selected him.

Seeya
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Rix4eva wrote:Thought Rix kept us in the game early, had a great battle with Lade probably sharing the honours and all in all we would have lost by a lot more if not for his heroics.

Anyone else agree?
:shock:

You have an unfortunate nic.
I shuddered when I found out he was in the side and for good reason

RIX = DUD harsh but true.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Not even good as a backup. Was worth a shot, but didn't come through.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:57am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Calling him a Dud is harsh.
I don't see why. Has no skill, no idea how to play footy and his opponents have a tendency to get BOG whenever he's in the seniors.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Calling him a Dud is harsh.

Agree with Zippy.

We are hanging on to King coming back... but he was an unlikely pick up. So, besides King, who were we looking at to fill the ruck duties in 2008?

Gardi... would be nice if fit.
Kosi?

There is the problem.... Kosi is NOT a center ruckman, neither is Rix. But when called to action at least they tried - against 2 giants.

We still don't have a solid consistent ruckman or 2. Too late to get one now. We must carry on... if that means Rix in ruck... then so be it. But please lets not be calling him a dud... the mistakes/chances were had during draft time. As I recall... not too many ruckmen in that draft.

Pointing at certain players as the root of all our evil is foolish. It's a team sport.
but he seems lost no matter where he is on the ground, struggles to do anything positive, at least Kosi can win a tap or two and take marks around the grd.
Rix does nothing except maybe give away a few frees.
Harsh yes..but true.