SACK ROSS LYON

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

I think the players, maybe even Ross, need to put Riewoldts B&F speech on some sort of loop, Zoolander style. Even riewoldt himself could use a reminder I think. Pretty average game from himm with the exception his goals. Coaching staff need to realise that its useless leaving him in the f50 when he is double teamed. They need to stop ebing so pathetically predictable.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Saintschampions08
Club Player

barneyboyz wrote:
Saintschampions08 wrote:
barneyboyz wrote:
backit wrote:He will come out and say we are 3 and 3 at the moment, I am happy with where we are at.

What a crock, he should not be happy with any loss or anything less than 100%.

The supporters are not happy Ross. Listen and do something about it.
Look what happened last year, got lots of pressure and changed game, what the?? things started to happen. If you didn't know better (not sure I do), looks like he's holding them back, hmm. be 50/50 around mid year and go BANG! think about it, no really, think about it!!
Not really...

We had a really easy schedule for the 2nd half of the year.
we dismantled Hawthorn pretty easy
We beat:

WCE (Bangers 350th), Richmond, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Carlton, Freo & Richmond.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Saintschampions08 wrote:
barneyboyz wrote:
Saintschampions08 wrote:
barneyboyz wrote:
backit wrote:He will come out and say we are 3 and 3 at the moment, I am happy with where we are at.

What a crock, he should not be happy with any loss or anything less than 100%.

The supporters are not happy Ross. Listen and do something about it.
Look what happened last year, got lots of pressure and changed game, what the?? things started to happen. If you didn't know better (not sure I do), looks like he's holding them back, hmm. be 50/50 around mid year and go BANG! think about it, no really, think about it!!
Not really...

We had a really easy schedule for the 2nd half of the year.
we dismantled Hawthorn pretty easy
We beat:

WCE (Bangers 350th), Richmond, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Carlton, Freo & Richmond.
If we had the same scenario this year, on current form we might lose 3 - 4 of those and you could probably pencil in a loss to the scum & Tigers in that lot! on the other hand, if they aren't being held slightly back at present, then "OH s***", we are in strife

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
ThomasR
Club Player

Ross Lyon - 2 weeks

Then judgment will be made.

I think he's a superb assistant coach.

SainterX
Club Player

How about this? Sack Lyon right now and Saintsational can take over the duties ;) We can all take turns, see who gets the results. As a bonus this forum can be the place to vote online for team selections every week to make it easier :P

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

3 or 4 more losses from the next 5 games and he's probably finished as the saints coach.

God coaching is a tough job.

St.Kenny
Club Player

hopefully all the 'knobs' on this site and around the club will go when he goes and we can reinstate our winning culture.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
AP Erebus
Club Player

do you seriously think that removing the coach is going to achieve anything...

This club will not win anything, ANYTHING, without stability... The board f***ed us over with the removal of GT, stability wins you premierships.

Look at Geelong 2006... Everyone was calling for his head, the club took stock, held together.... BELIEVED IN EACH OTHER, and look what happened in 07.

This is precisely the reason this club will be lucky to win against the Donvale U-12's, because idiots like yourself call for the coaches head every second week...

Sure, we lost, but 3-3 isn't bad... not great but I'd much prefer it to West Coast....

Once again, injuries are playing their toll and i think the people on this forum that call themselves supporters need to take a long hard look at themselves and...

HARDEN THE f*** UP!

EDIT: Some say we need our winning culture... This club has NEVER had a winning culture. We infight, backstab and basically self destruct at the slightest thing.
Last edited by AP Erebus on Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:10am, edited 2 times in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

AP Erebus wrote:do you seriously think that removing the coach is going to achieve anything...

This club will not win anything, ANYTHING, without stability... The board f***ed us over with the removal of GT, stability wins you premierships.

Look at Geelong 2006... Everyone was calling for his head, the club took stock, held together.... BELIEVED IN EACH OTHER, and look what happened in 07.

This is precisely the reason this club will be lucky to win against the Donvale U-12's, because idiots like yourself call for the coaches head every second week...

Sure, we lost, but 3-3 isn't bad... not great but I'd much prefer it to West Coast....

Once again, injuries are playing their toll and i think the people on this forum that call themselves supporters need to take a long hard look at themselves and...

HARDEN THE f*** UP!
great post.

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: SACK ROSS LYON

Aussie Bears wrote:We are going nowhere.

Plus about 20 useless F*%$ers on the list.
I'm going to print this post out and wipe my arse with it. That's about all it's good for.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:hopefully all the 'knobs' on this site and around the club will go when he goes and we can reinstate our winning culture.
Spot on St Kenny,
Lets admit we made a mistake
Sack Ross Lyon and reinstate GT
Sack Archie Fraser and beg Jim Watts to come back.
Sack Drain and pay Waldron whatever he wants to get him back.
Sack Westaway and his Board and beg RB to come back with his Board.

Only when we do this will we return to our glory days where we were the most 'feared' club in the competition and won premiership after premiership!

Maybe we should coax Yabby out of his 'retirement home' to come back and coach?

Let's dig up Graeme Huggins and Ian Drake to run our admin.

Also I didn't realize that coaching was such a simple job. Why on earth would you pay a coach hundreds of thousands of dollars per year when there are at least 2 dozen on here alone who know how to do a better job?

WHy don't all those who know better than our current coach send in their resumes on Monday so that when the Board accedes to the wishes of the 'We Know Better Club' on Saintsational, and sacks the current coach because we played more 'appealing' footy in 2004-2006?

Forget about the team being 'soft'.
It's us that are 'soft'.

Many on here deride B4E for 'having a go' at GT on radio. At least he had the courage of his convictions to 'front' someone he thought was doing a bad job and telling him.

How many of us posters on here posting disparaging and/or belittling comments about our coach and individual Saints players would have the courage to come out from behind their anonymous keyboards and actually tell them those comments thoughts to their faces?

I'd hazzard a guess that it wouldn't be too many of us.

FFS be passionate and bitter about our poor performances, but when did we descend to the depths of being like Tiger supporters?

AP Erebus
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:hopefully all the 'knobs' on this site and around the club will go when he goes and we can reinstate our winning culture.
Spot on St Kenny,
Lets admit we made a mistake
Sack Ross Lyon and reinstate GT
Sack Archie Fraser and beg Jim Watts to come back.
Sack Drain and pay Waldron whatever he wants to get him back.
Sack Westaway and his Board and beg RB to come back with his Board.

Only when we do this will we return to our glory days where we were the most 'feared' club in the competition and won premiership after premiership!

Maybe we should coax Yabby out of his 'retirement home' to come back and coach?

Let's dig up Graeme Huggins and Ian Drake to run our admin.

Also I didn't realize that coaching was such a simple job. Why on earth would you pay a coach hundreds of thousands of dollars per year when there are at least 2 dozen on here alone who know how to do a better job?

WHy don't all those who know better than our current coach send in their resumes on Monday so that when the Board accedes to the wishes of the 'We Know Better Club' on Saintsational, and sacks the current coach because we played more 'appealing' footy in 2004-2006?

Forget about the team being 'soft'.
It's us that are 'soft'.

Many on here deride B4E for 'having a go' at GT on radio. At least he had the courage of his convictions to 'front' someone he thought was doing a bad job and telling him.

How many of us posters on here posting disparaging and/or belittling comments about our coach and individual Saints players would have the courage to come out from behind their anonymous keyboards and actually tell them those comments thoughts to their faces?

I'd hazzard a guess that it wouldn't be too many of us.

FFS be passionate and bitter about our poor performances, but when did we descend to the depths of being like Tiger supporters?
Well said, great post...

I often wonder why i'm not more active on this forum... and then I read tonights fun bunches of posts...

Saintschampions08
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:3 or 4 more losses from the next 5 games and he's probably finished as the saints coach.

God coaching is a tough job.
The rest of our schedule starts getting tougher.
If we continue to make amateurish mistakes, bad decisions, and continue displaying poor footskills, we will struggle.

Of the next 5 games, i'd expect us to guaranteed win 2 (Richmond & Melbourne) - Then we have 3 games that could go either way (Collingwood, Brisbane & Bulldogs).
On current form its tought to see us beating either Collingwood or the Dogs, but maybe Brisbane.

After that however, it starts getting a lot tougher. Our travelling fixture is much harder, shorter times between games, and we don't have any real 'guaranteed' win games.

marksnsparks
Club Player

Eastern wrote:THAT'S RIGHT...Sack the coach.

We have been doing that for over 100 years and look where that's got us. It's not that simple !!
Well said Eastern. The only wise words in all this insanity. I know you're all a bit toey cause of the 42 year wait and all, but for once why don't we learn from history and keep a coach (and a board for that matter) for longer than it takes for the paint to dry on their parking spot name plate?

Stability might get us the holy grail....you never know...how long would Bomber Thompson have lasted at St Kilda?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Writings on the wall!!!! Rossco go's or where headed to another decade of misery....another one!!!!!

Plenty of coaches out there that would be willing to take the job....ie-sheedy!!!! The way this club is playing at the moment, its a F ing disgrace and it's time to act.I'm fairly well parra so i'll eleborate tmrow. But the message is....R.Lyon is the worst coach of the millienium! Time to go alonfg with several players......ko...s*** ..ke,and the rest

St.Kenny
Club Player

Being a fool is no excuse for being courageous. This is the same nitwit who begged endlessly for Rix's placement in the ruck. And we're supposed to 'respect' Barks. Says it all about this club really ...............

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ummmm......since when has the admin side of things got anyone over the line for a win.
coaches and players have fingers pointed at them.
admin has nothing to do with on field performance

sainters man
Club Player

Now all you little cry babys that is calling for the coache's head...i think yous are all a bit dramatic. We are all hurting, so if we get on a roll and start winning games i dont wanna see the guys bagging ross lyon and jumping back on board saying how good he is cause it reminds me of collingwood supporters so pull your heads in!

sassy

Our game plan is outdated. Were is the playing on at all costs? See Geelong (and that is the way Freo challenged them).

Our inability to score a goal in a quater is unacceptable. What does he see out their that i am missing.

We are kicking the ball backwards and sideways and putting no pressure on the defense. Or when we do gain a turnover from Port we have no one to kick to.

The reality is that i watch sport to be entertained- but honestly if that is entertainment- then i am going to spend my money elsewhere.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sacking the coach would be a huge setback, again.

Perseverance and stability are the first two things to get right.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I dont know if sacking RL is the answer, for the reasons that havealready been stated. BUT ILL TELL you one thing. He is in real trouble.

Not only will we not go anywhere playing this amateur pathetic brand of outdated football, but he will single handedly dilute our supporter base to nothing but a handful!!

Pathetic , inept, and Im buggered if I know what is the way to go. If dosent improve over the year though, I wont be crying to see him go. Set back or not as it would be, can it be any worse than playing this sort of garbage?? :shock:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

AP Erebus wrote:do you seriously think that removing the coach is going to achieve anything...
Depends on who replaces him.

We need a winner - someone who has been there, someone who will shake the place up.

You know, even Dean Laidley is sounding pretty good right now. :cry:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

NEVER under ANY coach in OUR history have we played such NEGATIVE football to this extent, its just not on. Even with piss poor lists we would have been looking to take chances, take the opposition on, nothing to lose etc., might not have worked, but thats not the point.

Hell, sack him mid season I dont give a rats arse, something HAS to change, and some more pain needs to be taken on again.

WE WILL HAVE NO SUPPORTERS LEFT. Get with the f****** program Ross, your acting brain dead.

happy feet
Club Player

too late

I thought Lyon was a good pick, but after last night I am not so sure. We cannot play like Sydney. They get away with it because of the small home ground SCG and have perfected it on this ground.

Last night was one of the first few times I have turned off the telly in disgust.

What is wrong with quick direct and attacking football. When we get the ball quickly into our forward line we do ok, except everyone seem to have forgotten how to kick a goal. Not only do we play flat, but we look flat. Did you see the body language on Goddard, Dalsanto, Goose, and the rest - do these guys want to play footy are they all pissed off at the way they are being asked to play.

We are stuck with RL for a while but let's face it, if we did sack him who would you replace him with.

We will lose next week. We are forgetting how ot play agressively and put teams away.

Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:great post.
Geez. Don't hear much from you anymore... expertise doesn't dry up does it?

You were pretty happy with the plan last night?

Williams told us we'd play like it before the game. The commentators said we play like it before during the game. Other posters told us they were frightened that we'd play like that EVER.

The rotation movement of Max, Goose & BJ onto the dominant forward of the last 15 seconds of the match was fascinating. Coaching brilliance. As predicted.

The players were never given a crack at winning that match.

Gutless.